Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Buhari Can't Win Presidential Election,I Support Jonathan Says Shehu Shagari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Can't Win Presidential Election,I Support Jonathan Says Shehu Shagari (1006 Views)

"Buhari Will Win Presidential Election Again" - Garba Shehu / Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research / Poll: Doyin Okupe Predicts How GEJ Will Win Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Can't Win Presidential Election,I Support Jonathan Says Shehu Shagari by MAYOWAAK: 11:57pm On Feb 14, 2015
By Simon Ateba/Lagos‎

Muhammadu Buhari, the Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress is using diabolical powers to get elected into office, said Shehu Shagari, the man he overthrew on 31 December 1983.‎

Shagari, ‎the Turakin Sakkwato in the Sokoto Caliphate,‎ who was President of Nigeria’s Second Republic between ‎1979 and 1983 before Buhari overthrew him in a coup d’etat warned in a letter that after truncating democracy in 1983, Buhari is using all available means, including diabolical powers to get elected president of Nigeria.

‎”You said you do not want democracy in Nigeria.. (now) the same democracy you truncated, you are fighting hard to get with desperation and diabolical power,” Shagari a northern Fulani nan said in a letter.

Shagari became president after the handover of power by General ‎Olusegun Obasanjo‘s military government.‎

Shagari warned that although has entered into “unholy alliance with some known elements of disunity in the south”, he ‎will “suffer hard in the hands of Tinubu and his political merchants who will use and dump you as they did to Nuhu.”‎
‎‎

‎FULL TEXT OF LETTER FROM ALHAJI SHEHU SHAGARI TO BUHARI

My brother, you have contested the Presidential elections 3 times in this country and in all these times,you have never asked me or my people at Shagari village to support your bid. It is very obvious why you can’t do that. You don’t have the courage after what you did to me.

You truncated democracy with a dastardly coup and took away power from me. You humiliated me and made me to suffer, and you took away my opportunity to RULE Nigeria.

You said you do not want democracy in Nigeria.. The same democracy you truncated, you are fighting hard to get with desperation and diabolical power.

You have entered into unholy alliance with some known elements of disunity in the south but let me warn you.

You will suffer hard in the hands of Tinubu and his political merchants who will use and dump you as they did to Nuhu.

In 2011, you cried publicly when you lost election, and you made provocative and inciting statements that plunged this country into untoward unrest.

You provoked our hot-blooded youths with war cries which erupted into post election violence, that brought Boko Haram into existence, over 500 innocent Nigerians died instantly, most of them youth corpers deployed from one of the unifying agencies of this country.

Personally, I do not have a problem with your ambition.

It is your arrogance that bothers me. If you cannot summon the courage to ask me and my family to vote for you because you know we would not, why do you think Nigerians would look kindly on your past record of destroying a progressing democratic institutions painfully put in place by some respected fathers of this nations like Awolowo and Azikiwe.

No my brother. It is time to wake up from your delusion and do the needful if you still have some conscience.
I am not writing this to you with vengeance intention. I am a practicing Muslim and we leave matters of vengeance to Allah. I write to you as a Nigerian, your brother and a statesman who is deeply concerned. Quit the presidential race now and save this country from the dangling sword of Damocles being menacingly wield by the crooks who surround you. This elections is not about you or President Goodluck Jonathan. It is about the unity of Nigeria which can only be assured by being fair. By this I mean, being fair to the people of Niger Delta.
We can only do this by either re-electing Goodluck or substitute him with any of his kinsmen from the South-south as that can only count fair for a people who are entitled to 8 years in the office of the President. For the elders council in the north, we have come to the conclusion to work towards realizing that fairness. 4 years more is not eternity. It is not too much of a concession for us to make to move Nigeria forward as one indivisible and united country under one God.
May Allah open your mind to see reason.
God bless Nigeria.

