Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,787 members, 7,831,545 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

[OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? (2398 Views)

Queen Esther, An Usher: "Apostle Suleman And I Were In Sexual Relationship" / Top 6 Pastors That Are Heavily Involved In Politics / Catholic Priest Involved In Gas Explosion Trying To Save Others - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

[OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by MizMyColi(f): 9:00am On Feb 15, 2015
Sexual sin as is meant for this context ranges from Homosexuality, Asexuality, Fornication, Adultery, *Masturbation & Indecency (to those who consider it one).

Jesus would be our case in point here and the answer might shock you!

THE FIRST THING Jesus did to the woman caught in adultery was this: HE PROTECTED HER FROM RELIGIOUS JUDGMENT!!!!!

He used supernatural wisdom to protect her from being stoned to death by a religious mob who had the Bible on
their side.
But Jesus would have none of that! He diffused the crowd's "Biblical wrath" and disarmed the mob of their deadly rocks of condemnation.

THE SECOND THING Jesus did was to specifically tell the woman HE did NOT condemn her. After rescuing her, He let her know He had no hate or judgement toward her.

THE THIRD THING Jesus did was to exhort her to go forth and sin no more. He didn't even mention the sin of adultery, just that in the wake of knowing God's care for
her, she should walk in newness of life and avoid all sins of unbelief.

So, WHAT is the lesson for us?
Simple, we are to protect people from religious judgement by shielding them from all verbal, emotional and physical
stoning by religious mobs who claim to have the Bible on their side. Then, and only then, can we use the love of God
to exhort them to live by faith.

You see, when we live by faith, God will transform our desires. He will give us new and sanctified desires. The Psalms promise that when we delight ourselves in the Lord, He will give us new desires of the heart.

Can you see how that woman Jesus heroically saved from stoning could so easily delight herself in the Lord---
because she had seen the love of Jesus save her from certain death.

Am I saying that various forms of sexual conduct are not sin? No, not at all. But I am saying that Jesus' response to sin is far different than the religious mob's mindset.

Their Bible thumping is cruel, vicious and murderous. More importantly, they are not Christ-like or Christ-honoring.

The creator saves sinners. He doesn't condemn them. We need to stop finger-poking the Bible with OUR own hate and wrath, and instead start heart-massaging
Scripture with HIS Spirit of love.

The Bible is to be read as a promise of love and restoration, not as a threat of terror and hostility.

But be prepared. When you shelter people from religious judgment, you will be accused by the religious mob of approving and partaking of their sin. You will be accused of fellowshipping with sinners and drinking with drunks .

But then, so was Jesus! You are in good company.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by darksuit(m): 9:02am On Feb 15, 2015
Not everybody that proclaims to be a christian actually is. "they were called christians because they behaved like christ" . You can hardly find people who behave like christ nowadays.
It is important to know that most people who prosecute these people are actually guilty themselves
I completely agree with u

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by dammywapes(m): 9:15am On Feb 15, 2015
I reason you.

1 Like

Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by Jeromejnr(m): 9:21am On Feb 15, 2015
darksuit:
Not everybody that proclaims to be a christian actually is. "they were called christians because they behaved like christ" . You can hardly find people who behave like christ nowadays.
It is important to know that most people who prosecute these people are actually guilty themselves
I completely agree with u

I agree with you a 100%.
Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by iamodenigbo1(m): 9:44am On Feb 15, 2015
Jeromejnr:

I agree with you a 100%.
I SECOND U
Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 15, 2015
anybody that wants to do adultery should do it. people only try to find reasons to justify wrong doing.
Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by Tallesty1(m): 10:22am On Feb 15, 2015
Right post, wrong example.

The woman was not caught in any sexual sin, she didn't commit adultery, it was a test for Jesus............

Secondly, the men that wanted to stone her were partial with their judgment, ie if at all she was caught in adultery. Two people were caught having sex and only one was brought to Jesus? Does it make any sense?

3 Likes

Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 15, 2015
@Topic
Exactly what it's suppose to be. Too many scriptural uneducated folks are in place of authority in the church.

It's changing now though. God is raising an army of love-consumed people to reach out to the world with his "liquid love"

Some of us are already there. You can join in.
#StartLoving.

This is an awesome piece mizmycoli
Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 15, 2015
Tallesty1:

The woman was not caught in any sexual sin, she didn't commit adultery, it was a test for Jesus............

