Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,553 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

Beyonce's New Album B-day - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Beyonce's New Album B-day (6696 Views)

Rate Beyonce's New Album / Beyonce New Single "de Ja Vu" Feat (jay Z) / Beyonce vs Shakira: Who Can Dance Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beyonce's New Album B-day by shadex1(m): 2:19pm On Aug 27, 2006
I have listened to the Beyonce's new album B-day set to release on her Bday(birthday) September 5 and wasnt really impressed,all the songs sounded kinna alike.
The Cd cover itself is enough to make you loose interest in buying the album (album cover at the bottom of the page)n i wonder if she would be able to hit platinum.
I don't have no beef for beyonce n m not trying to criticize her,Its just that i expected more than that from her.
If you ve listened to the album,What do you think about it?

RELEASE DATE: 2006-09-05

Track List
----------
01. Deja Vu (Feat. Jay-Z)           4:00
02. Get Me Bodied                   3:25
03. Suga Mama                       3:25
04. Upgrade U (Feat. Jay-Z)         4:32
05. Ring The Alarm                  3:23
06. Kitty Kat                       3:55
07. Freakum Dress                   3:20
08. Green Light                     3:29
09. Irreplaceable                   3:47
10. Resentment                      4:40
11. Check On It (Feat. Bun B &     14:18
    Slim Thug) + Hidden Track

Release Notes:

History may prove Beyoncé's B'Day to be a rare double-whammy of an achievement.
Not only is it destined to hold up as one of the thumpingest, most
polished-sounding discs of 2006, it's also bound to loose a new phrase into the
popular lexicon: a "freekum dress" (n.), as described on a same-named track
halfway through this excellent CD, is a "right-fittin'" garment owned by every
woman; "when they act wrong, that's when you put it on." Linguistic hijinks
aside, here is Beyoncé as the public rarely sees her: fully liberated and
artistically fearless. "Ring the Alarm," a big-banging, fire-alarm-clanging
wake-up call to a cheating man, finds her seething; "Kitty Kat," a feline-like
size-up of a stale relationship helped along by the still innovative Neptunes,
shows her spurned; the womanly, fire-in-the-belly come-on "Suga Mama" gets her
way, way worked up; and the crackling, vocally volcanic "Resentment" steeps her
in Aretha-caliber soul. For all the disc's solo trailblazing, though, where it
really soars is on one of two duets with Jay-Z: While "Up Grade U" chugs along
entertainingly enough about the good life ("I'm talkin' spa bags and fly pads
and rooms at the Bloomberg"wink, opener "Deja Vu" blasts out a bomp-bomp beat
nobody with a head to nod could resist. Cake, candles, and Cristal or no, B'Days
rarely get this good.

