Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

FG Are Neglecting Edo Cotton Farmers - SDP Senatorial Aspirant Idumonza Speaks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Are Neglecting Edo Cotton Farmers - SDP Senatorial Aspirant Idumonza Speaks (675 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Abiola, Atiku Before SDP Presidential Primaries In 1993 / Now That Lagos And FG Are Aligned... / Hakila Yerima Is Dead (SDP Governorship Candidate In Adamawa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FG Are Neglecting Edo Cotton Farmers - SDP Senatorial Aspirant Idumonza Speaks by IamOValentine(m): 12:42am On Feb 15, 2015
Idumonza Isidahomhen, has questioned the federal government's cotton farming revolution through it Growth Enhacement Support Scheme for farmers that have seen farmers in Esan of Edo state neglected while those in Kastina are very well empowered.

The senatorial aspirant for Edo Central under the Social Democratic Party SDP spoke at a gathering in Ekpoma while unveiling his plans for the zone if he is voted for by March 28.

''The perennial economy of Edo Central, my senatorial zone has been agriculture while cotton farming in particular was once upon a time a commercial indulgence of the people. However this medium of commerce and industry has slump into pale insignificance not just within Esanland but around and about Nigeria.

Recently President Goodluck Jonathan through the Agriculture Transformation Agenda ATA initiative commence the resurgence of commercial cotton farming in the country. Unfortunately as it turned out to be, this revolution has been limited to Kastina state alone from the look of things lately.

As a matter of fact, there are over 24 states in Nigeria where cotton cultivation was noted to be on a large scale so I really wonder why farmers in Kastina should be the only beneficiary of this scheme.

We of course commend the government for the political will to encourage the farmers and resurrect the lost glory of Nigeria agriculture, but we are unawear of any explaination or stratagem to buttress the one sided methodology been employed by the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) who are the direct coordinator of the scheme but this is really a concern for me as cotton farming in Edo Central is one of the veritable sector I hope to draw attention to if I eventually become the senator representing my zone.

Farmers in my zone are optimistic about the reawakening of commercial cotton farming and there are plans to lure in investors who would readily demand for this product as cotton is a viable raw material for the production of varieties of end user goods. But the body language of the agriculture ministry seems to be entirely concentrated on the farmers at the other end of the River Niger and this has degenerated into a source of discouragement for my people.

It's my hope that the Ministry would give a good account on why enthusiastic farmers in Edo Central have been left out of this very laudable scheme.''

Idumonza was also critical of the current Senator representing the zone as he felt a true representitive with the people in mind would take drastic stride in ensuring his constituency benefits from the dividends of democractic development.
He concluded by advising the people to consider and vote massively for a proactive personality like him who have seen the needs of the people and is willing to stand against convention and demand for their benefits as true citizens of Nigeria.

*Idumonza Isidahomhen is the senatorial flagbearer for Edo Central under the Social Democratic Party in the forthcoming election.

You can connect with Isidahohen Idumonza directly on Facebook by first LIKING his page https://m.facebook.com/Idumonza?fref=nf&_rdrand

If you desire to send him your opinion and idea, message Idumonza via his Facebook page, and he would reply you as required.

Oleabhiele Valentine Eromosele
Media Adviser
Idumonza Campaign Organisation

Re: FG Are Neglecting Edo Cotton Farmers - SDP Senatorial Aspirant Idumonza Speaks by pacharles1(m): 12:44am On Feb 15, 2015
seen.. sleep commenting
Re: FG Are Neglecting Edo Cotton Farmers - SDP Senatorial Aspirant Idumonza Speaks by kestolove95(m): 12:51am On Feb 15, 2015
Nd u people went ahead and endorse d same gov't....nonsense

(1) (Reply)

CHRIST EMBASSY: Bring In Your Offerings In Dollars & Other Foreign Currencies. / Obj's 8yrs VS GEJ's 6yrs In Power: Who Did Better? / Channels TV Staff “charles Eruka” Recounts How He Was Stabbed At APC Rally In Ri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.