Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. - Culture (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. (72131 Views)

Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand / Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards / The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by debinile(m): 2:19pm On Oct 16, 2015
rexbuton:
the urhobos own warri
prove it that Urhobo own Warri.
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by debinile(m): 2:22pm On Oct 16, 2015
abraka00:
I speak authoritatively. Warri belongs to the Urhobos as pronounced by the supreme court. Again, the title 'olu of warri' will cease to exist after the reign of this present olu. It shall be reverted to 'olu of itsekiri'.
There is currently new Olu of Warri, has the title been reversed? Jelousy.
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by debinile(m): 2:25pm On Oct 16, 2015
dennismukoro:
itsekiris are strangers from the riverside. urhobo owns most land
how come the Olu of Warri is an Itsekiri Person?
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by debinile(m): 2:29pm On Oct 16, 2015
dennismukoro:
NOTE THE LAND THE OLU OF ITSEKIRI IS OCCUPYING IS RENTED FROM THE OKUMAGBA FAMILY
prove it. Okumagba marry An Itsekiri woman that was how some lands were given to him by the Itsekiri.
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by daxlasaint(m): 4:18pm On Oct 16, 2015
debinile:

There is currently new Olu of Warri, has the title been reversed? Jelousy.

Has he been crowned?
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by daxlasaint(m): 4:22pm On Oct 16, 2015
debinile:
prove it that Urhobo own Warri.

The Urhobos do not own warri... BUT neither do the itsekiris or the Ijaws, warri as it exists today is owned by all three ethnic groups with each having areas that have always ansestrally been owned by them... especially the Urhobos and Itsekiris...

The Olu's title should therefore rightfully read Olu of Ode itsekiri ( Big warri) or Olu of itsekiri...

3 Likes

Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by onuwaje(m): 5:21pm On Oct 16, 2015
daxlasaint:

Has he been crowned?
Once alll funeral rights r complete. The late ogiame atuwatse II will b buried. N den d new. Omoba will be crowned.(hes going true a process right now.
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by onuwaje(m): 5:21pm On Oct 16, 2015
daxlasaint:

The Urhobos do not own warri... BUT neither do the itsekiris or the Ijaws, warri as it exists today is owned by all three ethnic groups with each having areas that have always ansestrally been owned by them... especially the Urhobos and Itsekiris...

The Olu's title should therefore rightfully read Olu of Ode itsekiri ( Big warri) or Olu of itsekiri...

Go change am. Na

1 Like

Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by daxlasaint(m): 6:09pm On Oct 16, 2015
onuwaje:

Go change am. Na

It doesn't matter whether it is changed or not as long as the Olu cannot go to demand subservience from the Urhobos of warri, his title is just that... A title, I could call myself the king of England and would that give me autocratic control over the English pple
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by daxlasaint(m): 6:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
onuwaje:

Once alll funeral rights r complete. The late ogiame atuwatse II will b buried. N den d new. Omoba will be crowned.(hes going true a process right now.

Well e nor Tey again, let's see if 1952 will repeat itself again smiley
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by onuwaje(m): 6:16pm On Oct 16, 2015
daxlasaint:

Well e nor Tey again, let's see if 1952 will repeat itself again smiley
So u really think d title would b changed? Funny
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by onuwaje(m): 6:18pm On Oct 16, 2015
daxlasaint:

It doesn't matter whether it is changed or not as long as the Olu cannot go to demand subservience from the Urhobos of warri, his title is just that... A title, I could call myself the king of England and would that give me autocratic control over the English pple

I nr need reply. Get ready to b disappointed
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by daxlasaint(m): 6:24pm On Oct 16, 2015
onuwaje:

I nr need reply. Get ready to b disappointed

What ever happens I won't be dissapointed, knowing the truth is good enough for me, besides I have no quarrels with the itsekiris... I can't count count the number of itsekiris I count as dear friends and even family. Until recently I was on the path of marriage with one even grin
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by onuwaje(m): 6:31pm On Oct 16, 2015
daxlasaint:

What ever happens I won't be dissapointed, knowing the truth is good enough for me, besides I have no quarrels with the itsekiris... I can't count count the number of itsekiris I count as dear friends and even family. Until recently I was on the path of marriage with one even grin
tongue
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by daxlasaint(m): 7:30pm On Oct 16, 2015
smiley the arguement don tire me ehn... let posterity sort this shii oout my brother
onuwaje:

tongue
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by onuwaje(m): 7:32pm On Oct 16, 2015
daxlasaint:
smiley the arguement don tire me ehn... let posterity sort this shii oout my brother
Normal levels

