Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters (23435 Views)

Buhari’s Govt Is Shameless For Talking About 2019 — Junaid Mohammed / Dubai House: FFK Tweets To SaharaReporters / Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Oftrainees For Talking To Saharareporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by einsteino(m): 9:35pm On Feb 13, 2015
i don't know if this story is true. particularly since it is by sahara Reporters, i have fwends on this program in the U.K and they have not complained so far. Perhaps is just the barbados end, but since it is by sahara reporters i would wait till a more credible media outlet reaffirms the story.
Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by Regiblinkz(m): 9:36pm On Feb 13, 2015
He's a naughty governor..
Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 13, 2015
While the report seems to evoke the usual reactions whenever we hear stories such as this,
it fails to say why the students have called the program a scam. Is it due to the curriculum?
Are they not given their monthly stipends? What are their real complaints and how has the Delta State Government failed?

I think we need more facts to make a balanced consideration and response on the matter.

1 Like

Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by solenzo: 9:38pm On Feb 13, 2015
I can't say for certain if these claims are true, but should they be founded allegations I will like to say people should learn to take initiatives. Can a state governor unilaterally institute a state program without the blessing of the state house of assembly?, what are the terms and condition of the grant?, these are issues the beneficiaries should make bold to explore rather than just buckling under the oppressive threat of an unpopular governor.
Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by LKO(m): 9:40pm On Feb 13, 2015
Could this be the reason why Prof Hope Eghagha was redeployed from the ministry of higher education to that of special duties(protocols) government house Asaba?

Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by AKPOSbaba: 9:42pm On Feb 13, 2015
Coconut Head Uduaghan.
Yeye dey smell.

1 Like

Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by bebe2(f): 9:44pm On Feb 13, 2015
bloodyki1ler:
Say no terrorist news channel

Say no to sahara desert reporters

Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam
Gej till Buhari dies of high bp

see person mind,

all becos of bag of rice??

may GOD deliver u frm porvety undecided

1 Like

Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by bloodyki1ler: 9:47pm On Feb 13, 2015
bebe2:

see person mind,

all becos of bag of rice??

may GOD deliver u frm porvety undecided

And you commented all because of 3 drops of sperm from a big dickkk

God will deliver you from HIV and STD

Ewu gambia
Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by xmich(m): 10:02pm On Feb 13, 2015
dennismukoro:
uduaghan worst governor in nigeria

Uduaghan is saint to T.orji
Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by free2ryhme: 10:08pm On Feb 13, 2015
angry

But everyone knows that Uduaghan is a common criminal, i mean, everybody know this for a fact. His wife does all the contract with regards to cooking and renting properties, is like a family business.

Only in Nigeria are criminals kings and queens. In civilized societies, criminals mostly reside in prisons. In Nigeria, they reside in governor mansions and presidential villas. I say again, what a country, and what a people and what a society!
Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by soludo93(m): 10:12pm On Feb 13, 2015
Government gave them a juicy opportunities and they threw it to the mud by granting interview to anti government media( Arab/Jihad reporters). They are not wiser than morons.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by hedonistic: 10:28pm On Feb 13, 2015
Serves them right. Any lousy 1diot that talks to Sahara Reporters deserves every consequence of such indiscretion.

1 Like

Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by wasuka14(m): 10:32pm On Feb 13, 2015
Personally I never believe in all dis politically sponsored foreign trip/Trainin. Those foreign trainin never real benefit anyone other dan d politicians.
Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by incrediblestev: 10:42pm On Feb 13, 2015
Fact is I would have done the same if I were in the governor's shoes. The point of going to the media, especially the likes of Sahara reporters for that matter, that is known for journalistic embellishment and bi-partisan politics only serves to show that the so-called youths are being prodded by probably an opposition agent. There are way more effective and better avenues to channel their disappointment than going to talk to Sahara reporters, unless of course they want to play politics as the Delta state government had noticed.
Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by enkay0525: 10:45pm On Feb 13, 2015
Chrisx1x:
He is just following the footstep of his Cousin Ibori.he wil eventually end up in kirikiri by the time GMB becomes president.
NEXT!!!
Uduaghan is the worst Governor. He is the exact opposite of ibori. Ibori is still the best Governor delta state had gotten. He earned the nickname odigborigbo of Africa. Ibori is "chop I chop".He opened our eyes in politics.He showed deltans DAT dey are rich
. Incase u don't know, ibori still calls the shots in delta state. He even regrets putting his cousin there.

1 Like

Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by enkay0525: 10:47pm On Feb 13, 2015
Regiblinkz:
He's a naughty governor..
ibori is still regretting putting him there.

1 Like

Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by Chidonsky: 10:50pm On Feb 13, 2015
The most clueless governor,very dull and hypertentive in action.They turned delta government into family business,what a lawless society.
Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by Senjuchiha: 11:10pm On Feb 13, 2015
bloodyki1ler:

Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam
JANJALWEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by 100Cents: 11:11pm On Feb 13, 2015
Illiterate governor. Wasting tax payers money..

Conscienceless human being..
Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by Akinz0126(m): 11:12pm On Feb 13, 2015
Sha I said it already that this governors are ITT imagine just because the truth was unveil its became illegal and a crime on its own that cpuld deny them their aspirations an desire.hmmmm what a country
Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by 100Cents: 11:12pm On Feb 13, 2015
Chidonsky:
The most clueless governor,very dull and hypertentive in action.They turned delta government into family business,what a lawless society.

Who engages in a venture and does not complete it ?

