Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,484 members, 7,861,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:37 AM

Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart (32188 Views)

Sunusi-gate: How Dangote 100 Million Bribe Tears Kano Assembly Apart / Inconclusive Election : Alex Otti Bribe Tears INEC Apart ---CNN, INEC / Over 500 Northern Pastors Endorse Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by DaBullIT(m): 7:50pm On Feb 13, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
And christians will allow dis maggots to enter d church to go talk politics, can osibanjo go to d mosque to campaign? I pity dose christians dat kip shouting change, go ask who a typical fulani is. Dey are so deceitful and wicked, wif an unforgiven spirit. See d way dey re dividing christians, and all muslims re talking abt buhari. Ve ya ever wondered y d man kips using pastors? Cos he feels he will use dat to divide christians vote and collect d vote from d west cos he's a yoruba man dey will vote for him, buh God cannot be mocked. He will surely fail. Wise up dose shouting change!

Really? Is that the best you can do? Admittedly I have not heard Muslims allowing politicians to talk at their gatherings but does your comment promote peace or its ethnically and racially violence inciting?
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by coldFLARES1(m): 7:58pm On Feb 13, 2015
[quote author=Change2015 post=30687023]“Some of us were promised N100,000 each if we come here (Abuja). Later, they said the money had been reduced to figure of N50,000.”
However, what aggravated the anger of the clerics was the way they said they were shabbily treated. “What is so annoying now is that they eventually gave those of us who came from Jos N5,000, and then doled out N3,000 to those within Abuja axis. It is regrettable to have come here at all,” he said.

If this is a cleric speaking, the Nigerian church needs to find God. I'm just flabbergasted. My brother, you only can imagine the level some clergy have sunk.
One would think 3-5k was intended to defray the cost of their transportation for the meeting but to say it was for the purpose of endorsement makes it less creative. What PDP does is to pay exco members hansomely to get endorsement and not this scandalous misadventure by APC.
My advise stands: so much remains to be done, APC should equally start mopping up PVCs and save the money to match the PDP on the election day. Otherwise, PDP would run away with a pyrrhic victory
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by Orikinla(m): 8:01pm On Feb 13, 2015
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by Rexyl(m): 8:12pm On Feb 13, 2015
Corruption in high places... now to places of worship! Too bad!

Pastors were gathered in a place and made to declare support for politicians against their conscience! Too bad!
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by Reference(m): 8:24pm On Feb 13, 2015
barcanista:
Now my position is this, I don't support religious politics. I'm a strong critics of desecrating the christian calling and reducing it to political tool. This is one of my anger against the fraud called CAN. #TeamAPC shouldn't do what PDP is doing otherwise someone like me may get totally pissed! While it is okay to worship with any religious house and meet with any religious organisation but it becomes worrisome when financial gratification is added to the booty irrespective of the amount. Buses can be provided, accommodation can be arranged but cash shouldn't be part of it when meeting with religious bodie/groups in order not to create a negative impression.

You are very naive. You think the streams of corruption arise from one spring. When I say the corruption we see is territorial and arises from structural imbalances in this country people think I know not what I say.

Let me lecture you on what the real Nigeria is about. Because we donot have power equilibrium in Nigeria EVERY aspirant to office WILL HAVE TO SETTLE the other side in order to enjoy safe passage and longevity. Failure to do this is courting trouble and a threatened breakdown of the system.

Whether by omission or commission the present government is paying through its nose to 'contain' the north. Yaradua did same in 'amnesty' to hold the south. If Buhari wins he will have to 'pacify' the south through massive bribery. He is already doing so with the Christian community and will do so till his tenure expires.

My friend. Corruption in Nigeria CANNOT end under the present structure. The society demands 'settlement', everyone feels he is marginalised. Nigerians practice and enjoy the 'entitlement' culture. Buhari tried unsuccesfully in 83'. He will try again. There may be superficial results at best but he cannot do it. He is a Nigerian. He has already made too many concessions. That is the fact.
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 13, 2015
Reference:

You are very naive. You think the streams of corruption arise from one spring. When I say the corruption we see is territorial and arises from structural imbalances in this country people think I know not what I say.