My annoyance is d fact dat u see an udu man claiming "urhobo get warri". Na dat one dey vex me ehn
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by daxlasaint(m): 7:52pm On Oct 16, 2015
onuwaje:

Normal levels

My annoyance is d fact dat u see an udu man claiming "urhobo get warri". Na dat one dey vex me ehn

I am an Udu man grin... and I never said Urhobos OWN warri, jst that Itsekiris dnt own all of it... warri township as created by the British I mean... na dem even get the fault, they should have named the newly created township something else
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by onuwaje(m): 8:29pm On Oct 16, 2015
daxlasaint:

I am an Udu man grin... and I never said Urhobos OWN warri, jst that Itsekiris dnt own all of it... warri township as created by the British I mean... na dem even get the fault, they should have named the newly created township something else

Dem full where I dey stay o

D only question I keep asking dem is
If everybody decides to go back to their villa and settledown.. will u b in warri?

Even if Britain name am xyz or abc e go still cause problem
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by daxlasaint(m): 8:34pm On Oct 16, 2015
onuwaje:

Dem full where I dey stay o

D only question I keep asking dem is
If everybody decides to go back to their villa and settledown.. will u b in warri?

Even if Britain name am xyz or abc e go still cause problem
true that...( the naming ish)...

Buh you just made my point kinda, if everyone were to go back to their villa, places like igbudu, agbassah, edjeba would still be urhobo ansestral homes
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by onuwaje(m): 9:10pm On Oct 16, 2015
daxlasaint:
true that...( the naming ish)...

Buh you just made my point kinda, if everyone were to go back to their villa, places like igbudu, agbassah, edjeba would still be urhobo ansestral homes
Yes but u'd find out those shouting "urhobo owns warri" will reduce by 70%
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by daxlasaint(m): 9:25pm On Oct 16, 2015
onuwaje:

Yes but u'd find out those shouting "urhobo owns warri" will reduce by 70%
true
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by onuwaje(m): 9:30pm On Oct 16, 2015
daxlasaint:
true
Correct guy
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by lawani: 9:18am On Dec 26, 2015
The Urhobos should have a state, the Itsekiri too and there should be clear borders. They have more population than some sovereign nations. With clear borders, the controversy will end. In some places in Europe, national borders run through bars, some tables on the right are in one nation while the ones on the left are in another. This is how the whole world should be arranged. In the recent past, the Itsekiri were more organised, farther back, it migght have been the Urhobos, the Itsekiri being more organised, became more prominent despite that they were not the majority by population. The problem can be solved by granting autonomy to the different groups. Any group, no matter how small, should be given autonomy over their affair, if that is what they want.

3 Likes

Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by johnwilson33399: 6:44am On Oct 09, 2016
for someone who claims not to be from warri , you clearly have something against the itsekiris . i would also like you to review the term "pitiable" you used in describing the itsekiri's .If you are going to educate people i would advise you get your facts straight , not come here and post stuffs based on hearsay.

1 Like

Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by BammyCreations: 8:20am On Oct 10, 2016
Bammys' Creations present to you this wonderful Online Training.

Fee - #500 to bank
OR
#700 recharge Card

Do it yourself. Distance is not a barrier. learn how to make Ankara Crafts and Designs for yourself, family, friends and clients.Make money, look good, and be fulfilled....

Learn How To Make:
Bags
Sandals 
Shoe Coverings
Purse 
Clutches
Slippers
Note pads
Phone pouch
Hand fan
Jwellry box
Earrings
Bangles
Necklaces

AND SO MANY MORE....

This training includes:
•pictures (videos)
•list of materials and where to get them
•Question & Answer
•Detailed explanation

Be trained and train others.. This could be your door of success...(Smiles)

please interested ppl should whatsapp me via 07068834345

Remember standing out is a serious business.