Secondly, the men that wanted to stone her were partial with their judgment, ie if at all she was caught in adultery. Two people were caught having sex and only one was brought to Jesus? Does it make any sense?
It was a test. Fine! Was she caught in the act? Yes. Were they going to stone her to death with or without Jesus' consent? Yes.
About bringing only the lady and leaving the man aside......Look into the Jewish culture. When two persons are caught in adultery or formication, it's the woman that takes the blame. She carries the cross. That's inhuman though. It's very wrong but that was their culture.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by Tallesty1(m): 11:00am On Feb 15, 2015
AgapeCharis:
It was a test. Fine! Was she caught in the act? Yes. Were they going to stone her to death with or without Jesus' consent? Yes.
About bringing only the lady and leaving the man aside......Look into the Jewish culture. When two persons are caught in adultery or formication, it's the woman that takes the blame. She carries the cross. That's inhuman though. It's very wrong but that was their culture.
Listen bro, the Jewish leaders then didn't accept Jesus so why'd they take her to him if it wasn't to test.

They Didn't catch the woman in anything. I can defend it any day, any time with valid points
Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 15, 2015
Tallesty1:
Listen bro, the Jewish leaders then didn't accept Jesus so why'd they take her to him if it wasn't to test.

They Didn't catch the woman in anything. I can defend it any day, any time with valid points
Ok........Your opinion smiley
Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by Tallesty1(m): 11:04am On Feb 15, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Ok........Your opinion smiley
I just dey ready for argument today. Are you in?
Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 15, 2015
Tallesty1:
I just dey ready for argument today. Are you in?
Naaaaah smiley
I'm not in for any kind of argument today cheesy
Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by Tallesty1(m): 11:12am On Feb 15, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Naaaaah smiley
I'm not in for any kind of argument today cheesy
Ok........

Make I wait for the MyColi
Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by MizMyColi(f): 11:25am On Feb 15, 2015
Tallesty1:
Ok........

The number you have dialled is currently switched offgrinsmiley
Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by Tallesty1(m): 11:35am On Feb 15, 2015
MizMyColi:

grincheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by Nobody: 11:39am On Feb 15, 2015
Tallesty1:
Ok........

You ready today o cheesy
Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by Tallesty1(m): 11:41am On Feb 15, 2015
AgapeCharis:
You ready today o cheesy
I tell ya...

MyColi don switch off her line sef
Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by BreezyRita(f): 12:09pm On Feb 15, 2015
MizMyColi:

grin cheesy grin grin
Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by BreezyRita(f): 12:19pm On Feb 15, 2015

@ Tallesty, whether it was a test or not, Jesus repeatedly showed us how to act with 'condemned' people. Zacchaeus(I no fit spell am well: D), etc.
Not by acting all holy like the Pharisees, acting saintly but by showing love. A kind of love that'll help them battle sin and change for the better.

Coming..........

2 Likes

Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Feb 15, 2015
Tallesty1:

Let's assume she wasn't caught in adultery.
But Mary Magdalene is/was actually a prostitute.

From you argument, I feel you are trying to emphasize that the punishment for those sexual immoralities listed by OP is justified. undecided

1 Like

Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by ebenice(m): 12:49pm On Feb 15, 2015
nice one, but showing love should not be a yardstick to condone evil, be it as it may
there should be a ccomplementary close on showing love and exposing sin .

BTW, people.of nowadays gan self if u rub their head too much after they do bad thing, u go soon continue dey rub am till u tire.

Mind you JESUS can forgive sins, but pastors cannot, their work is to teach and guard not to forgive sins
only Jesus does that. i think apostle paul was in this shoes too,@ the church in corrinth,, he no forgive their sins o he rebuke them and gave them stern warning 2cor 12
Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by Tallesty1(m): 1:02pm On Feb 15, 2015
FrancisTony:

Let's assume she wasn't caught in adultery.
But Mary Magdalene is/was actually a prostitute.

From you argument, I feel you are trying to emphasize that the punishment for those sexual immoralities listed by OP is justified. undecided
Far from it
Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 15, 2015
Tallesty1:

Just out of curiosity, how did you arrive at the conclusion that she was never caught?
Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 15, 2015
Tallesty1:
I tell ya...

MyColi don switch off her line sef
you are ON YOUR OWN! cheesy grin cheesy
Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 15, 2015
ebenice:
nice one, but showing love should not be a yardstick to condone evil, be it as it may
there should be a ccomplementary close on showing love and exposing sin .

BTW, people.of nowadays gan self if u rub their head too much after they do bad thing, u go soon continue dey rub am till u tire.

