Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Farming Season 2015 - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Farming Season 2015 (5246 Views)

Book For Your Seedlings Ahead Of The New Farming Season! / Obiano Flags-off Farming Season For Delfarm Anambra Songhai Project - Photos / Some Agronomic Practices You Should Try Out This Farming Season. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farming Season 2015 by Juliana7: 12:03am On Jun 09, 2015
Na true ooo who will help us resurrect dis thread
Re: Farming Season 2015 by LucidG(m): 7:06am On Aug 08, 2015
stagger:
Under the GES ewallet scheme, farmers get access to subsidized inputs and seeds which they pay for using the mobile money facility from their phones courtesy of the Cellulant platform.

Now there is a registration window which opens just before the farming season. This is at ward level so you are supposed to register in the ward closest to your farm. After registration, you will get a text informing you to go to a collection centre to pick your inputs.

Now the news all over town is that it has eliminated the fertilizer cartels and the corruption in the system. The rumours are that the corruption has simply metamorphosed and changed format. I won't say more.

Like I said, this is a practical fact finding, do-it-yourself mission to ascertain the true state of affairs. Stay tuned.

My Oga, can i have your email address? I need to talk to you sir. Thanks in advance.
Re: Farming Season 2015 by dgitrader(m): 3:09pm On Oct 08, 2015
Stagger!!!
The start was great, how did it end?
Re: Farming Season 2015 by bassette(m): 6:21pm On Dec 03, 2015
Mr Stagger pls come and reply to this thread ooo...need to talk to you pls b4 this 2015 is over!
Re: Farming Season 2015 by dyydxx: 11:51am On Jan 19, 2016
Stagger, any updates. How did it go? did you eventually get any loan?
Re: Farming Season 2015 by stagger: 2:35pm On May 27, 2016
Fulani herdsmen invaded my land and well...the rest is history. They equally destroyed my sign posts. Now their cows are permanently stationed nearby.

I am now trying to get the entire place fenced. No be small thing.

1 Like

Re: Farming Season 2015 by dyydxx: 3:27pm On May 27, 2016
stagger:
Fulani herdsmen invaded my land and well...the rest is history. They equally destroyed my sign posts. Now their cows are permanently stationed nearby.

I am now trying to get the entire place fenced. No be small thing.

you didn't talk about the updates? Did you eventually get the loan?

(1) (2) (Reply)

When The Turkey Overstays On The Eggs / My Little Irish Potato Farm Project / Nigeria Can Overcome Poverty With Agriculture - Afe Babalola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.