Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

I Need An Application That Can Print Unique Pins On Separate A4 From Excel File - Software/Programmer Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software/Programmer Market / I Need An Application That Can Print Unique Pins On Separate A4 From Excel File (974 Views)

PDF To Excel Can Actually Help PDF To Excel. / Learn How To Create An Application For Your Website Or Blog / I Need An Application Developer Urgently For My Website, Get Paid As You Build (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need An Application That Can Print Unique Pins On Separate A4 From Excel File by adenijidav: 5:28pm On Feb 14, 2015
Hello,

I have a scratch card project. All other processes are set. I can generate the pins and export them into ms excel. But I need an application that will pick these unique pins from separate excel rows and print them on specific positions on paper. That is, the cards would already have been printed. Just to lay the pins on it uniquely. Thanks
Re: I Need An Application That Can Print Unique Pins On Separate A4 From Excel File by adenijidav: 5:34pm On Feb 14, 2015
Say for example, you lay 10 separate rectangular (3.5 x 2.5) cards on one A4 ( I.e 5 rows and 2 columns) leaving the space four PIN and serial number blank. Then you print copies of that on paper
Now you need to pick unique pins from an excel file to appear in the space left for PIN and serial number.

I need a software that can do that.
Re: I Need An Application That Can Print Unique Pins On Separate A4 From Excel File by adenijidav: 5:35pm On Feb 14, 2015
Say for example, you lay 10 separate rectangular (3.5 x 2.5) cards on one A4 ( I.e 5 rows and 2 columns) leaving the space four PIN and serial number blank. Then you print copies of that on paper
Now you need to pick unique pins from an excel file to appear in the space left for PIN and serial number.

I need a software that can do that. Can anyone develop that? Or you already have it? Suggestions please
Re: I Need An Application That Can Print Unique Pins On Separate A4 From Excel File by josieboy55(m): 6:37pm On Feb 14, 2015
adenijidav:

I need a software that can do that. Can anyone develop that? Or you already have it? Suggestions please

send me an email @ josieboy55@gmail.com
Re: I Need An Application That Can Print Unique Pins On Separate A4 From Excel File by christianezeani: 7:16pm On Feb 14, 2015
Please email me at christian.ezeani@gmail.com
Re: I Need An Application That Can Print Unique Pins On Separate A4 From Excel File by spikesC(m): 9:26pm On Feb 14, 2015
adenijidav:
Hello,

I have a scratch card project. All other processes are set. I can generate the pins and export them into ms excel. But I need an application that will pick these unique pins from separate excel rows and print them on specific positions on paper. That is, the cards would already have been printed. Just to lay the pins on it uniquely. Thanks

On a side note, are the cards scratch cards? That is, will they have the aluminium covers that users have to scratch off?
Re: I Need An Application That Can Print Unique Pins On Separate A4 From Excel File by changecreator: 11:59am On Feb 22, 2015
Have done something like that before
Re: I Need An Application That Can Print Unique Pins On Separate A4 From Excel File by CodeHouse: 8:02am On Feb 25, 2015
adenijidav:
Hello,

Have you found a way to do this?
Re: I Need An Application That Can Print Unique Pins On Separate A4 From Excel File by Nobody: 9:26pm On Feb 25, 2015
yes have you found a way to do this.. if you can provide the following

EXCEL
How many columns contain the unique pins you want send to A4 in Word

The best way to do this is format the word document as Labels and use the Mail Merge tool to transfer the PINS to each label (Card) in Word.

Very simple - NO PROGRAMING NEEDED
Re: I Need An Application That Can Print Unique Pins On Separate A4 From Excel File by youngestpr(m): 1:02pm On Feb 26, 2015
If you want it done programmatically (e.g with java) think this can also be achieved this way:

1. Read the excel file and pick needed values
2. do the approprate formatting using java.util Class Formatter
3. create any form of file you want (probably a .doc file)

Find an helpful link below:

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/api/java/util/Formatter.html#syntax

Kind Regards.

(1) (Reply)

Android Development / I Will Build Your Website At 30% Discount Promo Price / Free Mentorship Offer On Programming And Web Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.