Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

South-south Will Massively Support A Buhari Presidency - Opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-south Will Massively Support A Buhari Presidency - Opinion (1904 Views)

Northern Elders Vow To Defend Buhari Presidency / Fayose: Looters In Buhari's Presidency Burying Their Loot In Aso Villa / People That May Shape Buhari’s Presidency-Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South-south Will Massively Support A Buhari Presidency - Opinion by egift(m): 5:43pm On Feb 15, 2015
As General Muhammadu Buhari (retd) prepares for the task ahead in leading above her current challenges, I have seen some folks beating up their rusty chest that if Jonathan is voted out for his failures, that there will be crises in the Niger-Delta by militants to disrupt revenue generated through the Oil sector. This is a very wrong assertion - one disconnected from reality.

As we have seen in this 2015, unlike what was obtainable in 2011, General Buhari have far more supporters both among the elites and the voters in the Niger-Delta region. Not only is it a fact that Buhari will get more votes this 2015 that all his other outings combined, the region will also play leading roles in the next administration to see that dividends of democracy reaches everyone like it will in every other Regions of the Federation.

As for Militancy, MEND already supports Buhari. People like Asari and Tompolo can either make their communities a WarZone or work with Buhari to bring the needed Industrialization, Job Opportunities and Massive development to the South-South that has supported Nigeria for Decades with natural resources from the zone. The choice is theirs. Am optimistic they will make the right call for the sake of the good people of Niger-Delta. What SS need is not just more money, but projects, infrastructures and opportunities that will positively impact the lives of the people in true reflection of the wealth under their feet.

General Muhammadu Buhari's led government will not allow all the wealth and benefits that is accruable to the good people of Niger-Delta to settle only in the pocket of few greedy elites, while the masses suffer. No, that will not be allow to continue.

After 6yrs in power and Trillions of Naira spent, in Port Harcourt, President Jonathan accepted that he did nothing for the people of South South and resorted back to the same "I-Will-Do" that he promised them in 2011. We say No to Jonathan's incompetence.

Vote for Progress. Support Buhari for competent leadership. God bless Nigeria!

8 Likes

Re: South-south Will Massively Support A Buhari Presidency - Opinion by DickDastardly(m): 5:47pm On Feb 15, 2015
[s]
egift:
As General Muhammadu Buhari (retd) prepares for the task ahead in leading above her current challenges, I have seen some folks beating up their rusty chest that if Jonathan is voted out for his failures, that there will be crises in the Niger-Delta by militants to disrupt revenue generated through the Oil sector. This is a very wrong assertion - one disconnected from reality.

As we have seen in this 2015, unlike what was obtainable in 2011, General Buhari have far more supporters both among the elites and the voters in the Niger-Delta region. Not only is it a fact that Buhari will get more votes this 2015 that all his other outings combined, the region will also play leading roles in the next administration to see that dividends of democracy reaches everyone like it will in every other Regions of the Federation.

As for Militancy, MEND already supports Buhari. People like Asari and Tompolo can either make their communities a WarZone or work with Buhari to bring the needed Industrialization, Job Opportunities and Massive development to the South-South that has supported Nigeria for Decades with natural resources from the zone. The choice is theirs. Am optimistic they will make the right call for the sake of the good people of Niger-Delta. What SS need is not just more money, but projects, infrastructures and opportunities that will positively impact the lives of the people in true reflection of the wealth under their feet.

General Muhammadu Buhari's led government will not allow all the wealth and benefits that is accruable to the good people of Niger-Delta to settle only in the pocket of few greedy elites, while the masses suffer. No, that will not be allow to continue.

After 6yrs in power and Trillions of Naira spent, in Port Harcourt, President Jonathan accepted that he did nothing for the people of South South and resorted back to the same "I-Will-Do" that he promised them in 2011. We say No to Jonathan's incompetence.