Means he never had any good in mind for the participants..
Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by kenolyolajide: 11:14pm On Feb 13, 2015
bloodyki1ler:

Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam

What has this got to do with Buhari or Apc?
Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by JEITO: 11:18pm On Feb 13, 2015
#team Send saharareporters to north korea!
Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by bloodyki1ler: 11:22pm On Feb 13, 2015
kenolyolajide:

What has this got to do with Buhari or Apc?
Because they are terrorists
Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by 30pence: 11:32pm On Feb 13, 2015
wales:
GOVERNOR UDUAGHAN ORDERS DEPORTATION OF TRAINEES FOR TALKING TO SAHARAREPORTERS
The trainees were airlifted from Nigeria in December 2014 by the Delta State Government with the promise that they would attend various trainings in Agriculture, Tourism, Hospitality and Culinary Arts at different location in Trinidad and Tobago, and Barbados, both in the West Indies. But following rife allegations of poor treatment and neglect the trainees had spoken to SaharaReporters in the hope that their government would act in their favour.

About 80 participants in the foreign training component of the Delta State Youth Empowerment Programme (YEP) are now living under constant threats of deportation from their current base in Barbados for disclosing their poor living conditions and other details to SaharaReporters.
The trainees were airlifted from Nigeria in December 2014 by the Delta State Government with the promise that they would attend various trainings in Agriculture, Tourism, Hospitality and Culinary Arts at different location in Trinidad and Tobago, and Barbados, both in the West Indies. But following rife allegations of poor treatment and neglect the trainees had spoken to SaharaReporters in the hope that their government would act in their favour.

They had described the programme as the “highest scam so far in Delta State” and also pointed accusing fingers at the Governor, his Deputy Prof. Amos Utuama, Commissioner for Higher Education, Prof. Hope Eghagha and one Ms. Donna St. Hill, a Barbadian, for conniving to syphon State resources under the guise of training and empowering the youths of Delta State.  

The action of the trainees and the weighty disclosures reportedly angered the Governor of Delta State, Emmanuel Uduaghan who was said to have ordered the immediate commencement of deportation processes and termination of the programme. The Governor’s order was personally served on the trainees by the Deputy Governor who travelled to Barbados to meet the youthful Deltans.

From their base in Barbados, one of the trainees who requested anonymity for fear of reprisal told SaharaReporters, “In the past weeks we have received several notices informing us to prepare for our deportation…we must continue to let Deltans, Nigerians and the whole world to know that the so called government youth program is nothing but the highest scam so far in Delta State. Can you imagine the Deputy Governor, Utuama can take a flight to Barbados just to issue us deportation threats? The program is nothing but a scam.”

Meanwhile, SaharaReporters has obtained a letter to the trainees from the Delta State Government. Titled ‘Delta State Youth Empowerment Programme: Notice of Suspension’ and signed by Ataine Paul on behalf of the Commissioner for Higher Education, the letter reads:

“I have been directed to inform you, our trainees in Barbados, that in view of the challenges which you currently face on welfare, the admissions process, coupled with certain acts of rudeness exhibited by some of you, Government has decided to suspend the Barbados end of the programme.

“Consequent upon this, it is the decision of Government to bring you our TRAINEES BACK FOR NOW. This is to enable us review the process all over again with a view to sending those who qualify, back to Barbados after the exercise. It will equally afford Government time to address all the identified challenges.

“I am further directed to urge you all to be calm and peaceful, for no good thing in life comes easily. All inconveniences are highly regretted. Thanks and God bless you all. Amen.”

Among other grievances, the trainees had complained of being housed in a poor hotel accommodation in “a hurricane prone location as against the earlier procured place at Infinity Hotel we were supposed to stay,” food poisoning, and lack of water to bath. They had written and sent a ‘Save Our Soul’ to the Delta State Government but got no response.

Delta State Commissioner for Higher Education, Prof. Hope Eghagha said his ministry is in charge of the programme but dismissed allegations that it was a scam. He, however, admitted knowing that the trainees were having some accommodation challenges in Barbados.  

http://saharareporters.com/2015/02/12/governor-uduaghan-orders-deportation-trainees-talking-saharareporters

BLAME SAHARA REPORTERS!
Full stop.
Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by bumtos(m): 1:00am On Feb 14, 2015
I support you mr Governor
Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by tnktosin(m): 1:54am On Feb 14, 2015
Chrisx1x:
He is just following the footstep of his Cousin Ibori.he wil eventually end up in kirikiri by the time GMB becomes president.
NEXT!!!
Ibori is an ANGEL as compared to Uduaghan.

1 Like

Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by musiwa97: 3:28am On Feb 14, 2015
Sahara reporters tell lies a lot.

I don't read it anymore because some of the stories are not correct. You don't want to lie about people.

For example tinubu case. I am not sure tinubu did drug as claim by sahara reporters.

What I know is tinubu does government contract fraud.

Sahara reporter and James ibori. Something looks wrong in the story.

Only God knows. Sahara reporters don't report correct story. It is only interested in traffic rating.

Sahara reporter is like nairaland.. Nairaland is full of fraud.

I don't attack people except for tinubu because the children of Lagos are sitting down on the floor in school. That does not make me happy.

I see good thing , I don't make up story. That why nobody can sue me on. What I write about.
Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by Nobody: 4:00am On Feb 14, 2015
see scripture from the holy book of Valentine's
here: www.nairaland.com/2146116/must-see-
febuary-14th-passage
Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by slyzy(m): 5:42am On Feb 14, 2015
bloodyki1ler:

Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam
who knows, you may die before him
Re: Governor Uduaghan Orders Deportation Of Trainees For Talking To Saharareporters by musiwa97: 5:46am On Feb 14, 2015
They are young people, Them no sabi life yet

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#BabaOyoyo Trends On Twitter To Celebrate Buhari's Return / Keep Okada But Return Keke - Lagos Commuters Beg Sanwo-Olu / Ganduje And Ngige Boarding A Flight To Edo State - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.