Alhaji Shehu Shagari (GCFR)‎

Letter culled from Village Square and shared by PDP Chairman.

http://www.simonateba.com/buhari-using-diabolical-powers-to-get-elected-says-shehu-shagari/

1 Like

Re: Buhari Can't Win Presidential Election,I Support Jonathan Says Shehu Shagari by Nobody: 12:02am On Feb 15, 2015
Buhari'z plan failed after jega prosponed d election!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Can't Win Presidential Election,I Support Jonathan Says Shehu Shagari by itetemi: 12:02am On Feb 15, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
His plan failed after jega prosponed d election!

fake tori tori..............let shagari hear you
Re: Buhari Can't Win Presidential Election,I Support Jonathan Says Shehu Shagari by Exmay(m): 12:03am On Feb 15, 2015
Lie From pit of hell... But even if na 'true', don't forget sey na 1 man 1 vote... #sai Buhari.
Re: Buhari Can't Win Presidential Election,I Support Jonathan Says Shehu Shagari by Change2015(m): 12:03am On Feb 15, 2015
How many times will people post this fake letter. FYI the Shagari family has denied it, and no respectable newspaper has carried it,for obvious reasons. Even Doyin Okupe has not embarrassed himself by acknowledging it. #pdplies #fail

#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: Buhari Can't Win Presidential Election,I Support Jonathan Says Shehu Shagari by Firefire(m): 12:07am On Feb 15, 2015
Boohary you will suffer hard in the hands of Tinubu and his political merchants who will use and dump you as they did to Nuhu.

In 2011, you cried publicly when you lost election, and you made provocative and inciting statements that plunged this country into untoward unrest.

You provoked our hot-blooded youths with war cries which erupted into post election violence, that brought Boko Haram into existence, over 500 innocent Nigerians died instantly, most of them youth corpers deployed from one of the unifying agencies of this country.

- Shehu Shagari
Re: Buhari Can't Win Presidential Election,I Support Jonathan Says Shehu Shagari by kestolove95(m): 12:41am On Feb 15, 2015
D beef is still on..but evn if u b president 2day we go still comot u cox u are also clueless like gej
Re: Buhari Can't Win Presidential Election,I Support Jonathan Says Shehu Shagari by kodded(m): 12:50am On Feb 15, 2015
leaders of the past endorsing the leaders of today and tommorow ....................normal cool

the leaders of tomorrow endorsing the leaders of the past.................................. (how, why, impossible)

indeed nigeria will be a fail state if buhari win cause it is an error for such to take place in this new era

chai nigeria i weep at thee embarassed
Re: Buhari Can't Win Presidential Election,I Support Jonathan Says Shehu Shagari by dustmalik: 12:51am On Feb 15, 2015
Always check the source of an article before giving it proper reply. You can obviously tell it's all nonsense, given the source. OP is jobless, looking to be relevant by posting fake stories.
Re: Buhari Can't Win Presidential Election,I Support Jonathan Says Shehu Shagari by justme002: 12:56am On Feb 15, 2015
Oga buhari kindly listen to d voice of reasoning and let go of a sit meant for the younger ones who shud be the leaders of today and no longer tomoro,since u all APC members have refused to let our tomoro come!!
Re: Buhari Can't Win Presidential Election,I Support Jonathan Says Shehu Shagari by Nobody: 1:06am On Feb 15, 2015
shagari may ur days b long,....a criminal and recycled thief will only be president in his dreams
Re: Buhari Can't Win Presidential Election,I Support Jonathan Says Shehu Shagari by StunningCEO: 2:26am On Feb 15, 2015
every1 knws dat shagari does not give public statements. ......op, u r a liar. grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Can't Win Presidential Election,I Support Jonathan Says Shehu Shagari by caselessogbuagu: 7:46am On Feb 15, 2015
Shagari is sick , old and confused!
Re: Buhari Can't Win Presidential Election,I Support Jonathan Says Shehu Shagari by Nobody: 8:40am On Feb 15, 2015
Am interested in the diabolical part because GMB and Tinubu has been sighted near a big shrine in ijebu ode.

(1) (Reply)

The End Of Buhari’s Presidential Candidacy / Thousands Of Muslims Flock To ISIS In Libya... / How INEC Paid Tinubu's ACT Tech N2.6bn For Production Of Pvcs But Defaulted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.