Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,239 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! (18575 Views)

Nigeria Economy: We ‘re Starting From Scratch - Buhari / Diversification of Nigeria Economy : We Need Techs more than Agric !e / Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy Given Current Growth Rate (EXCLUSIVE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by anwo247: 1:31pm On Feb 13, 2015
teemanbastos:
Economy good yet i dy struggle, xo whatz d benefit of good economy? undecided
gej is workingundecided

Wait; don't innovate, don't think, don't work. Go to the mosque or wherever to pray 36 times in a day and the economic growth in Nigeria will bring food to your table, pack the plates, wash them and say thank you sir.

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by anwo247: 1:32pm On Feb 13, 2015

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by tsdarkside(m): 1:33pm On Feb 13, 2015
100Cents:
GOODLUCK should take it easy.

The way he is developing Nigeria is too fast for people without certificate to understand.. cheesy

HAHAHA,you are funny.

i like both goodluck and buhari...

fact still is: we are at war!!!
if some people did not realize till now.goodluck is good for peace-times.
but i think buhari will be better in war-times.
Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by wazobiaN9(m): 1:33pm On Feb 13, 2015
waternogetemeny:
Our economy is doing well with GEJ even UK, Europe and USA feels threatened by the pace of growth and development.

Our growth means catching up and catching up means going down in economic power of UK, USA AND EUROPE.

Forward ever, backward never. GEJ for Life...

water no get enemy no doubt. But Nigeria get enemies.. and U are one of the major enemies of Nigeria.

Your brain matter don transform to coconut water since you are celebrating a report dat has no bearing on reality. Awon omo jagbajantis.
Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by igeolink: 1:37pm On Feb 13, 2015
If u like call GEJ clueless..i will still vote for him
If u like call him Otuoke fisherman...I will still vote him
If u like call him the most corrupt leader...I will still vote for him
If u like call him senseless... My vote is still for him....
Wither GEJ will win or not...I will still vote for him
If u like tell me he hasn't completed his Ph.D...I will still vote for him..
If u like call him a disparate leader...I will vote for him
If u like tell is his wife that is ruling the country...I will still vote for him
If u like tell me he lied about his shoes...I will vote for him
If u like tell me that the Chibok girls aren't back yet I will vote for him
If u like tell me he is sinking and he is visiting all the religious centers...I will still vote for him
If Everyone in Nigeria should vote against GEJ...I will still be the only one to vote for him
I have made up my mind

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by 100Cents: 1:41pm On Feb 13, 2015
1stCitizen:
At N312 to £1 and still rising?

When Nigeria is not exporting anything aside oil ?

Can oil pay for all that we import from foods to car and electronics ? No
Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by docsholz(m): 1:42pm On Feb 13, 2015
They'll soon shift it from 2050 to 2080, gullible Nigerians deceiving themselves since 1914
Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by tsdarkside(m): 1:43pm On Feb 13, 2015
the latest development have shown us very cleary,that africa dont need america,uk,france,and whatever they call their selfs(for me they are all europeans),i like the chinese (but you can not trust them too much),WE CAN ONLY TRUST OURSELVES.
Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by tsdarkside(m): 1:50pm On Feb 13, 2015
igeolink:

If u like call GEJ clueless..i will still vote for him
If u like call him Otuoke fisherman...I will still vote him
If u like call him the most corrupt leader...I will still vote for him
If u like call him senseless... My vote is still for him....
Wither GEJ will win or not...I will still vote for him
If u like tell me he hasn't completed his Ph.D...I will still vote for him..
If u like call him a disparate leader...I will vote for him
If u like tell is his wife that is ruling the country...I will still vote for him
If u like tell me he lied about his shoes...I will vote for him
If u like tell me that the Chibok girls aren't back yet I will vote for him
If u like tell me he is sinking and he is visiting all the religious centers...I will still vote for him
If Everyone in Nigeria should vote against GEJ...I will still be the only one to vote for him
I have made up my mind

is good,is good,,calm down
not that you get hearth-attack from hyperventilating..

we hear you ,calm down

greetings
Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 13, 2015
THIS GOVERNMENT SHOULD COME BACK IN 2050 TO RECOTEST.YEYE PEOPLE .
Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 13, 2015
Alice in Wonderland.
Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by highbeeola(m): 1:53pm On Feb 13, 2015
clevvermind:
anybody calling Jonathan clueless is a witch or wizard. he or she is an enemy of progress. God punish devil. Jonathan till 2019 jor. haters should do the needful, they should look for the nearest transformer to hug.

