Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,012 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Any Good Naija Rappers In London? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Any Good Naija Rappers In London? (4689 Views)

Fresh : Top Five Yoruba Rappers In Nigeria. / The Top 10 Richest Female Rappers In The World / Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by Tgirl4real(f): 10:06am On Feb 02, 2009
@Post

Chamotex and Brash grin

I add Ibime if he is in london too tongue
Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by MrCrackles(m): 10:10am On Feb 02, 2009
Ibime:

My friend sharrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap dia!

Naija boy don miss road!

Since when was Sway grime?

Back in the day when I used to bump heads with Sway at Subterranea, Sway was a solid battle rapper. Go and ask Sway who won Battlescars 2001 rap battle tournament. Yes, it was Sway himself. Sway has more talent in his pinky finger than all the above mentioned put together. How can you mention Grime and not mention Kano and Ghetts, the two most talented Grime artists? They shouldn't even be placed in the same category with all the nonsense you mentioned above. Thats because they received their training in[b] HipHop before switching to Grime, just like Sway[/b].

Like I said, Grime artists are mostly wack. No wonder your texts stink of mono-syllabic garbage!  grin

WTF is Grime? Grime is just Garage reinvented. It has no pull outside the ghetto chav community.

The original poster is asking for Naija rappers in London, not Naija Grime artists in London

I mentioned Kano up there you muppet and obviously, i cant mention everyone of them!

Idiot, Sway is all aligned to d. grime culture because he didnt wanna keep copying d. American shit, dem cats had to re-invent and lay claim to something

And when the poster said Naija rappers in London, i said JME and SKEPTA because they are bloody Nigerian

I came at on the grime thing coz u deviated, u asked for it, not that i am saying Kano and dem rest are Nigerian

Those are the Nigerian rappers i know well in London, and that is because GRIME is a diluted HIP HOP RAP and GARAGE version shit, u dingbat! tongue

Agreed most grime artist are wack, but dude, how many rappers are in London dat hold it down like they supposed too? Tell me!

Street hip hop dont do fuc.k all for the UK massives trust me, hence dem boys sticking to grime, which has a cult status! grin

U bump heads with Sway, fuc.k dat, dont gimme poppycocks
grin cheesy
Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by Ibime(m): 10:28am On Feb 02, 2009
You would be surprised who I've bumped heads with. Just ask anyone who used to go to Subterranea. Thats where London's HipHop community used to hang out. Meeting Sway, Estelle, Mudfam and many other cats who are still bubbling under the surface was a weekly occurence. Like I told you, a lot of these folk came from the London HipHop scene.
Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by MrCrackles(m): 10:32am On Feb 02, 2009
Ibime:

You would be surprised who I've bumped heads with. Just ask anyone who used to go to Subterranea. Thats where London's HipHop community used to hang out. Meeting Sway, Estelle, Mudfam and many other cats who are still bubbling under the surface was a weekly occurence. Like I told you, a lot of these folk came from the London HipHop scene.

Aargh dont get worked up, you can bump into anyone anywhere around here!! grin

London hiphop scene just dont punch above thier weights son, hence mass switching to grime!!
Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by dejiariyo: 12:22pm On Feb 02, 2009
al those guys u mention up there to me are so wck its was evident wen they were on bet cypha session, they were off beat.
but the only cat i know who is doing it well and to me is the best naija uk rapper shud be Blak twang, dat guy is ill just underated and he was the one that gave estelle her break.check this video
and tell me if skepta can come up with something of that nature.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=005AQbWKknU&feature=channel_page
Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by BloodShed1: 1:35pm On Feb 02, 2009
SMH@ people mentioning Skepta and JME. They are GRIME artists and I've heard Skepta on a few rap beats and he aint too good in my opinion.

Furthermore, are people forgetting that SAS are Nigerian?? lol

Or what of Bigz, Pro-V, Buck Boy (OTB)?

London is full of Nigerian rappers. I could go on,
Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by MrCrackles(m): 1:46pm On Feb 02, 2009
Blood_Shed:

SMH@ people mentioning Skepta and JME. They are GRIME artists and I've heard Skepta on a few rap beats and he aint too good in my opinion.