Mind you JESUS can forgive sins, but pastors cannot, their work is to teach and guard not to forgive sins
only Jesus does that. i think apostle paul was in this shoes too,@ the church in corrinth,, he no forgive their sins o he rebuke them and gave them stern warning 2cor 12
I don't know the kind of church you attend, but in my bible(GoodNEWS Bible) and church I attend, a Rev. Father can forgive sin.

John20:21
Again Jesus, "Peace be with you! As the father has sent me, I am sending you."

22. And with that he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit.

23 If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.

1 Like

Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by ebenice(m): 3:48pm On Feb 15, 2015
FrancisTony:

I don't know the kind of church you attend, but in my bible(GoodNEWS Bible) and church I attend, a Rev. Father can forgive sin.

John20:21
Again Jesus, "Peace be with you! As the father has sent me, I am sending you."

22. And with that he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit.

23 If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.

what type or kind of sins was JESUS refering to here?

i guess u are misunderstanding HIS speech .

but if you insist, permit me to ask, can you forgive the sin of murder?
Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by Tallesty1(m): 6:22pm On Feb 15, 2015
Ichiato:

Just out of curiosity, how did you arrive at the conclusion that she was never caught?
lols, it might sound funny and impossible to believe but [/b]that's what I think[/b].

First, Jesus was in the temple to teach those who are willing to learn, then this leaders who do not believe Jesus' ministry brought a woman they claimed was caught in adultery.

They reminded Him that the Mosaic Law demanded her to be stoned to death and asked “But what do you say?”.

Do you notice the question? When did Jesus' opinion mean anything to them?

This situation is apparently just an attempt to entrap Jesus. They did that in their continuing efforts to trick Jesus into saying something they could hold against Him.

See why I believe the woman was not caught in adultery, first, The Law required that both parties to adultery be stoned ( Leviticus 20:10; Deuteronomy 22:22). Both are to be put to death and There is to be no partiality according to Jewish law but these guys didn't bring the man...... Why?

Indeed, the law makes it clear that stoning could only take place after a careful trial, which included the chance for the condemned to confess his or her wrong. There should be atleast two witnesses and these guys didn't bring even one? Why?

The story doesn't add up, I think everything was a plan to trap Jesus

1 Like

Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 15, 2015
Tallesty1:
lols, it might sound funny and impossible to believe but [/b]that's what I think[/b].

First, Jesus was in the temple to teach those who are willing to learn, then this leaders who do not believe Jesus' ministry brought a woman they claimed was caught in adultery.

They reminded Him that the Mosaic Law demanded her to be stoned to death and asked “But what do you say?”.

Do you notice the question? When did Jesus' opinion mean anything to them?

This situation is apparently just an attempt to entrap Jesus. They did that in their continuing efforts to trick Jesus into saying something they could hold against Him.

See why I believe the woman was not caught in adultery, first, The Law required that both parties to adultery be stoned ( Leviticus 20:10; Deuteronomy 22:22). Both are to be put to death and There is to be no partiality according to Jewish law but these guys didn't bring the man...... Why?

Indeed, the law makes it clear that stoning could only take place after a careful trial, which included the chance for the condemned to confess his or her wrong. There should be atleast two witnesses and these guys didn't bring even one? Why?

The story doesn't add up, I think everything was a plan to trap Jesus
Honestly, your post only screams of the fact that the leaders were certainly out to entrap Jesus. Nothing suggests that the woman was never caught for fact. While it is plausible that the woman was never caught, she could have also been caught and used in their entrapment game. The leader(Pharisees) throughout the Bible have also shown that they don't really care what the law actually says and that they are willing to interpret these laws to suit themselves, this be very well seen by their wrongful conviction of Christ while they set another criminal (Barabbas (I'm not sure I got the spelling right))free. So it shouldn't be much of a surprise that they brought just the woman to Jesus.
Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Feb 15, 2015
ebenice:

what type or kind of sins was JESUS refering to here?

i guess u are misunderstanding HIS speech .

but if you insist, permit me to ask, can you forgive the sin of murder?
Sin is Sin.

Don't misunderstand me; I didn't say I can forgive sins.
That's a power embedded on religious leaders.
Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by Macelliot(m): 11:50pm On Feb 15, 2015
Following
Re: [OPINION] How Should We Deal With People Involved In Sexual Sin? by MizMyColi(f): 1:00am On Feb 16, 2015
As I read certain comments this thread, all that comes to mind is Inner Anarchy!!!!

gringringringringrin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Annual God Of Breakthroughs Convention 2015. / 8 Reasons Believers Hate Atheists / Nigerian Pastor Combines Christianity And Islam And Creates Brand New Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.