Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,844 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

* *murder On Valentine's Day* * - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / * *murder On Valentine's Day* * (1760 Views)

Valentine's Day At The Zoo (A Short Story By Kayode Odusanya) / 10 Romantic Text Messages To Send To Your Loved One On Valentine’s Day / Valentine's Day Poem - "Red Heart" By Louisa Msiska (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

* *murder On Valentine's Day* * by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 14, 2015
You are not the girl i used to know,
You are a shadow of yourself,
I think i left you long ago,
Like a book that left the shelf,
I hear the footsteps down the hall,
And i know oneday it would be you leaving me for Good.
* * * Dare art lade....
14th Ferbuary...
Sandra Browns had prepared herself very much for today,she hadnt slept lastnight,she had spent each minute to the last adding finishing touches to her Plan.
Today was the 'D' day and she had secretly named it the Dooms day.She felt very happy as she zipped up her school bag which felt more heavier than ever,a grin stretched on her lips...
By the end of today she would be more famous than the newyork times writer and bestseller 'Sandra Browns' the powerful woman who bore the same first and last name,was it a coincidence or something planned by fate that they would be that popular?
She couldn't tell.
She managed to avoid her 'sicko' mother as she had named her,Laura browns was a self obsessed woman who had little or no time for her obese sixteen year old daughter who was unfortunate to have acnes and freckles on her chubby face.
Laura worked as a typist in a local newspaper factory,she was always in a haste and couldnt spare her daughter a kind word or two.
Sandro got to the kitchen fixed herself a breakfast which she couldnt bring herself to eat,The fear of been laughed at had made her stop eating much yet she hadnt reduced a pound....
She bathe,dressed up and took a good look at herself in the dressing mirror in her dishevelled room,her clothes were strewn here and there,she did this to spite her mother and her Boyfriend 'Jack'.
'c'mmon am not looking bad' she muttered and walked out of her room and out of thier linoleum floored flat....
"hey gurl are you off to school"sir peters called out from his porch were he stood lamenting the loss of his pistols which he stored in a vault in his store room and used for hunting wild life.
"yea" she snapped walking hurriedly,she knew sir Peter loved engaging her in conversation and if she didnt fly fast he would start with the topic of his stolen pistols.
Today was indeed a special day,she watched with envy as her mates exchanged well wrapped parcels,no öne came to her,she had always been the school pariah..she beamed a smile,it would all end today.
...She watched the lovey-dovey couples with thier love filled eyes as they whispered words of love..
So Touching...
But would it continue for long? She doubted it.
The bell for recess rang and the classroom became empty,she sighed listlessly and slowly brought out two pistols from her school bag.
She smirked as she recollected sir Peter's morning lectures,the Man had filled her head silly on how to handle pistols and rifles,he had no clue that Sandra was the thief that had swept empty his Vault.
As she loaded the pistol She spent few minutes contemplating within herself.
She didnt creat herself..
Why couldnt any one love her?
She wasnt the only obese girl in Momentum high school.
Why did every one treated her like an outcast?
She wasn't dirty or ill-tempered,her Mother had pushed her to the wall.
Why couldnt she show her Love no matter how small?
Why was she an object of mockery whenever they were in Physical health class?
Why did the teachers treated her with pity?
She hated to be pitied,she hated it with her passion.
She would End it all today,she slammed her locker shut and walked out of the classroom like an 'actor.' in an action packed movie.
What happened next was better seen than imagined,the cafeteria was covered in a blood bath,her hand remained on the trigger,firing like a maniac while students ducked and ran,The unfortunate ones kissed the earth good bye.
By the time someone had dialled '911' The two pistols were empty and Sandra browns sat cowered behind the vending machine,sipping zero cocacola and staring absentmindly at the chaos ahead.
After the pandemonium she had regained her apetite,she didnt feel anything for those she had maimed...
The teachers were not left out,on her way out of her classroom she had first gone to the staff room and had done a bloody job there.
If only someone had showed her Love.
Learn to show people Love,you are not a Loving person if you fail to put a smile on someones face daily.
You bought flowers and frames for your dates,what about that malnourished boy with runing nose?
What about that beggar with empty bowl?
Show that you really care...
Happy Val

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: * *murder On Valentine's Day* * by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 14, 2015
Chinweblink7, this is a touching piece really. Urrrrm, this is your first story with oyinbo characters. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the 'typical story-line'. Lol

Ayamlaykorn

1 Like

Re: * *murder On Valentine's Day* * by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 14, 2015
Seun, ishilove or lalasticlala. Abeg make una help move this to the frontpage.

