Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,360 members, 7,868,043 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 09:46 AM

Like Mother, Like Daughter.... Like Father, Like Son??? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Like Mother, Like Daughter.... Like Father, Like Son??? (694 Views)

Help A Mother Like Yours To Survive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Like Mother, Like Daughter.... Like Father, Like Son??? by CuteMaryJ: 8:20am On Feb 13, 2015
#Health

Like Mother, Like Daughter.... Like Father, Like Son

Lol.... So Lupita Nyong’o shared a throwback photo of her mom from 1983. A question popped up. in my mind the very moment i saw the side~by~side picture of Lupita Nyong'o and a younger version of her mum. They are both basically twins & look very cute together. Very few people have this glorious luck. It is so in some families though.

There are cases whereby a child looks EXACTLY like a younger version of a parent. And also, a child poses for a picture, twitches her mouth, and the picture comes out only to be discovered during a family abulm compilation that she struck EXACTLY the same pose like her mum & grandmum at that age.

They say the world goes round... yes it does. The earth is geoid in shape & that ensures that it goes rotates & revolves. Putting aside the geographical factors now, i personally have a sister that doesn't resemble my mother at all! But she looks EXACTLY like one of my sisters. They look alike in complexion and everything. While my mum is on the ebony side of life, my sister is on the white side of life. Also, i've come to notice in my family that the first child might be dark, the next most certainly will be fair, then the next will be dark. The only thing you can attach my sister towards my mum's angle is the gap~teeth. Most of us come from homes where you or your sibling looks like one of your parent identically. Or they don't look like any but they look like a relation, be it a fellow sibling, aunt, uncle, nephew, etc.... If you look exactly like any of your parent, you are safe.

I came across an article & i couldn't help but laugh out loud. It was in form of a question. In it the lady sounded scared. She said the son of her husband's brother looks identical to her husband. It intrigued me & i found out that she was not alone. Another woman said her husband freaks out because their child looks exactly like his brother. Some children even grow up & begin to worry "I no resemble papa, I no resemble mama, who i kan resemble? You sure say dem no adopt me?"

Lol.... really, it is very much possible for you to have a child that looks like your in~law, so stop fidgeting. The truth is, it depends on the recessive gene. This fact is something that will make Gregory mendel's followers very happy.

It all depends on whose gene pool. The gene pool is the set of all genes, or genetic information, in any population, usually of a particular species. Family resemblances can be highly unpredictable. But there are two things involved: It is possible your biological child might not look much like you. It is also possible that your wife might have gotten supplies from another filling station. If you are in the former section, you are pretty much safe, if you are in the later, you need to do a parental genetic test. Most men prefer the former though, especially when it comes to a child they love.

Don't just depend on the physical traits though. Also consider other factors. There is the psychological & emotional part of it too. Despite this, there are men who have children with similar physical traits but once they touch this child, (s)he begins to cry loudly for no reason. It happens though. Just give the child time to grow up. Don't jump into hasty conclusions about the child. Take your time. It's not as if your wife cheated on you with your brother, just learn to bond. But if you have doubts, do carry out a DNA test (i advise without the knowledge of your partner in the first instance due to possible emotional stress).

Some men prefer to protect the integrity of their family so they bottle up their doubts for years till the bubble bursts. For those who look luke their parents, kudos to you all. You are the beauty of your heritage!

(Gotten from www.facebook.com/hopesignatures)

(1) (Reply)

Recipes For Pen** (sugarcane) Enlargement / Tubal Blockage And How It Affects Fertility / 10 Natural Ways To Address The Root Cause Of Your Infertility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.