KINDLY RE-BROADCAST

Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 19, 2016
dennismukoro:
KOKO IS IN WARRI NORTH MOSTLY COVERED BY WATER.. AND THAT IS WERE OLU OF ITSEKIRI PALACE WAS SUPPOSE TO BE
Don't say wat u don't know, the olu of warri has his other palace at ode- itsekiri. But koko is the itsekiri capital. Ode itsekiri, it actually very big but not developed.
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2016
To end this argument, let urhobo, ijaw n itsekiri go back ancestral home, let's see who is left in warri. And for those claiming warri belongs to urhobo, why are the names of communities in warri itsekiri names.

1 Like

Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by fratermathy(m): 9:36pm On Oct 19, 2016
charliboy654:
To end this argument, let urhobo, ijaw n itsekiri go back ancestral home, let's see who is left in warri. And for those claiming warri belongs to urhobo, why are the names of communities in warri itsekiri names.

But you should know that Itsekiris came to the Delta from Ilaje, mostly. The first Olu was an Edo prince. In any case, if we are to go back to our ancestral homes, Itsekiris may have to return to ONDO STATE!

1 Like

Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by daxlasaint(m): 10:31pm On Oct 19, 2016
fratermathy:

But you should know that Itsekiris came to the Delta from Ilaje, mostly. The first Olu was an Edo prince. In any case, if we are to go back to our ancestral homes, Itsekiris may have to return to ONDO STATE!

not may have to... WILL have to... it doesnt matter what they call their king... question is... is he king indeed of warri or just in name? we all know the answer to that question!
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by YourNemesis: 11:49pm On Oct 19, 2016
fratermathy:

If Itsekiris return to Ondo state, then the Urhobos will have to return to BENIN CITY in Edo.
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by fratermathy(m): 12:32am On Oct 20, 2016
YourNemesis:

If Itsekiris return to Ondo state, then the Urhobos will have to return to BENIN CITY in Edo.

Not all Urhobos came from Benin. For instance, some of the Ughelli South Urhobos are related to Ijaw and studies show that IJAWS are the first settlers in the Delta. If anyone is to lay claim to Warri, trust me, Ijaws have the vantage point. Ijaws have been in the Delta far longer than any other tribe.

The Urhobos who left Udo, in Benin, settled in their land hundreds of years before Ilaje migrants, now Itsekiris, came for fishing and commercial activities. Urhobos have never laid claim to the whole of Warri but simply where their homelands are. Itsekiris are the ones boiling blood over Warri issue. Let them eat the title since it's food but to lay claim to aboriginal ownership of Warri is an aberration.

2 Likes

Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by YourNemesis: 12:35am On Oct 20, 2016
fratermathy:

Not all Urhobos came from Benin. For instance, some of the Ughelli South Urhobos are related to Ijaw and studies show that IJAWS are the first settlers in the Delta. If anyone is to lay claim to Warri, trust me, Ijaws have the vantage point. Ijaws have been in the Delta far longer than any other tribe.

The Urhobos who left Udo, in Benin, settled in their land hundreds of years before Ilaje migrants, now Itsekiris, came for fishing and commercial activities. Urhobos have never laid claim to the whole of Warri but simply where their homelands are. Itsekiris are the ones boiling blood over Warri issue. Let them eat the title since it's food but to lay claim to aboriginal ownership of Warri is an aberration.

Not all Itsekiris also came from the West.
Moreso the early Portuguese and British clearly documented Itsekiris/Jekris as Aboriginals to the Warri (Ouere), Escravos and Benin river regions and stated clearly that the Sobos were to be found further inland. The Itsekiris were the middlemen between the inland Sobos and the coast. They have clearly been there for a long long time indeed.
The Ijaws might be the first settlers in the Delta, but that does not mean their original homeland covered ALL the delta, uness you want to tell me a place like Sapele for example which is clearly in the Delta region is Ijaw land.

I understand that the "Warri' of today has expanded into a metropolis covering more land , mostly Urhobo land. That is not the issue here, Itsekiris are not dragging urhobo settlements in Warri with them. All the want is their ancestral lands in Warri. Mostly the original city core. The sensitivity of Itsekiris towards the Warri issue only makes sense. Even King solomon in the Bible was able to know which mother owned the living child by judging their attitudes. I won't take it easy if someone is trying to tamper with my ancestral heritage. Neither will you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

The Returned Oba’s Staff is Fake - Royal Prince Calls Out Oba Of Lagos (Video) / Emir Tafida Abubakar Ila Dies Hours After Hospitalisation / Common Yoruba Words Borrowed From Arabic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.