Furthermore, are people forgetting that SAS are Nigerian?? lol

Or what of Bigz, Pro-V, Buck Boy (OTB)?

London is full of Nigerian rappers. I could go on,

Full of rappers, yeah true but are they good?

Dat is the question and the answer is Nah!!

For me, more like full of pranksters
!!
Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by BloodShed1: 2:02pm On Feb 02, 2009
MrCrackles:

Full of rappers, yeah true but are they good?

Dat is the question and the answer is Nah!!

For me, more like full of pranksters
!!

Those guys I mentioned are sick in my opinion, the average joe in London raps nowadays lol, everyone's an MC/rapper in London lol. I know a few guys I grew up with that turned to rap but I think for them itsa hobby still.

But regardless, UK Naija rappers piss all over local Naija rappers. Local Naija rappers come across like they're barely learning the alphabet, they make me sick. It's like a trip abroad, even if its for a day, gives them an excuse to rap American/foreign.
It's really cringeworthy.
Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by Sauron1: 4:27pm On Feb 02, 2009
Blood_Shed:

But regardless, UK Naija rappers piss all over local Naija rappers. Local Naija rappers come across like they're barely learning the alphabet, they make me sick. It's like a trip abroad, even if its for a day, gives them an excuse to rap American/foreign.
It's really cringeworthy.

This is the TRUEST comment i have read today.
God bless u, Blood_Shed.
Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by BloodShed1: 4:44pm On Feb 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

This is the TRUEST comment i have read today.
God bless u, Blood_Shed.

Glad you appreciate it cool

I've been here for like 6 months now and I'm sick of hearing local rap, I'm begging my sis to burn me some more albums and mixtapes and send em over here so I can load them onto my ZEN.

I should call a few of my boys still, there's a market for them out here. As the saying goes, one man's trash is another man's treasure.
Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by Sauron1: 5:02pm On Feb 02, 2009
There are some good Naija cats. . . . .
Ever since channel 204 was launched on SKY. . . . .I have learnt more about Naija acts and some of them are decent.
I watch Jimmy's jump off almost everyday and i have seen some superb MCs smoking the mics with hunger and drive.
Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by MrCrackles(m): 5:05pm On Feb 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

Ever since channel 204 was launched on SKY. . . . .I have learnt more about Naija acts and some of them are decent.
I watch Jimmy's jump off almost everyday and i have seen some superb MCs smoking the mics with hunger and drive.

Yeah a fair few!! cheesy
Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by MrCrackles(m): 5:08pm On Feb 02, 2009
Blood_Shed:

Glad you appreciate it cool

I've been here for like 6 months now[b] and I'm sick of hearing local rap[/b], I'm begging my sis to burn me some more albums and mixtapes and send em over here so I can load them onto my ZEN.

I should call a few of my boys still, there's a market for them out here. As the saying goes, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Local rap is just pure nonsense

However one or two, puts the chill in you, like we will get better!

M.I seems to be doing that at the moment!
Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by A40(m): 6:04pm On Feb 02, 2009
dejiariyo:

al those guys u mention up there to me are so wck its was evident wen they were on bet cypha session, they were off beat.
but the only cat i know who is doing it well and to me is the best naija uk rapper shud be Blak twang, dat guy is ill just underated and he was the one that gave estelle her break.check this video
and tell me if skepta can come up with something of that nature.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=005AQbWKknU&feature=channel_page

Where the hell is that Blak Twang dude? the way these rappers disappear like Copperfield sometimes make you wonder that dude is tight can you remember his song "Rotten"?

I agree with Sauron on that AY dude he could burst some lyrics and was mad funny too bad he has vanished too for those that talk of Ajasa and co and claim they started rap in Yoruba they need to go listen to AY he has been doing Yoruba rap since they where shitting in their pampers!

