Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,024 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Police Affairs Minister Adesiyan Admits Colluding With General Momoh, Obanikoro, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Affairs Minister Adesiyan Admits Colluding With General Momoh, Obanikoro, (823 Views)

Nigerians have killed more South Africans - Gigaba, SA Home Affairs Minister / Yemi Osinbajo Meets With General Electric CEO, Jeff Immelt (photos) / Police Affairs Minister Adesiyan Tactically Admits Ekiti Election Was Rigged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Affairs Minister Adesiyan Admits Colluding With General Momoh, Obanikoro, by chamboy(m): 2:39am On Feb 15, 2015
Minister of Police Affairs Jelili Adesiyan has tacitly admitted that there was an encounter between several top officials of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and a senior military officer who was badgered to intimidate members of the opposition All Progressives Congress (APC) in order to ensure victory for the PDP in the Ekiti State governorship election.

He admitted to the content of an audiotape detailing a heated session where PDP members, including (now) Governor Ayo Fayose, Mr. Adesiyan, former Minister of State for Defense, Musiliu Obanikoro, and Senator Iyiola Omisore ordered Brigadier General A.A. Momoh to order troops under his control to arrest and detain APC members in a plot to guarantee victory for Mr. Fayose. participating in a meeting.

Although, both Governor Fayose and Mr. Obanikoro has denied the authenticity of the tape, Adesiyan indicted them to have participated in the meeting as contained in the audio.

In an interview with Sunday Punch newspaper, Mr. Adesiyan admitted that the encounter took place, even though he tried to lessen the criminal nature of the exchanges by claiming that the meeting was to persuade the officer to release some detained PDP agents. In addition, the minister stated that the atmosphere became charged when Mr. Fayose accused the military officer of taking a bribe from then Governor Kayode Fayemi.

Sunday Punch reported that the Police Affairs Minister “admitted that there was a conversation but it was at a scene in Ado-Ekiti, when Fayose and the General engaged in an altercation which almost resulted in a fight.”

According to the minister, the near physical fight happened after some people at the meeting accused Brigadier General Momoh of being bribed by Governor Kayode Fayemi and the All Progressives Congress. The accusation “led to a heated argument between [the general]and Fayose,” Sunday Punch reported.

The paper reported Mr. Adesiyan as stating, “Nigerians are not dummies. These people are mischievous; somebody recorded the scene but let everybody listen to it. Listen to it yourself and get back to me.

“Fayose accused the General who supervised the Ekiti election of taking bribe from Fayemi and APC, that was two days before the election. They called me because they said the General disarmed policemen and I told him to allow the policemen to do their job.

“I was there, Fayose was there, Otunba Omisore was there, Senator Obanikoro was there. I am not denying that there was a conversation but it was not what they are saying.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Affairs Minister Adesiyan Admits Colluding With General Momoh, Obanikoro, by madridguy(m): 2:52am On Feb 15, 2015
Ok
Re: Police Affairs Minister Adesiyan Admits Colluding With General Momoh, Obanikoro, by menix(m): 3:03am On Feb 15, 2015
Dis madridguy e b lik say ur juju nid FTC to renew itsef..

@topic..
Dis ekiti matter nah matter 4 d gods.
As for mii nd my house nah chop money we dey find...
Re: Police Affairs Minister Adesiyan Admits Colluding With General Momoh, Obanikoro, by madridguy(m): 3:08am On Feb 15, 2015
menix:
Dis madridguy e b lik say ur juju nid FTC to renew itsef..

@topic..
Dis ekiti matter nah matter 4 d gods.
As for mii nd my house nah chop money we dey find...

Please don't sell your right my dear brother. Let vote out this current govt for the betterment of our future.
Re: Police Affairs Minister Adesiyan Admits Colluding With General Momoh, Obanikoro, by henrychubayo: 4:36am On Feb 15, 2015
Why are people so concerned about these. These has been an ongoing thing in Nigeria. The worst was OBJ who never won and can never win an Election, yet he was declared winner twice for that matter. Why is this a news now. All elections in Nigeria are rigged and no party is an exemption.

1 Like

Re: Police Affairs Minister Adesiyan Admits Colluding With General Momoh, Obanikoro, by vicope: 5:02am On Feb 15, 2015
NO source?

How did Adesiyan come into the picture? Thought it had to do with Caleb Olubolade?

All the same,

Team #CHANGE

Sai Buhari
Re: Police Affairs Minister Adesiyan Admits Colluding With General Momoh, Obanikoro, by Mutuwa(m): 6:33am On Feb 15, 2015
President talk say na lie....
Funny ppl..na dem "some" charlies wnt vote bk to power.

1 Like

Re: Police Affairs Minister Adesiyan Admits Colluding With General Momoh, Obanikoro, by san316(m): 6:45am On Feb 15, 2015
And so.. nothing shall happen as long as a fellow conspirator is in power.

(1) (Reply)

Coffin In Imo Govt House Widows Curse Okorocha Supporters / Oshiomhole Tells Voters : Don’t Be Deceived With Bags Of Rice / Fashola: "I Paid For My Grave Four Years Ago"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.