Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Jonathan Supporters Are His Enemy. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Supporters Are His Enemy. (1130 Views)

Jonathan’s Supporters Set To Float New Mega Party / Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters / Don’t Panic, Presidency Tells Jonathan’s Supporters: Abati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Supporters Are His Enemy. by oloyedayo(m): 6:46am On Feb 13, 2015
As I have always said, if I eventually have the opportunity to cast my votein the forthcoming presidential election, I shall vote Jonathan. However, my decision to vote him rests on the fact that I am convincedthat the opposition did not present abetter alternative. I am not going to vote Jonathan because Ohanaeze ndigbo asked me to do so. Never! I shall vote for him because as an enlightened mind, I want Nigeria to make progress. I will not vote for a candidate that will find it very difficult to fit into the 21st century leadership demands. Having said that, I have noticed that the greatest enemies of Jonathan’s success at this poll are those that claim to be his supporters. How do you describe a situation where people from the South East and South South tend to regard any of their own that supports Buhari as a fool? It is common to see an Igboman rebuke his brother who expresses the view that he will vote for Buhari for presidency. It’s always,are you a fool? You want to vote for Hausa man? You want to vote a Muslim to rule you? But we forget that it will also amount to foolishness for a northerner/Hausa man to leave his brother Buhari and vote Jonathan or a Christian. Today, many Igbos and south southerners dislike Rochas and Amaechi solely on the ground of their support for Buhari but at the same time, we are happy that Shetima of Kastina State and Yuguda of Bauchi State are pro-Jonathan.We want Northerners to vote Jonathan but at the same time we see our own people that decide to make their own choices according tohow they feel as fools and unpatriotic. But we quickly forget that based on our current national population arithmetic which many will argue to be faulty; the north has more states and human population than South East and South South. Ofcourse, as we all know, at present, the South West tends to go with APCthan PDP.Therefore, if we are to vote on ethnic and religious lines as many of us promote by our actions and spoken words, Buhari will emerge our next president. I expect Jonathan’s supporters particularly the Igbos and the South Southerners to focus more on the qualities of Jonathan that place him far above Buhari than this very mundane verbal attacks on their brothers and sisters that decide to support a fellow Nigerian. He who seeks for justice should at minimum come with clean hands.http://www.news24.com.ng/Elections/MyNews24/How-Jonathans-supporters-undermine-his-chances-of-winning-this-election-20150209

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Supporters Are His Enemy. by madridguy(m): 6:47am On Feb 13, 2015
Ok
Re: Jonathan Supporters Are His Enemy. by koikoi2(m): 6:47am On Feb 13, 2015
Lie lie news.
GEJ til 2019

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Supporters Are His Enemy. by ajoskele(m): 6:51am On Feb 13, 2015
Blame Jonathan. He has successfully divided this country based on ethnic and religious lines.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Supporters Are His Enemy. by Nobody: 6:51am On Feb 13, 2015
Ma guy, will ya blame anybody. D north feels dey re born to rule. Its like ya don't really know dis people, dey ruled for over 40 years. Why is it dat wen a southern man wants to rule dey starts telling ya wen its 8 years power must come to d north. If anybody nids to be talked to I guess dis article is for d a*bokiz and not we. Try and get it, dey feel dey re superior, and d southerners re inferior.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Supporters Are His Enemy. by Arysexy(m): 6:52am On Feb 13, 2015
Stup1d op

Do u know in the north GEJ supporters are not only called "arne " infidels, unbelievers, they are also hunted down, attacked and killed.

U are very f00lish to write this jargon.

BTW Why did u change ur topic title from GEJ supporters are funny to GEJ supporters are his enemies?
Re: Jonathan Supporters Are His Enemy. by oloyedayo(m): 6:53am On Feb 13, 2015
koikoi2:
Lie lie news.
GEJ til 2019
it is always my own view that if GEJ supporters could start behaving well more people will support our president but instead abuse is use to send people away.
Re: Jonathan Supporters Are His Enemy. by Chukwu94: 6:54am On Feb 13, 2015
They are his enemies because they know he is incapable of ruling our great country.
sai buhari
Re: Jonathan Supporters Are His Enemy. by oloyedayo(m): 6:54am On Feb 13, 2015
Arysexy:
Stup1d op

Do u know in the north GEJ supporters are not only called "arne " infidels, unbelievers, they are also hunted down, attacked and killed.