[/s]
Only on Nairaland do people happily indulge in self deceit and illusion of this magnitude.
Written letters that made no sense. Pure thrash as usual cool
*Leaves thread fuming at man's level of degradation this days* tongue

9 Likes

Re: South-south Will Massively Support A Buhari Presidency - Opinion by Ikengawo: 5:47pm On Feb 15, 2015

7 Likes

Re: South-south Will Massively Support A Buhari Presidency - Opinion by egift(m): 5:49pm On Feb 15, 2015
APC Presidential Campaign In Rivers

7 Likes

Re: South-south Will Massively Support A Buhari Presidency - Opinion by nwafuluozoh: 5:50pm On Feb 15, 2015
Op change your weed supplier.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-south Will Massively Support A Buhari Presidency - Opinion by tit(f): 6:02pm On Feb 15, 2015
nwafuluozoh:

shocked shocked shocked

nuff said

4 Likes

Re: South-south Will Massively Support A Buhari Presidency - Opinion by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 15, 2015
Stop day dreaming dear OP! I am a fan of Buhari but not blinded by the love I have for him. I am certain he's gonna get votes in the South South but not massive.
It's a nice wish sha!
grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: South-south Will Massively Support A Buhari Presidency - Opinion by atlwireles: 6:07pm On Feb 15, 2015
OP NairaBet is taking bets on the election, please put your money where your mouth is. grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: South-south Will Massively Support A Buhari Presidency - Opinion by DevilishKiller: 6:08pm On Feb 15, 2015
Egift is a goat

4 Likes

Re: South-south Will Massively Support A Buhari Presidency - Opinion by ellechrystal(f): 6:53pm On Feb 15, 2015
egift:

The Igbo wey u smoke, them no select am well.

6 Likes

Re: South-south Will Massively Support A Buhari Presidency - Opinion by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 15, 2015
[s][/s]
DickDastardly:
[s][/s]
Only on Nairaland do people happily indulge in self deceit and illusion of this magnitude.
[/s][s]
Re: South-south Will Massively Support A Buhari Presidency - Opinion by CaptainAmerica1: 7:14pm On Feb 15, 2015
Barcanista, is this true?
Re: South-south Will Massively Support A Buhari Presidency - Opinion by suwailad(f): 7:19pm On Feb 15, 2015
DevilishKiller:
Egift is a goat
DickDastardly:
[s][/s]
nwafuluozoh:
tit:

shocked shocked shocked
nuff said
Ikengawo:

Look at them, Fear, desperation and failure is showing allover them. They have nothing meaningful to contribute because they have lost steam.

2 Likes

Re: South-south Will Massively Support A Buhari Presidency - Opinion by Kagame: 7:24pm On Feb 15, 2015
@ OP

People are not so enthusiastic about Buhari in the SS.

A lot of people might not be so impressed with GEJ,but GMB is no option for them.

In rivers state ,die hard APC supporters chant Dakuku for Governorship and GEJ for presidency.

You even hardly see much of Buhari's posters in town.

Unlike PDP supporters that attach GEJ's pics to their campaign posters,APC supporters do not attach Buhari's pics for fear of a possible backlash that could result in a loss of votes/support.

One lesson in Nigerian politics - all politics are local!

4 Likes

Re: South-south Will Massively Support A Buhari Presidency - Opinion by egift(m): 8:01pm On Feb 15, 2015
Kagame:
@ OP
People are not so enthusiastic about Buhari in the SS.
A lot of people might not be so impressed by GEJ,but GMB is no option for them.
In rivers state ,die hard APC supporters chant Dakuku for Governorship and GEJ for presidency.
You even hardly see much of Buhari's posters in town.
Unlike PDP supporters that attach GEJ's pics to their campaign posters, APC supporters do not attach Buhari's pics for fear of a possible backlash that could result in a loss of votes/support.
One lesson in Nigerian politics - all politics are local!