Re: Beyonce's New Album B-day by 2fine4u(f): 3:43pm On Aug 27, 2006
Haha i havent listen to it yet and not in a rush to cheesy but wit the way fans hated her de ja vu video and the way her new single green light sounded and stuff, i doubt if this new album will be as much hit as her old album dangerously in love undecided
oh besides the album cover is a mess, what was she thinkin? she cud hav done better duh!!
Re: Beyonce's New Album B-day by eslynera(f): 4:31pm On Aug 27, 2006
i havn't bought it nor i have i listened to it, and i don't even wish to, cuz i'd rather spend that money on candy tongue
ya'll hav gut to agree the fact that she totally suckxxxxxxx!! sad i think ya'v proved it, undecided No bootylicious no boobs licious no nothin,,
BYE. cool
Re: Beyonce's New Album B-day by iice(f): 4:21am On Aug 29, 2006
LOL not really looking forward to her album, got other albums and artists am interested in. Well i always felt she wouldnt be able to top her first album and looks like that's what is happening.
Re: Beyonce's New Album B-day by ImBossy(f): 2:20am On Aug 30, 2006
Lol, hrd tha album, it aint THAT bad, i mean i wont Buy It, Ill Prob Jus Download it ;-)
Re: Beyonce's New Album B-day by dennylove(m): 7:40pm On Aug 31, 2006
you guys should try and listen to beyonce 's new album,i mean is THE BOMB,with her main man, JAY-Z, but, see,guys are you pondering what am pondering?with the way things are going, i don't think that beyonce's father will want JAY-Z to get married to beyonce.
Re: Beyonce's New Album B-day by Kadeejah(f): 7:05pm On Sep 01, 2006
the album sucks jay's balls.
Re: Beyonce's New Album B-day by eslynera(f): 7:09pm On Sep 01, 2006
yeah, i think her daddy should do that for real, it'll be fun!!! grin
Re: Beyonce's New Album B-day by dominique(f): 7:27pm On Sep 01, 2006
Thank God i'm not the only who found that deja vu video totally wack, was she on steroids or somn. She needs go back to thd drawing board and change her style cos i'm so sick of that freaky dance she does in her videos.
Re: Beyonce's New Album B-day by eslynera(f): 9:21pm On Sep 01, 2006
at last there's more support. grin
Re: Beyonce's New Album B-day by arctic2: 9:06pm On Sep 05, 2006
Everyone on hear that says B-Day sucks, are haters. But hay you can't please everyone, so continue to hate, Beyonce will go multi-platinum, because there are far more supporters than haters. For those of you making comments that haven't heard the album suck a fat mans you know what!!! Just plain haters, the album is the shi****!!!
Re: Beyonce's New Album B-day by iice(f): 1:26pm On Sep 06, 2006
Go rest jare, her album is not as tight as her first album, dont hate us for having better taste and wanting something that would blow her first album out of the water. Some of us are interested in good music not just the artist per say.
Re: Beyonce's New Album B-day by bee22(f): 2:45pm On Sep 06, 2006
I agree with ice that we shouln't let names blind us and prevent us from making infrormed decisions.The 2 singles off that albumso far are mediocre at best.

I think Bee needs to hibernate 4 awhile and rediscove her self and come out with something that will cause our jaws to hit the floor.

I personally am tired of seeing her evrywhere and it does not help that she has a twinnie--------------little miss rihrih who dresses and looks like Beyonce.

On the other hand,maybe she should go and marry and get bele(preggie) like Britney Spears.That one couldn't sing at all sef
Re: Beyonce's New Album B-day by lauryn(f): 12:31am On Sep 07, 2006
airbrushing na wa grin grin
Re: Beyonce's New Album B-day by saintkola(m): 11:28am On Sep 07, 2006
as 4 me, i think the deja vu video is hot like dat & anyone who thinks otherwise is simply a hater. beyonce a'int on drugs people, watch ya tongues !!! lol
Re: Beyonce's New Album B-day by toyin1709: 12:09pm On Sep 08, 2006
guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyysssssssssssss! this lady has the voice u know! even if she is trying to feel like shakira shaking her waist nd all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anyway she's good its just dt d video for deja vu was kinda to hyper!!!!!!!!! wat was rung wit her dancing nd jumping and running like dt! she looked like she was on drugs or sumting!!!!!!!!
men! i just tire for her walahi!
avnt heard the other tracks on d album but i know dt sumtimes she dey mess up!
Re: Beyonce's New Album B-day by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 08, 2006
she bete get down with cam
Re: Beyonce's New Album B-day by wifey2003: 7:53pm On Sep 09, 2006
I think that her album is HOT. I think that all of her videos are HOT. I think that the album is HOT. And I honestly think those that are hating on Beyonce are just jealouse because she can sing, dance, act, etc, and yall asses can't do doggy squat, But regardless, Beyonce still going to continue to make millions and music whether yall bitter bastards sit and write stupid shit all day. Either grow the hell up or shut the hell up. PICK ONE,
Re: Beyonce's New Album B-day by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 09, 2006
Hey
I heard a baby alligator pissed on beyonce when she first wanted to take a shot for her album cover
Re: Beyonce's New Album B-day by iice(f): 6:58pm On Sep 10, 2006
Wack album cheesy cheesy cheesy
Here's a review i saw on e-online