BTW Why did u change ur topic title from GEJ supporters are funny to GEJ supporters are his enemies?
Thanks for hurling the insult.
Re: Jonathan Supporters Are His Enemy. by temitemi1(m): 7:00am On Feb 13, 2015
Another broom mentality presenting himself as GEJ supporter grin grin... We know ourselves jaree! GEJ till 2019!!!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Supporters Are His Enemy. by chrisgurl(f): 7:00am On Feb 13, 2015
Sometimes a man's greatest enemy is himself!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Supporters Are His Enemy. by KwoiZabo(m): 7:04am On Feb 13, 2015
I will rebuke any southerner that wants to vote Buhari not because Buhari is from the North or because he is a Muslim but here are my reasons:
1. Buhari was highly unfair to the south as President, I can forgive personally but I will also be unfair to my children if I support him when there are millions of other Muslim northerners that are far better than Buhari.
2. Buhari voted against an Igbo man Peter Onu for OAU sec gen over a fulani man from Niger republic despite pleas from Julius Nyerere of Tanzania. That is how bad Buhari is.
3. Buhari overthrew a civilian govt. so it's an insult to the Country that after 31yrs we want to tell the world that he is the best we have. A 73yr old papa. No.
4. Buhari served under Abacha and told us Abacha is not corrupt. He condemns corruption only when it doesn't favour him.
5. He is not concerned when blood is shed in pursuit of his ambition. My have died directly and indirectly because of Buhari.
6. He entered the Army fraudulently and finally forged results.
I can go on and on. So for me it's only greedy and foolish southerners that can support Buhari and they disgust me. Period.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Supporters Are His Enemy. by Arysexy(m): 7:04am On Feb 13, 2015
oloyedayo:

Thanks for hurling the insult.

Thanks for writing rubbish this early morning.

Special adviser on igbo affairs.

Mtcheeew!
Re: Jonathan Supporters Are His Enemy. by Kennywills7(m): 7:07am On Feb 13, 2015
Both party supporters are guilty of dis

For me everyone hv a choice and should b allow to make and execute dat choice as far as voting is concern in dis elections

That am voting for Gej does not mean i will force pple to vote for him
its by choice
and d Apc supporters need to know dis too

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Supporters Are His Enemy. by F22RAPTOR(m): 7:09am On Feb 13, 2015
ajoskele:
Blame Jonathan. He has successfully divided this country based on ethnic and religious lines.
nope the division has been there for a very long time, we have been living in self denial. the north started the quota system, special treatment for indigenes, catchment area and the rest. Some southerners were even changing their names to Hausa names just because they wanted to benefit or didn't want to be victims of the ethnic bigotry in the north. pls don't say what you cannot defend. Its just that now that they need power, they are coming in 'peace', and only a fool will fall for their wimps and caprices.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Supporters Are His Enemy. by Orunto: 8:42am On Feb 13, 2015
Most of the Hausa/Fulanis around him are spying for Buhari. God Himself is aware. The spies' ways will perish IJN AMEN!!!
Re: Jonathan Supporters Are His Enemy. by oloyedayo(m): 4:36pm On Feb 13, 2015
Orunto:
Most of the Hausa/Fulanis around him are spying for Buhari. God Himself is aware. The spies' ways will perish IJN AMEN!!!
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Jonathan Supporters Are His Enemy. by VolvoS60(m): 11:37pm On Feb 13, 2015
KwoiZabo:
I will rebuke any southerner that wants to vote Buhari not because Buhari is from the North or because he is a Muslim but here are my reasons:
1. Buhari was highly unfair to the south as President, I can forgive personally but I will also be unfair to my children if I support him when there are millions of other Muslim northerners that are far better than Buhari.
2. Buhari voted against an Igbo man Peter Onu for OAU sec gen over a fulani man from Niger republic despite pleas from Julius Nyerere of Tanzania. That is how bad Buhari is.
3. Buhari overthrew a civilian govt. so it's an insult to the Country that after 31yrs we want to tell the world that he is the best we have. A 73yr old papa. No.
4. Buhari served under Abacha and told us Abacha is not corrupt. He condemns corruption only when it doesn't favour him.
5. He is not concerned when blood is shed in pursuit of his ambition. My have died directly and indirectly because of Buhari.
6. He entered the Army fraudulently and finally forged results.
I can go on and on. So for me it's only greedy and foolish southerners that can support Buhari and they disgust me. Period.

^^^
Sometimes it is made to seem as if Mr. Buhari is the only other candidate in the race. There are at least 10 other opposition candidates in the race apart from Mr. Buhari. Why the focus on him?

I have said time and time again - this election is solely a referendum on Mr. Jonathan's performance. The election was supposed to be his to win. Now it is a much more even contest - he could just as easily lose as he could win. Unfortunately for him, the rampant corruption that has hollowed out his government has sealed his fate.

The Jonathan government underestimated - or perhaps ignored - the rising tide of public anger against his administration - an administration that has time and time again, proved to be firmly in thrall to, and in league with dark, shadowy, vested interests. For this reason, Mr. Jonathan is likely to pay a heavy price at the polls. It is by no means certain, but it is likely. Several opportunities (too many to list here) came up for the Jonathan administration to take a firm stand against carpetbaggers and robber barons. Instead, Mr. Jonathan and key members of his government and party chose to do nothing - in continuation of the PDPs 16 year misrule of this country.

He squandered his opportunity and he should pay the price. Mr. Jonathan should go. angry

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Supporters Are His Enemy. by Change2015(m): 12:12am On Feb 14, 2015
Arysexy:
Stup1d op

Please provide evidence of your claims about what happens in the north.

#change
#GMB
#APC

(1) (Reply)

Photos From Boko Haram Members As They Stormed Gombe Last Saturday / Nigerian Army Special Forces Training Video... / Another Four Years Of Jonathan Means Disaster For Nigeria, Says Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.