Stress ilu yen lasan le so awon sumo wrestlers Japan yen di Skeleton

T'oba fe lo so oja Mushin l'osan Friday ko ko make sure pe o lo Phensic

NLC ma strike everywhere aa da bi garden of eden

Driver commercial vehicle to ma ko ko gbamu won ma threaten e pelu baseball bat ti ti di igba to ma fun won raw cash won ma wa file won ma wa lo broadcast fun awon fellow c[/i]omrades ko ma wa so oju combat
[i]
Ko si nkan to nje MOT abi Drivers test test ti everybody mo ni survival's test survival for the richest oti to koro bi Guinness

O ma bribe custom officer bi 5 ko to le gbe efo lasan lori aeroplane

To ba ti wa de Gatwick awon ibi wa ma se e be Third cousin Saddam Hussein

Those where stand out lines!!

I am also looking for one of his other song Shayo!
Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by tosinaded(m): 6:50pm On Feb 02, 2009
A-40:

sick cool
Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by Sauron1: 7:13pm On Feb 02, 2009
A-40:

I agree with Sauron on that AY dude he could burst some lyrics and was mad funny too bad he has vanished too for those that talk of Ajasa and co and claim they started rap in Yoruba they need to go listen to AY he has been doing Yoruba rap since they where shitting in their pampers!

Stress ilu yen lasan le so awon sumo wrestlers Japan yen di Skeleton

Driver commercial vehicle to ma ko ko gbamu won ma threaten e pelu baseball bat ti ti di igba to ma fun won raw cash won ma wa file won ma wa lo broadcast fun awon fellow c[/i]omrades ko ma wa so oju combat
[i]
Ko si nkan to nje MOT abi Drivers test test ti everybody mo ni survival's test survival for the richest oti to koro bi Guinness

O ma bribe custom officer bi 5 ko to le gbe efo lasan lori aeroplane

To ba ti wa de Gatwick awon ibi wa ma se e be Third cousin Saddam Hussein

Those where stand out lines!!

I am also looking for one of his other song Shayo!

I have his CD(AY-to ba ready). . . . .That guy is a Yoruba Canibus.

On the Shayo cut. . . . . .He had this sick multis on cross colours/Corduroys and how Jubilee Line goes to East London.
There's anutha track "We gon make it". . . . . . .Shit was too sick n tight.
He goes. . .We accumulate assets with Credit Card rackets/In NIG, the only assets we ever had, was French assignments n mathematical sets/

1 Like

Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by ofokasibe: 9:13pm On Feb 02, 2009
there are no rappers in london , i still have the ay joint ''gonna make it'' . .anybody wants it? ;d
Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by A40(m): 11:00pm On Feb 02, 2009
ofokasibe:

there are no rappers in london , i still have the ay joint ''gonna make it'' . .anybody wants it? ;d
Yeah i need that track and Shayo too!!

~Sauron~:

I have his CD(AY-to ba ready). . . . .That guy is a Yoruba Canibus.

On the Shayo cut. . . . . .He had this sick multis on cross colours/Corduroys and how Jubilee Line goes to East London.
There's anutha track "We gon make it". . . . . . .Shit was too sick n tight.
He goes. . .We accumulate assets with Credit Card rackets/In NIG, the only assets we ever had, was French assignments n mathematical sets/
Yeah "We gon make it" was actually the first track of his i heard i think it came out before this "Hard to Survive"
But Shayo really killed it!! Can't remember most of the bars but there was one line where he went[i] AY similar to Idi Amin put your head in a fridge[/i]
Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by Sauron1: 1:06am On Feb 03, 2009
A-40:

Yeah "We gon make it" was actually the first track of his i heard i think it came out before this "Hard to Survive"
But Shayo really killed it!! Can't remember most of the bars but there was one line where he went[i] AY similar to Idi Amin put your head in a fridge[/i]

E bami gboti funfun. . . . . .Garri(shayo!!!).
I can't remember those bars too. . . . .but i remember ma lyrics turn leaded petrol to unleaded petrol to diesel.

There was anutha "We gon make it" remix. . . . . .Jesus Christ!!! That one was better than the main one.
I think it was track 5 or 8. . . . .
He was saying something like. . . .Ori lawa fi wo ilu yii, ko kin she ese. . .So odu credit card ko kin she eshe.
Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by A40(m): 2:57am On Feb 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

I can't remember those bars too. . . . .but i remember ma lyrics turn leaded petrol to unleaded petrol to diesel.