Talk about a B'day surprise: The follow-up to the Destiny's Child leader's solo debut, Dangerously in Love, is appallingly not so good. From the too-slick production to the almost nonexistent melodies, the album gets by mainly on Beyoncé's willingness to repeal the submissive sentiments of Destiny Fulfilled and whip out the tiger claws on standout tracks like "Ring the Alarm" and "Suga Mama"--sentiments reportedly inspired by her forceful character in the upcoming Dreamgirls film. But that doesn't stop boyfriend Jay-Z from upstaging her on the otherwise lackluster "Déjà Vu." Guess anyone can have a bad day. Or B'day.

Here's another one from whudat.com

10 songs shallow B'Day is on shaky ground if they want to call it an album This thing is more like an EP. Even better, unintentionally it's the first album that fits the digital album model. Pick and choose the songs you like or take the whole thing. Given the choice, 99.999% of people would peel off 3 songs and let the rest grow mold. This is not an album. It's Beyonce's sketch sessions as she flexes, for the first time, her personal artistic direction on the entire project.

You've heard the story: how she snuck away from her father to record the album completely on her own time and dime (for sure that Carter guy put in his 5 cents as he appears on two songs.) The result is an album that is more like the coming out of Sasha than the birth of a new independent woman.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Beyonce's New Album B-day by eslynera(f): 7:11pm On Sep 10, 2006
;d
Re: Beyonce's New Album B-day by saintkola(m): 12:20am On Sep 11, 2006
i'm a listening and i'm liking ! Ryde on bee, i'm feeling ya !
Re: Beyonce's New Album B-day by eslynera(f): 12:10pm On Sep 13, 2006
just passin by, no points for beyo though!! cheesy tongue
Re: Beyonce's New Album B-day by dolliepie(f): 12:15pm On Sep 13, 2006
i've seen d video on mtv,its soooo hot! men, i so much love ring d alarm,so good.wonder if critics are sayn anything bout d song for now.
Re: Beyonce's New Album B-day by ifeotito(f): 12:54am On Sep 14, 2006
what happen to her, it seems like she no the crazy side, or maybe is just me
Re: Beyonce's New Album B-day by shadex1(m): 6:00pm On Sep 19, 2006
The album wasnt actually as bad as i thought.
who would believe that upon all the criticism beyonce's bday album still sold 540000 copies its first week of release in US
Re: Beyonce's New Album B-day by jaybaby(f): 7:20pm On Sep 19, 2006
u GUYZ SHAAAAAAAAA una no go kill dizzzzzzz gurl

i dnt really Fancy d gurl- but i like one of her songs d 1 with d FUNKI beats-it sounds nice 2 da EAR
Re: Beyonce's New Album B-day by shadex1(m): 11:23pm On Sep 19, 2006
dont fancy dont even know why am postin sh*t bout her

diz d remix to deja vu, i guess this one sounds beta with the beat.you can download it by clickin on d link below
http://www.mp3web.org/dwnl.asp?dwnl=da&id=27745&album=VA+-+DJ+Kurupt+-+Show+and+Tell+RnB+Vol.+1&melodie=Beyonce+And+Jay+Z+Deja+Vu+(remix)

this are also some tracks she did after she released her album.
click to download

Beyoncé - Back Up (Bonus Track)         http://www.sendspace.com/file/skbkj7
Beyoncé - Listen (Bonus Track)            http://www.sendspace.com/file/1hqbi2
Beyoncé - Lost Yo Mind (Bonus Track)  http://www.sendspace.com/file/ui8zwn
Beyoncé - Creole (B'Day Bonus Track)  http://www.sendspace.com/file/wkndxr

ENJOY

(1) (Reply)

Christy Essien's "omo Mi Seun Rere". / Video: D’banj – Fall In Love (video) / Download Youtube Videos To Mobile Phones As .mp3 & .mp4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.