Ayamlaykorn
Re: * *murder On Valentine's Day* * by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 14, 2015
Quite touching and educative...
Re: * *murder On Valentine's Day* * by Kusibe77(m): 10:14pm On Feb 14, 2015
Moderator!!!
Re: * *murder On Valentine's Day* * by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 14, 2015
Jennimma:
Quite touching and educative...

Yeah, yeah, that's true. undecided

*throws her outta' thread. tongue

Ayamlaykorn
Re: * *murder On Valentine's Day* * by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 14, 2015
laykorn:

Yeah, yeah, that's true. undecided

*throws her outta' thread. tongue

Ayamlaykorn
undecided
Re: * *murder On Valentine's Day* * by ayandee: 11:16pm On Feb 14, 2015
A very sad and touching story indeed. There are a few grammatical errors though. Try to do some editing.
Re: * *murder On Valentine's Day* * by Nobody: 7:23am On Feb 15, 2015
ayandee:
A very sad and touching story indeed. There are a few grammatical errors though. Try to do some editing.
yeah actually i wrote it in a haste.
Re: * *murder On Valentine's Day* * by Nobody: 7:26am On Feb 15, 2015
Chinweblinkz:

yeah actually i wrote it in a haste.

You write in haste most times don't you? undecided

Why is that? undecided

Ayamlaykorn
Re: * *murder On Valentine's Day* * by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 15, 2015
laykorn:

You write in haste most times don't you? undecided

Why is that? undecided

Ayamlaykorn
this is how i write ; I may be doing something with my phone and suddenly i stumble into an idea,i have to type fast just as the idea pours into my brain.
Most of the time i spend nearly an hour typing fastly,sometimes when am done my phone would just disappoint me so thats why i write in a haste; so network no go fall my hand
Re: * *murder On Valentine's Day* * by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 16, 2015
Chinweblinkz, can you please not go through with your initial plans. I love this story, but your diary tells me the inspiration. A lot of people care for and love you, you may need to look a little harder to see this, though.
Please don't do anything stvpid.
You have so much to live for, a course to study, a husband to marry, children to birth, do not; I repeat, do NOT allow this temporary feelings of suicidal thoughts make you forget that. Be strong, honey. Even if there is no one around, be strong for yourself and the bright future ahead of you.
Re: * *murder On Valentine's Day* * by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 16, 2015
Mznelly Thanks dear,God bless.I have come to realize that suicide is not the best option.
Right now i have found solace in the bossom of the Lord

1 Like 1 Share

Re: * *murder On Valentine's Day* * by jezuzboi(m): 2:46pm On Feb 16, 2015
Hmmm,
Really Touching!
Re: * *murder On Valentine's Day* * by misshoree(f): 9:54am On Feb 17, 2015
kiss

1 Like

Re: * *murder On Valentine's Day* * by zyzxx(m): 12:18pm On Feb 17, 2015
misshoree:
kiss
this kiss en grin grin
Re: * *murder On Valentine's Day* * by misshoree(f): 4:29pm On Feb 17, 2015
zyzxx:
this kiss en grin grin
lol. kiss

1 Like

Re: * *murder On Valentine's Day* * by zyzxx(m): 4:32pm On Feb 17, 2015
misshoree:
lol. kiss
lolz grin grin thanks
Re: * *murder On Valentine's Day* * by Fembleez1(m): 6:22pm On Feb 27, 2015
kiss wink
Re: * *murder On Valentine's Day* * by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 28, 2015
Fembleez1:
kiss wink
lolz...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Boy Died / Warning!!! / UNFAITHFUL - Flash Fiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.