There was anutha "We gon make it" remix. . . . . .Jesus Christ!!! That one was better than the main one.
He was saying something like. . . .Ori lawa fi wo ilu yii, ko kin she ese. . .So odu credit card ko kin she eshe.

Word! That was the hook right there and the song had a banging beat too not heard that song in 3 years plus

He said something about riding okada to Accra and Kwara or something like that in the lyrics

Not heard the "We gon make it" remix it must have been tight me i just wonder how the guy just vanished
Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by BloodShed1: 11:23am On Feb 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

Sure they aint smoking crack? LOL seriously, name names.

MrCrackles:

Local rap is just pure nonsense

However one or two, puts the chill in you, like we will get better!

M.I seems to be doing that at the moment!

Send me ONE M.I tune when he really gets off (no homo). Heard one tune which I think was him and I wasnt imprssed
Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by MrCrackles(m): 11:29am On Feb 03, 2009
Blood_Shed:

Send me ONE M.I tune when he really gets off (no homo). Heard one tune which I think was him and I wasnt imprssed

You prolly heard one of the weaker tracks

Hez not bad and what i am saying his, he got potential if he stays true

I dont bum-rush naija rappers anyway, i cant be bleeped
!
Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by BloodShed1: 11:44am On Feb 03, 2009
MrCrackles:

You prolly heard one of the weaker tracks

Hez not bad and what i am saying his, he got potential if he stays true

I dont bum-rush naija rappers anyway, i cant be bleeped
!

It's odd to see a London guy who actually listens to Naija rap, even a lil bit.

You been in London all ur life?
Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by MrCrackles(m): 11:48am On Feb 03, 2009
Blood_Shed:

It's odd to see a London guy who actually listens to Naija rap, even a lil bit.

You been in London all ur life?

Not odd son, i only have minimal interests because i have a cousin on the naija rap scene, he packs a lotta weight outhere but i aint naming! cheesy

I only got to know more about the naija based rap muppets on this forum and like i said in my last mail, i dont give a flying fuc.k abt em

And nope, i aint been in London(UK) all my life but two other countries with the UK the most
Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by ofokasibe: 11:53am On Feb 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

SO SAURON U CAN SPEAK YORUBA , U COME DEY FORM NIGER DELTA MILITANT FOR LONDON. TUFIAKWA.

@mc prawn crackers
the muppets on this forum? you remind me of sesame street.lmfao
Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by MrCrackles(m): 12:00pm On Feb 03, 2009
ofokasibe:

@mc prawn crackers
the muppets on this forum? you remind me of sesame street.lmfao

I aint dissing anyone here fool! cheesy

I am just saying jokingly that i got to know more about most of the Naija rappers on this forum, geddit
? undecided
Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by nana(f): 12:03pm On Feb 03, 2009
prawn crackers grin
Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by MrCrackles(m): 12:22pm On Feb 03, 2009
nana:

prawn crackers grin

How dare you?
cheesy
Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 03, 2009
nana:

prawn crackers grin
lmao, I'm even eatin a packet now cheesy
Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by ofokasibe: 12:55pm On Feb 03, 2009
ibkaye:

lmao, I'm even eatin a packet now cheesy

are u serious ib? can u pass me some prawn crackers too, lol @mc prawn crackers grin
Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Feb 03, 2009
ofokasibe:

are u serious ib? can u pass me some prawn crackers too, lol @mc prawn crackers grin
Don't get too comfortable jare, your own name sounds like JUJU, all you need now is the head of a seven year old ram and 11 mature snails, hehehehehehe grin grin
Re: Any Good Naija Rappers In London? by MrCrackles(m): 12:58pm On Feb 03, 2009
ofokasibe:

Fuc.k-Asshole, you wont stop running your mouth like an harlots pussy juice?

M cooking your torso and it will be served to the audience at the freestyle lounge, you Arrow
!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download New Video Free: Da-mack Ft.blackdutch Monroe / Lyrics Of Iyawo Asiko Pls And How Do I Download It / Hit Songs With Bad Music Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.