Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. (72091 Views)

Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand / Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards / The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by zeezboy(m): 6:31pm On Feb 15, 2015
onuwaje:

Even in the warri metropolis there re more itsekiri towns than urhobo so what re u saying
if u want 2 talk abat warri metropolis, jst 4get abat d itsekiris cos d urhobos occupies over 60% of warri metropolis!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by dennismukoro(m): 6:31pm On Feb 15, 2015
onuwaje:

Baseless and factless point... show mee ur evidence that olu of warri rented a land in his own domain??
SO I SHOULD GO THERE AND BRING PAPER SO U WILL SEE
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by onuwaje(m): 6:33pm On Feb 15, 2015
dennismukoro:
SO I SHOULD GO THERE AND BRING PAPER SO U WILL SEE
even a link from urhobo website waado.org never stated ur claim

1 Like

Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by AmazingDude(m): 6:33pm On Feb 15, 2015
dennismukoro:
URHOBO HAVE THE HIGHEST POPULATION IN DELTA WITH OVER 4MILLIONS PEOPLE. AND IS THE 5TH LARGEST TRIBE IN NIGERIA
It's Million not Millions. Again, Ibibio is 4th, Ijaws fifth not urhobos

1 Like

Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by Crownofwealth(m): 6:34pm On Feb 15, 2015
onuwaje:
this is what I call biased judgement

These re the only urhobo communities in warri south!

1.idimi sobo
2.agbassa
3.edjeba
4.okere-urhobo
5.ogunu

So how can u say such rubbish?

Abi u dey add uvwie LGA join warri?
Any one of these Urhobo community u listes are bigger than all itsekiri communities including koko.furthermore they are more populated than any itsekiri community.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by onuwaje(m): 6:34pm On Feb 15, 2015
zeezboy:

if u want 2 talk abat warri metropolis, jst 4get abat d itsekiris cos d urhobos occupies over 60% of warri metropolis!
I hope u re nt adding uvwie and udu LGAS to Warri?
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by dennismukoro(m): 6:34pm On Feb 15, 2015
zeezboy:

if u want 2 talk abat warri metropolis, jst 4get abat d itsekiris cos d urhobos occupies over 60& of warri metropolis!
URHOBOS HAVE OVER 7 COMMUNITIES IN WARRI NAMELY AGBASSA, IGBUDU,EDJEBA,OGUNU,OKERE URHOBO, ODUMUSOBO,IYARA ETC MORE THAN THE ITSEKIRI

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by ogele: 6:35pm On Feb 15, 2015
Am a Jonathan supporter. And for the fact Jonathan say him no get shoe when him dey small don confirm say Ijaw no dey stay for land. Na for water. Person wey they stay for land na dey where shoe. Abi I lie?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by dennismukoro(m): 6:35pm On Feb 15, 2015
onuwaje:
URHOBOS HAVE OVER 7 COMMUNITIES IN WARRI NAMELY AGBASSA, IGBUDU,EDJEBA,OGUNU,OKERE URHOBO, ODUMUSOBO,IYARA ETC MORE THAN THE ITSEKIRI

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by onuwaje(m): 6:35pm On Feb 15, 2015
Crownofwealth:
Any one of these Urhobo community u listes are bigger than all itsekiri communities including koko.furthermore they are more populated than any itsekiri community.
Anoda baseless argument and factless point...

Edjeba,ogunu,okere-urhobo,ekurede-urhobo bigger than koko??!!

3 Likes

Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by Bryancrox(m): 6:36pm On Feb 15, 2015
barcanista:
Op thank you. Well, I'm Ijaw frm Rivers State, this issue of Warri affects me so much because I have my brothers and sisters there. Well, I wouldn't want to go into any argument but I have to correct one impression. According to we the Ijaws, the word Warri originated from the Ijaw word "Wari" which means house. The Iwere stuff of the Itsekiri is unacceptable to us, and that is it.
The Itsekiris are more educated and the British favored them, the Oil Companies also favored them against the Ijaws. What is keeping the Ijaws today is Almighty God and our zeal to defend ourselves against every odd. The issue of Warri is a very special one, and I believe a roundtable discussion should be convoked to solve every grey area once and for all. However, the Ijaws will not seek to take what is not theirs and will not lose an inch of what belongs to them. God bless us all
10000000000(Likes) 100000000(Shares)

1 Like

Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by Ese144: 6:36pm On Feb 15, 2015
It is simple to know,who occupys majority of the land in warri?
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by dennismukoro(m): 6:36pm On Feb 15, 2015
onuwaje:
UDU, AND UVWIE LGA ARE OUTSIDE WARRI SOUTH LGA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by kennyok(m): 6:36pm On Feb 15, 2015
warri belong. to non of the above mention tribes but belong to all because if you would have witness the ethnic war that happened some years ago was not favorable to any tribe so at op dnt start ethical sentiment..