Let me lecture you on what the real Nigeria is about. Because we donot have power equilibrium in Nigeria EVERY aspirant to office WILL HAVE TO SETTLE the other side in order to enjoy safe passage and longevity. Failure to do this is courting trouble and a threatened breakdown of the system.

Whether by omission or commission the present government is paying through its nose to 'contain' the north. Yaradua did same in 'amnesty' to hold the south. If Buhari wins he will have to 'pacify' the south through massive bribery. He is already doing so with the Christian community and will do so till his tenure expires.

My friend. Corruption in Nigeria CANNOT end under the present structure. The society demands 'settlement', everyone feels he is marginalised. Nigerians practice and enjoy the 'entitlement' culture. Buhari tried unsuccesfully in 83'. He will try again. There may be superficial results at best but he cannot do it. He is a Nigerian. He has already made too many concessions. That is the fact.
And he is shouting change?
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by fxjohn2: 8:58pm On Feb 13, 2015
Me I do not have any wish to still see pdp in power by may 29.
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by rumomonga(m): 9:08pm On Feb 13, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
And christians will allow dis maggots to enter d church to go talk politics, can osibanjo go to d mosque to campaign? I pity dose christians dat kip shouting change, go ask who a typical fulani is. Dey are so deceitful and wicked, wif an unforgiven spirit. See d way dey re dividing christians, and all muslims re talking abt buhari. Ve ya ever wondered y d man kips using pastors? Cos he feels he will use dat to divide christians vote and collect d vote from d west cos he's a yoruba man dey will vote for him, buh God cannot be mocked. He will surely fail. Wise up dose shouting change!

Do we now say Jonathan is using Sambo to divide the north/rob them?? Haba!! U can do beta
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by Gynacologist(m): 9:08pm On Feb 13, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
pasin wa get numba 6 don tlk no b ol ds mufu shouting change...

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by free13: 9:08pm On Feb 13, 2015
sosanova:
Kai Bubari
Sai Jonah
APC sharing money to pastors since 1890 BC
Amaechi come n defend ur Presidential Candidate over this bribe allegation n Millions of Nigerians are still waiting for the gully head Amaechi to name the Pastors he alleged received bribes from PDP, if Amaechi doesn't mention the names of the pastor, he should consider himself a BASTARD.....
Shikena...grin grin grin grin

Buhari the criminal. Shameless old man.
grin grin grin
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by Kingspin(m): 9:24pm On Feb 13, 2015
They continue destroying the churches and christians in the North.
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by darkjorse: 9:28pm On Feb 13, 2015
He has started his operation wipe out the Christians
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by billyG(m): 9:51pm On Feb 13, 2015
I know GMB he doesnt hav a kobo or sisi 2 giv 2 anybody.vote 4 him or leave it.
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by faceve: 10:06pm On Feb 13, 2015
seunmsg:
Nonsense report. Nigerians, irrespective of religious and ethnic divide will vote en mass for GMB in the next presidential election. PDP can continue to sponsor all this useless propaganda but the truth is, Nigerians are not buying their poo. Change is inevitable in 2015.
the likes of u are in the bush,animal!!!
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by henryutd(m): 10:11pm On Feb 13, 2015
Adminisher:
Buhari will never bribe pastors besides very few northern pastors are materialistic to this extent. This report is from the pits of HELL and God himself will defend his own

Looking for my dislike button.
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by gp6liveth(m): 10:42pm On Feb 13, 2015
seunmsg:
Nonsense report. Nigerians, irrespective of religious and ethnic divide will vote en mass for GMB in the next presidential election. PDP can continue to sponsor all this useless propaganda but the truth is, Nigerians are not buying their poo. Change is inevitable in 2015.