if hin hug transformer nothing go happen cos na gej wey d light
Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by olatacool(m): 1:56pm On Feb 13, 2015
ishiamu:
According to a recently released PWC report available on most top British & European Newspapers and Tabloids, The UK economy will be overtaken by Nigeria and Mexico by 2050 as the country currently sitting among the Top Ten economies in the World may be displaced by these emerging economies given the current GDP growth rate of the country.hotviberz.ga
NAIJAINFO.GA politics

The UK’s economy’s will lag behind emerging markets, as its GDP growth rate falls from 2.3 per cent in 2014 to around 1.8 per cent in 2050, the report attributesan aging population and slothfulness among the countries workers as reason for the decline in the UK’s productivity.Nigeria currently the 39th strongest Economy in the World under President Jonathan’s government in terms of GDP, Vietnam and the Philippines have high projected average growth rates of around 4.5-5.5 per cent per year until 2050. Malaysia is also projected to grow at around 4 per cent, which is higher than China’s projected average growth rate of around 3.5 per cent.By 2050, according to a World Bank, Goldman Sachs study it is believed that if this current growth rate is maintained, Mexico will have become the Eight biggesteconomy in the world, and Nigeria the 13th by 2050. Turkey, Vietnam, Colombia, Poland and Malaysia are also slated to be the fast-growing large economies in the years taking us up to the middle of the century.John Hawksworth, PwC’s chief economist, said: “Europe needs to up its game if it’s not to be left behind by this historic shift of global economic power, which is moving us back to the kind of Asian-led world economy last seen before the Industrial Revolution. The US may hold up better, provided it can remain at the global technological frontier, and the UK could also perform well by G7 standards if it remains open to trade, investment, people and ideas.”However, while it is easy to cite mammoth growth for emerging markets, PwC did state that for these economies to realise their full potential, their respective governments would need to pursue and maintain sensible economic policies.
naijainfo.ga

http://www.naijainfo.ga
we-dont-want-this-to-change-nigeria-mexico-to-overtake-uk-economy-given-current-growth-rate-exclusive/
Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by VoteWisely: 2:00pm On Feb 13, 2015
#VoteWisely

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by ifeconwamama247: 2:02pm On Feb 13, 2015
Our economy is growing, yet our Naira is diminishing... Who is deceiving Who?
Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 13, 2015
2050 na here?
Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by netmillionaires(m): 2:35pm On Feb 13, 2015
slap1:
Hmm. May God shame all those who take this as bad news.
guy dnt say that. Economist have been fooling the laymans since the time of Abraham. GDP doesn't translate to wealth creation. Some people will even come to say that Per Capital Income/ Income per head is a better measure of wealth. It makes me laugh. Imagine in an economy where there are 100 citizens and only Mr Dangote earns #5b while all the other 99 people av no job and no income then Per Capital Income will be #5b/100 = #50m. Do we now say that each citizen is making #50m? Govt economist ll come to gv a wonderful statistic and make it sound as if each nigerian is making #50m per year. Statistics my foot.
Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by tomiobj(m): 2:37pm On Feb 13, 2015
SMALLPENIS:
My President is black, my lambo is red grin

GEJ till 2019

now, the question is, how old will I be in 2050 undecided
. Wait let me ask d gods
Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by ikkkkk: 2:57pm On Feb 13, 2015
ishiamu:
Apc have eyes but can not see..... God bless my president God bless nigeria.

Gej till 2019

My president is black my lambo is blue. grin cheesy

GEJ FOREVER. CARRY GO GEJ

GEJ TILL 2019.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by ikkkkk: 2:59pm On Feb 13, 2015
highbeeola:

if hin hug transformer nothing go happen cos na gej wey d light

ARE U SURE? JUST TRY AM MAKE E BE LIKE SAY NOTHING HAPPEN.
Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by watchindelta(m): 3:07pm On Feb 13, 2015
imagined without light n good government. that .means with only stable light something good will come out than dis. I beg Nigeria leaders pls with the name of God stop damaging this country with corruption, make it a better place for home n way fellows.
Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by Isaacmacdon(m): 3:53pm On Feb 13, 2015
Asia beginning to take over world economy.... hmmmm no wonder d u.s is up n doing... dats mysterious... n besides Asia are in possession of nuclear resources.... hmmmm... I smell a dead fish... till dat time sha..
Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by UpLoyo: 4:23pm On Feb 13, 2015
waternogetemeny:
Our economy is doing well with GEJ even UK, Europe and USA feels threatened by the pace of growth and development.

Our growth means catching up and catching up means going down in economic power of UK, USA AND EUROPE.

