Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,901 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Nigerian Soldier: "We are Using Old Tanks since 1976 to fight Boko Haram" - BBC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Soldier: "We are Using Old Tanks since 1976 to fight Boko Haram" - BBC (931 Views)

Obasanjo Swearing In Buhari As Petroleum Minister In 1976 (Throwback Photo) / Corpse Of Murtala Muhammed In 1976 (pix) / Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Soldier: "We are Using Old Tanks since 1976 to fight Boko Haram" - BBC by kolonigga(m): 10:03am On Feb 13, 2015
You can listen to the conversation here https://soundcloud.com/bbc-world-service/the-fight-against-boko-haram-a-nigerian-soldier-speaks-out?ocid=socialflow_twitter
These are some of the conversations i wrote down.
BBC journalist asked "when Boko Haram dislodged you, where did you go?"
he said they went back, reinforced and went back again. They requested for reinforcement and they sent 20 men but they refused to come due to lack of weapons they don't have. The 20 men were dismissed from the army. He said they have requested for weapons but in many cases have been refused. He said many women in his barracks are windows, they are suffering. He said Boko Haram fighters are using AA(Anti-Aircraft), RPGs and many support weapons. He said the gun they are using is Kalashnikov(AK-47) while old tanks since 1976. The weapons are very, very old he told the BBC journalist.
BBC journalist asked if the Boko Haram are plenty? He said yes they are, the army of 116 soldiers will attack Boko Haram of about 3,000 at that day, that there is a problem. He said that the enemy strength of last year was about 10,000 while his own strength is 400 - 500 and any attack they come they must defeat us due to lack of support weapons he said.
BBC journalist asked him if he could defeat Boko Haram at any time?
he said "Yes, he is a soldier he can do better but logistic fail, weapons fail, morale fail".
BBC journalist asked him of his senior officers, if they are angry of the situation?
he said: "I can't say so, they are not thinking of the soldiers but themselves, i like Nigeria, it is my country i never have any other country to go".
BBC journalist asked him if he will go and fight if necessary?
he said: "Yes, if they bring the necessary things he will, this is my country i can never run to any foolish idiot, let them do the right thing at the right time, we soldiers believe we can do more than what they can do to us";
BBC journalist asked him about the security chief saying they can get rid of Boko Haram within 8 weeks if he agrees?
he said: "kai! I never been agree, i can look but i never blame i never dream that in my mind. Things are wrong that is what i am telling you, that's the truth"
https://twitter.com/BBCAfrica/status/566141845034774528

Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We are Using Old Tanks since 1976 to fight Boko Haram" - BBC by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 13, 2015
wow
Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We are Using Old Tanks since 1976 to fight Boko Haram" - BBC by Randerl: 10:16am On Feb 13, 2015
More questions than answers.
Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We are Using Old Tanks since 1976 to fight Boko Haram" - BBC by kolonigga(m): 10:16am On Feb 13, 2015
this is really eye opening
Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We are Using Old Tanks since 1976 to fight Boko Haram" - BBC by AustineE1: 11:44am On Feb 13, 2015
If the tanks they are using were actually tanks bought in 1976,it then means that all the past military and civilian presidents we ve had,are all indicted,including Buhari,Babangida and Obasanjo.It then means that GEJ is the only president in almost forty years that has made effort in equiping the military,we saw the other day,loads of modern tankers rolling into the country from Russia.
But all this moles called Nigerian soldiers by imperialist media houses like bbc,cnn,Aljezzera etc are nothing but stinking bloody civilians,how can a soldier worth his vigor grant interviews to journalist without the authority of his commanding officer.
If defeating rebels and terrorists is that easy,then USA wld have defeated ISIL and Ukraine rebels,since they are directly or indirectly involved in those wars.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier: "We are Using Old Tanks since 1976 to fight Boko Haram" - BBC by titsqueez(m): 3:30pm On Feb 13, 2015
you mean to tell me that most of Naija army tanks old pass me. Serious

(1) (Reply)

2015 ELECTIONS: The Real Reason Why 2015 The Election Was Postponed! / Finally! President Jonathan Reveals Why Obasanjo Hates Him (MUST READ) / Cristiano Ronaldo Campaigns For President Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.