adeyemi2015:
Stop day dreaming dear OP! I am a fan of Buhari but not blinded by the love I have for him. I am certain he's gonna get votes in the South South but not massive.
It's a nice wish sha!
grin grin grin

@BOLD:
Check my Title, I said his Presidency. Meaning his administration when elected. Buhari will certainly execute more projects in Niger-Delta than Jonathan who is still saying - "I-Will-Do" after yrs in power.
Re: South-south Will Massively Support A Buhari Presidency - Opinion by egift(m): 8:05pm On Feb 15, 2015
atlwireles:
OP NairaBet is taking bets on the election, please put your money where your mouth is. grin grin grin grin

Am not a gambler. Am a realist. That we are not sending our cash to NairaBet does not imply we are not going to vote our preferred candidate.

Sai Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: South-south Will Massively Support A Buhari Presidency - Opinion by stebell(m): 8:14pm On Feb 15, 2015
Egift aka egoat, has ur weed supplier increased ur supplies??

Btw, who and who is in MEND. If they still exists and they hate GEJ like yu claim, why havnt we heard of any attack credited to them. Egoat, go sleep for inside gutter. Na there fit yu.

Here in the South Side is 100% GEJ. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-south Will Massively Support A Buhari Presidency - Opinion by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 15, 2015
In westlife voice √i have a dream.....a song to sing .....√
Re: South-south Will Massively Support A Buhari Presidency - Opinion by egift(m): 8:19pm On Feb 15, 2015
stebell:
[s]Egift aka egoat, has ur weed supplier increased ur supplies?? [/s]

Btw, who and who is in MEND. If they still exists and they hate GEJ like yu claim, why havnt we heard of any attack credited to them. Egoat, go sleep for inside gutter. Na there fit yu.

Here in the South Side is 100% GEJ. grin

Like I said, people like you Asari and Tompolo can either make their communities a WarZone or work with Buhari to do the needful.

Vote whoever you like. But ones Buhari is declared winner, the region will support Buhari Presidency.
Re: South-south Will Massively Support A Buhari Presidency - Opinion by emiye(m): 8:22pm On Feb 15, 2015
I expect a sizeable chunk from Edo and Rivers, (at least 10% from delta, bayelsa, cross river and Akwa ibom).

I dont believe it will be massive, but i expect a minimum of 15% from the region.
Re: South-south Will Massively Support A Buhari Presidency - Opinion by focus7: 8:47pm On Feb 15, 2015
Then that will leave Jonathan as south east presidential candidate.
Re: South-south Will Massively Support A Buhari Presidency - Opinion by stebell(m): 9:33pm On Feb 15, 2015
egift:

Like I said, people like you Asari and Tompolo can either make their communities a WarZone or work with Buhari to do the needful.

Vote whoever you like. But ones Buhari is declared winner, the region will support Buhari Presidency.

Your Buhari will be dealt a big blow dis tym. I tot yu children of anger said GEJ can't shift the elections. I laff at yu now. Yu and ur party can't do ish.
Buhari is a plague and plagues can't be president. Egoat.
Re: South-south Will Massively Support A Buhari Presidency - Opinion by size38: 10:16pm On Feb 15, 2015
This is no public opinion. Rather it is a fact that Buhari will get more votes from the south-south this time around. Am from Rivers state in d south-south zone of this country. I have long done away with GEJ and his PDP. On the day GEJ forced himself into Adokiye Amiesemaka stadium, the newly built stadium by governor Amaechi. Holy spirit arrested GEJ right there where he made a confessional statement that he didn't do anything for Rivers state. That if given another chance, he will do better. Just that day alone, he lost some of his supporters to APC.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gen. Buhari, Gov Amaechi And El-rufai At Rivers Heath Centre (pics) / Attack Of Nigerians In South Africa- A Call For Action And Reprisal In Nigeria! / #soundoff: The Glaring Difference Between Stella Oduah And Babatunde Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.