Forward ever, backward never. GEJ for Life...

And the award to the dumbest statement of the year should go to you. UK, US, etc threatened by a country that can't even give uninterrupted power supply for 4hrs; some of you GEJ guys are just too stupid to be allowed on the internet. Go start your generator so you can charge your phone...
Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by sexyse027(m): 4:34pm On Feb 13, 2015
Nigeria To Overtake UK Economy in what way? please eyes open, don't let this nigas give you moto and call it car what they Bleep are they saying it's going to right? first do we ask ourselves how much is 1$ now or even 1 british ponds compare to 20 years ago please ask any of your relatives or friend that is outside nigeria how is our currency compare to Ghana currency bush shit please am not here for politics because this guys are playing games with us we need to be wise please let say no to corruption
Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by nextstep(m): 4:42pm On Feb 13, 2015
sexyse027:
first do we ask ourselves how much is 1$ now or even 1 british ponds compare to 20 years ago please ask any of your relatives or friend that is outside nigeria how is our currency compare to Ghana currency

Exchange rate is one thing, economic growth is another. Are you saying the common man was better off 20 years ago than now because the currency was stronger?
Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by nextstep(m): 4:48pm On Feb 13, 2015
netmillionaires:

Some people will even come to say that Per Capital Income/ Income per head is a better measure of wealth. It makes me laugh. Imagine in an economy where there are 100 citizens and only Mr Dangote earns #5b while all the other 99 people av no job and no income then Per Capital Income will be #5b/100 = #50m. Do we now say that each citizen is making #50m? Govt economist ll come to gv a wonderful statistic and make it sound as if each nigerian is making #50m per year. Statistics my foot.

I understand your point, but those with the billions still have to hire drivers, guards, house helps and mechanics. They still need to buy food and drink juice. They also need to sell their products to somebody which is what made them billionaires. Those billions come from Nigerians.
Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by ellechrystal(f): 5:31pm On Feb 13, 2015
hambehsam:

Well said. Let us appreciate the little things so we can see the big picture.
Exactly, most ppl lack d spirit of appreciation, n that's bad,
Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by Chigorkizz(m): 6:06pm On Feb 13, 2015
Each time they talk about G D P growth...most Nigerians even the most acclaimed literate ones on nairaland keeps having illiterate and ignorant view in contrast to what it means.
Do you think GDP growth increase your bank account!

Its all about the size of the economy.Take a look at Nigerian economy and you will understand what am talking about.
The investors are making more profits.Many sectors are springing up.
Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by Defcon1(m): 6:11pm On Feb 13, 2015
teemanbastos:
Economy good yet i dy struggle, xo whatz d benefit of good economy? undecided
gej is workingundecided
America has one of the best economies,if not the best
Yet many Americans are homeless,and many are surviving on benefits
Did l mention the massive unemployment

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by nextstep(m): 9:25pm On Feb 13, 2015
Defcon1:

America has one of the best economies,if not the best
Yet many Americans are homeless,and many are surviving on benefits
Did l mention the massive unemployment

So true! I'm really amazed at how such a rich country can still have so many poor and destitute people. Even the middle-class is one month away from bankruptcy.
Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by fromnigeria(m): 9:56pm On Feb 13, 2015
ishiamu:
Apc have eyes but can not see..... God bless my president God bless nigeria.

Gej till 2019

My president is black my lambo is blue. grin cheesy

by 2050
Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by cypriannwadukwe: 10:22pm On Feb 13, 2015
barcanista:
I am happy that they recognized our potentials, but I still don't get the true message. We keep hearing that we are growing without experiencing real development. Nigeria for sure have potentials, but again where is the real growth? Why is NOI being so crafty with statistics?
Real growth is not by building bridges, roads and hospitals, it is not even by creating jobs; it is by encouraging entrepreneurship among the people, it is by building human resources. A place is only as developed as the quality of its human resource. That is why developed nations can brag that if they exchange country locations with African countries without moving out any thing or bringing in any thing, the previously underdeveloped countries newly occupied by the foreigners will become much more developed than the developed nations occupied by Africans. It is about the quality of the people, the people will create the infrastructure why there isn't any. GEJ has tremendously invested in the development of human capacity of the youths through YouWin, Sure-P, etc. This is why Nigeria in the nearest future may displace UK it this trend continues.
#GEJ4Naija

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria “most Fractured” Now Than Any Time Since Civil War — Obasanjo / Judges’ Trial Shifted As Aggrieved Litigants Flood DSS With Petitions / A Cabal In Control Of The Old Man – Dele Momodu Laments Buhari Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.