Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,128 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:08 AM

Nyako's Son Arrested By EFCC - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nyako's Son Arrested By EFCC (566 Views)

Akinade Tofunmi Wanted By EFCC For ATM Scam. Her Shocking Method Of Scam / "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested / Ex-Bankers Arrested By EFCC In Imo For N21m Fraud (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nyako's Son Arrested By EFCC by barx(m): 8:11pm On Feb 13, 2015
Two weeks after the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, declared former Adamawa State Governor, Murtala Nyako and his son, Abdul-Aziz, wanted, operatives of the anti- graft agency, Friday morning arrested the younger Nyako in Gombe, Gombe State.
A statement by the spokesperson of the EFCC, Wilson Uwujaren, said he was immediately flown to Abuja, where he is currently being grilled by a crack team of detectives who had been working on the Adamawa investigation for several months.
Abdul-Aziz, who was declared wanted by the EFCC in the case of stealing, abuse of office and money laundering, is currently being interrogated over alleged illicit funds traced to companies in which he has interest.
Specifically, he is being asked to explain how over N15billion funds belonging to Adamawa State was allegedly laundered into the accounts of five companies said to owned by him- Blue Opal Nigeria Limited, Crust Energy Nigeria Limited, Blue Ribbon Multilinks Limited, Tower Assets Management Limited and Blue Ribbon Bureau De Change.
The funds was allegedly funnelled into the accounts of the companies from Adamawa state accounts domiciled in a new generation bank by the account officer who incidentally is the manager and an in-law to Ex-governor Nyako.
The EFCC said the manager claimed he transferred the funds through verbal instruction from the former governor for purposes that were not stated.
The commission said its investigations revealed that from 2007 to 2011, then Governor Nyako directed that all state-owned accounts domiciled in various banks be transferred to the new generation bank .
Abdul-Aziz’s company, Blue Opal, is said to own, among other investments in Nigeria, an estate in Abuja, while his father’s account officer owns several properties and investments scattered around Abuja, Yola and Kano.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/176798-efcc-arrests-murtala-nyakos-son-abdul-aziz.html
Re: Nyako's Son Arrested By EFCC by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:12pm On Feb 13, 2015
Kai! Nyako junior, 15bn only u??. And he's 1 of our progrethieves, abeg iya Mayowa give me change jare..
Re: Nyako's Son Arrested By EFCC by Fatban(m): 8:14pm On Feb 13, 2015
Just lets us know when he is being released tomorrow #mumuefcc
Re: Nyako's Son Arrested By EFCC by Elslim: 8:15pm On Feb 13, 2015
is the guy corrupt or a thief??
Re: Nyako's Son Arrested By EFCC by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 13, 2015
I think is high time for him to tell us, what he has been using the money his dad and him loot for.

Thiefs!
Re: Nyako's Son Arrested By EFCC by Kennywills7(m): 8:27pm On Feb 13, 2015
They should b sent to kirikiri o
Re: Nyako's Son Arrested By EFCC by kestolove95(m): 8:32pm On Feb 13, 2015
What abt amadu ali's son? I mean dox dat wia involv in d subsidy fraud...

(1) (Reply)

4 Robbers Arrested In Asaba Dis Nite / Young NYSC Corper Found Dead In Ilorin / How My Friend Sold Me To Ritualists For N150,000 - Naijafire.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.