Christians be wise. A core Muslim can never ever vote for a christian. Let's also vote on religious line because they north believe in their own. They call us infidels just like shekau do also. A vote for buhari is a vote against God.
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by Khadsambo: 11:03pm On Feb 13, 2015
“There was no meeting or agreement that suggests that this organisation or all leaders of Christians in the North should come and endorse Gen. Buhari or any other presidential candidates,” he said.
According to him, “whoever came up with this idea, I believe, is speaking his own mind and not that of Northern Christian leaders. What you just witnessed is a fraud. This Forum has no right to take such a decision the way it has taken. Our members comprise of people belonging to different political parties and it is our belief that our members are free to vote for any candidate of their choice,” he said. Who do we Believe, I thought GMB was sincere as they claim. let vote for Transformation. #GEJ4Naija
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by Nely77(m): 12:09am On Feb 14, 2015
I am totally disappointed by these so called "pastors" in the North. I wonder how they are leading the Christians there. I hope their members would reason properly and be wise. They went to the meeting to collect bribe from APC/Buhari to endorse Buhari. Now they were were dribbled by APC/Buhari. The few who shared the 500 Million Naira claimed it was agreed by all while the majority that felt cheated cried foul. They are sharing money to pastors to induce them. Who knows how many Nigerians the APC/Buhari has deceived into supporting them through this means. APC/Buhari wants to rid Nigeria of corruption. Is it this way? Now, if I may ask, is bribery not part of corruption? If APC/Buhari gives bribe, it is called "welfare package". Is this the change we should expect? I am still watching this APC/Buhari and their change in 3-D.
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by xlnc2324: 6:51am On Feb 14, 2015

As usual, this is another PDP led propaganda. You can never tarnish the integrity of GMB, this will never work.
#weHaveDecided.

Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by ighodalonosa(m): 7:17am On Feb 14, 2015
[b][/b] WHEN IT IS PDP, THEN IT IS PROPAGANDA BUT WHEN IT IS APC, THEN IT IS THE TRUTH. i pity nigerian youth.
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by vislabraye(m): 9:52am On Feb 14, 2015
jpphilips:
If any one should tell you that Buhari will Islamize Nigeria, ask him or her what it takes to islamise a country?
It is only in Nigeria a cesspit of m0r0ns that someone will say "don't vote for opposition" because he has Islamization agenda, In sane countries people will never take such an person serious.

The two State solution for Palestine and Israel where Palestine will be a predominantly Islamic state was proposed since 1974 and ratified under Camp David accord in 1978, if Palestine could not get an Islamic state in 41yrs, how on earth is Buhari supposed to do it in 4yrs?

Stop thinking like Nigerians, think like humans.

I will vote anything that is not Jonathan
n, make your decision today!!!

When a man says that he wants to enforce Sharia law in Nigeria, what does he mean?

A man who told the Alaffin of Oyo that, "why are your people killing my people?" You call that man an open minded person.

Can Osibanjo go to a mosque and start campaigning? Our Christian leaders are a shame.
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by skyra: 9:58am On Feb 14, 2015
jpphilips:
If any one should tell you that Buhari will Islamize Nigeria, ask him or her what it takes to islamise a country?
It is only in Nigeria a cesspit of m0r0ns that someone will say "don't vote for opposition" because he has Islamization agenda, In sane countries people will never take such an person serious.

The two State solution for Palestine and Israel where Palestine will be a predominantly Islamic state was proposed since 1974 and ratified under Camp David accord in 1978, if Palestine could not get an Islamic state in 41yrs, how on earth is Buhari supposed to do it in 4yrs?

Stop thinking like Nigerians, think like humans.