1 Like

Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by onuwaje(m): 6:37pm On Feb 15, 2015
dennismukoro:
Iyara is a street not a community oo

So u re saying itsekiri don't have more than 7 communities in warri?

Mind u warri comprises of 3LGA's o

1 Like

Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by dennismukoro(m): 6:37pm On Feb 15, 2015
Ese144:
It is simple to know,who occupys majority of the land in warri?
THE MAIN WARRI LAND IS OCCUPY BY THE URHOBOS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by zeezboy(m): 6:38pm On Feb 15, 2015
onuwaje:
onuwaje:
I hope u re nt adding uvwie and udu
LGAS to Warri?
no! Buh i cannot call warri a metropolis without adding uvwie 2 it!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by onuwaje(m): 6:38pm On Feb 15, 2015
dennismukoro:
UDU, AND UVWIE LGA ARE OUTSIDE WARRI SOUTH LGA
So u re saying 7 urhobo communities re more than the number of itsekiri communities in warri south?
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by Frankiss44(m): 6:39pm On Feb 15, 2015
Ishilove:

Please go and do more research! How is Delta generally Urhobo populated? angry That's a fallacy

What's your argument? How many local government areas does delta state have and how many belongs to the urhobos?

2 Likes

Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by dennismukoro(m): 6:39pm On Feb 15, 2015
onuwaje:

Iyara is a street not a community oo

So u re saying itsekiri don't have more than 7 communities in warri?

Mind u warri comprises of 3LGA's o
MAYBE TYPO ERRO I MEANT WARRI SOUTH WHICH IS THE BIGGEST AND THE MOST DEVELOPED.
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by onuwaje(m): 6:40pm On Feb 15, 2015
zeezboy:

This is d reason why many people feel urhobo owns warri.. they re adding uvwie and udu to warri that's the problem

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by Frankiss44(m): 6:40pm On Feb 15, 2015
zeezboy:

Exactly.. The main warri you hear about is even effurun and ekpan which is uvwie.. These two towns house most of the companies and grade A hotels in warri

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by dennismukoro(m): 6:40pm On Feb 15, 2015
onuwaje:

So u re saying 7 urhobo communities re more than the number of itsekiri communities in warri south?
BIG YES IF U DONT KNW. ITSEKIRI ENTIRE PUPULATION NOT UP TO 500K

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by Ishilove: 6:40pm On Feb 15, 2015
guass:

Which of them KPOMO or TOMATOES?
Dawadawa
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by litetias(m): 6:41pm On Feb 15, 2015
the urhobos
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by onuwaje(m): 6:42pm On Feb 15, 2015
dennismukoro:
MAYBE TYPO ERRO I MEANT WARRI SOUTH WHICH IS THE BIGGEST AND THE MOST DEVELOPED.
U mentioned only 7 communities which belong to urhobo in warri south
I am from warri south and I can mention more than 15 communities in warri south that belongs to itsekiri
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by dennismukoro(m): 6:42pm On Feb 15, 2015
Frankiss44:

Exactly.. The mean warri you hear about is even effurun and ekpan which is uvwie
UVWIE IA OUTSKIRT OF WARRI AND IS OCCUPY BY THE URHOBO.. EFFURUN COMMINITY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by dennismukoro(m): 6:43pm On Feb 15, 2015
onuwaje:

I am from warri south and I can mention more than 15 communities in warri south that belongs to itsekiri
NAME....... I CAN TELL U WERE THE BELONG
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by litetias(m): 6:43pm On Feb 15, 2015
dennismukoro:
Urhobo has more than 100 times the population of Itshekiri. Fact

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by onuwaje(m): 6:43pm On Feb 15, 2015
dennismukoro:
Imagine... itsekiri as a minority are roughly 1.5million and I have facts
Re: Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. by dennismukoro(m): 6:44pm On Feb 15, 2015
onuwaje:

I LEAVE IN WARRI DONT SAY WHAT U DONT KNW

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady With Tribal Marks Almost Committed Suicide (Photos) / The Returned Oba’s Staff is Fake - Royal Prince Calls Out Oba Of Lagos (Video) / Common Yoruba Words Borrowed From Arabic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.