Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Dissapointed - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Dissapointed (662 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dissapointed by dexed(m): 9:39am On Jan 05, 2009
Started a thread asking sincerely for ppls review but only a few responded nt that every1 is obliged to respond to every thread they read but supposing i said in that thread that "check this out the best ever designed and built nigerian website by an individual." A lot of people would hav respondd, tryin to show off what they kno nd why they think the claim should not be. When would we drop the habit of destructive critiscm rather than the constructive one.
Re: Dissapointed by OmniPotens(m): 11:27am On Jan 05, 2009
Don't get vexed. I'll say you are even lucky some I categorize as "mediocre" are not around to see your web. All they'd have told you will make you never want to post a website for review. But since they are not there, don't get vexed. You can try ensure you post things on that thread to keep it on the top and you'll attract more response to it.

As you rightly pointed out "nt that everyone is obliged to respond to every thread they read", you don't then get perplexed.

See you on the other thread soonest.
Re: Dissapointed by kehers(m): 1:18pm On Jan 05, 2009
Probably you posted during the festive period - when people who can help with reviews were busy doing other things. Its been a while me as a person have been around (the festivity u know wink ) . So probably you should post again.
Re: Dissapointed by yawatide(f): 1:24pm On Jan 05, 2009
I second kehers as I was disappointed for the past 2 wks. Now, there are so many posts, I can barely keep track.

back to your issue: What is the URL? Is it using some kind of software (as in CMS, blog, etc)? If yes, you won't hear a word from me as I only comment on what you do from scratch (scratch as in, you start off by typing the doctype).

Thanks and good luck in 2009!
Re: Dissapointed by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 05, 2009
Ehm, guy u no go vex - seriously ppl have gotten tired of reviewing websites!! Unless maybe the front page of the site is attractive or something.
And as for signing up - ppl will not click on signup unless they feel there is a need to do so.
The best thing is that you allow people to browse the site - at least be able to peek at someone's profile, hide the most important details
and before you know it ppl will start signing up.
But if for instance i see the site showing a name like "Yawatide" and click on it - i am expecting to see something interesting that may just make me sign up - but if the site returns like "Access Denied" then f***k it - i will zoom out of there and may never come back!!
Re: Dissapointed by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 05, 2009
Yo - i went to dig into my past on nairaland - look at a thread i created then
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-98289.0.html - it was similar to your then - i could script very well as at the time of that post - but my designing skills then were on the negative - appaling really - so i got no reviews - guess everybody that opened the site were more than dissapointed!
So they just kept their comments in their pockets.
Re: Dissapointed by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:48pm On Jan 08, 2009
@dexed.

Please do not be disappointed, regardless of the good work you have put in and the conviction to find it necessary to have your site reviewed by your peers (well some are not). It is only natural that reviewers will first look for faults then appraise what works and suggest improvements.

You see when something works (design and function-wise), the faults are not so visible in-fact they are negligible the reverse is the case when it is not.

The site reviewers on nairaland really give best-effort and it can be tiring most times doing so. i also skip reviewing sites that do not catch my eye in the first instance, (why buy Benz S-Class when it looks like a Tico).

What you can do in the future is add a poll so users who do not have the will-power will simply sum their comments in a poll, that should give you an idea of the general direction of thoughts. if you noticed, it had 59 views, so maybe a healthy screenshot of the main page might pique interests of viewers. and maybe a brief description of what the site does (its purpose)

Original link here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-214507.0.html

No vex, it was not intended
Re: Dissapointed by dexed(m): 9:59am On Jan 11, 2009
All u've said is true, and to all those that reviewd the site thanks,

(1) (Reply)

Unix Admin Needed Urgently. / If U're Not On These Sites, U're On A Long Thing! / Dynamic Web Content

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.