I will vote anything that is not Jonathan, make your decision today!!!
-u have made up your mind so have I, stop trying to browbeat people to see things from your point of view. If Jonathan weren't contesting, I would vote apga, I don't just like buhari, and that has nothing to do with his religion, the sight of Tinubu, ameachi, atiku et al is enough for anyone to know that the so called change is a mirage, I don't want to exchange one form of looting for another more virulent and desperate form that would make OBJ and GEJ combined look like saints
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by Skillz02(m): 1:13pm On Feb 14, 2015
[s]
ProfessorPeter:
Shame on Buhari.
Shame on Osibanjo.
Shame on Amechi, Tinubu etc.
Shame on APC.
Shame on fake pastors from the north who brought this shame on d church.
Shame on anybody, anywhere, with or without certificate shouting 'change'
shame on them forever.
[/s]
I need GMB not his certificate
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by zeburudaya: 2:49pm On Feb 14, 2015
United4lyf:
guy u get brain at all?
Ajuju
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by jpphilips(m): 8:34am On Feb 15, 2015
skyra:
-u have made up your mind so have I, stop trying to browbeat people to see things from your point of view. If Jonathan weren't contesting, I would vote apga, I don't just like buhari, and that has nothing to do with his religion, the sight of Tinubu, ameachi, atiku et al is enough for anyone to know that the so called change is a mirage, I don't want to exchange one form of looting for another more virulent and desperate form that would make OBJ and GEJ combined look like saints

The post in your quote is on Islamic agenda, didn't you notice?
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by jpphilips(m): 8:48am On Feb 15, 2015
vislabraye:

When a man says that he wants to enforce Sharia law in Nigeria, what does he mean?

A man who told the Alaffin of Oyo that, "why are your people killing my people?" You call that man an open minded person.

Can Osibanjo go to a mosque and start campaigning? Our Christian leaders are a shame.

Were you born in 1984? Do you have the ability to question what you hear especially rumours of political division?

Did you attend any history class in your school days?

if the answer to these questions is "NO" then what is the basis of your being part of this discourse? because internet is free?

Go home and ask your father this question.

How many states in 1984 during Buhari's reign was practicing the Sharia code?

Who introduced Sharia in Nigeria?

The answers will bedazzle you, in case your father did not attend a history class too, tell him I said that it was the PDP govt that first enthroned Sharia in Nigeria.

Who is Alaffin of Oyo and what apparatchik does he have to earn that question you alleged up there?

I need a proof of that, remember I don't think like Nigerians, I think like a sane human being.
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by jpphilips(m): 9:07am On Feb 15, 2015
Akpan107:
Buhari can only rule Nigeria in a dream!

I alone cannot determine the outcome of an election however, when I look at the number of Nigerians living from hand to mouth, I am overtly convinced that Jonathan shouldn't be allowed to continue.

If you are not directly benefitting from this government and you wish it to continue, it is only a matter of time before reality will dawn on you.

Remember people like us rejected Jonathan since 2011, where are his fans then? maybe my 2011 is your 2019 by thinking efficiency, who knows?
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by jpphilips(m): 9:32am On Feb 15, 2015
burningspear:

"...Stop thinking like Nigerians, think like humans..." Meaning over 170 million Nigerians aren't humans? That you are the only human among industrious, intellectual and gifted Nigerian people? NONSENSE!

Jingoism is a means to no sane end, I doubt if you know what that means.

What is intellectual about most Nigerians? The only sane Nigerians I know are the very microscopic minority which in the larger scale are inconsequential.

A 6yr old Ghanian can comfortably recite Kwame Nkrumah and other PAN Africans ie if you know what that means.

An American of High school age can comfortably recite their declaration of independence, can you say same for 25yr old Nigerians?

A 25yr old Nigerian is still attending Sunday shrines where he is told that a 10% bribe off his income will open the windows of heaven for him.

Tell me again that a mad person knows he is mad.

A country whose citizens went on salt water therapy to combat a Viral plaque that it took the intervention of the NOA to stop them from dying?

A country who lack the ability to elect credible leadership in 50yrs? lolzzzzzzz.

A country whose 30yr History is an enigma to most of her citizens?

A country whose president is the most clueless in the world?

A country whose president advertise for MTV BASE?

I don't blame most of you who haven't tasted sanity for a while.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Seeks Abolition Of Visa Requirement Among D-8 Member Countries / South-East Pain Spreads To Lagos As Sit-At-Home Affect Transporters / Military Jets, Soldiers Take Over Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Kwara, Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.