Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,071 members, 7,845,506 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Great Disadvantages Of Buying Those Work Materials Yourself. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Great Disadvantages Of Buying Those Work Materials Yourself. (543 Views)

Advantages And Disadvantages Of Pure Water Factoryi / The Disadvantages Of Electronic Banking / !!!PROMO!!! Sick Of Buying Petrol Or Diesel? Need 24/7 Electricity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Great Disadvantages Of Buying Those Work Materials Yourself. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 15, 2015
More often than not, while in a bid to reduce cost, clients tend to buy materials themselves. Some buy it because they feel contractors will cheat them. I hereby give you strong reasons why you should let the contractor do the buying.

1. Materials differ from each other.

Using my own field as an example, to be more specific, using cables, the distance each cable can go before significant attenuation takes place differs from each other. The pull rate, the maximum bend radius, and the resistance are always different. You being a novice might not be able to differentiate between them.

2. Your reason for buying the materials will be defeated

Trust me, sellers will know you have no idea about those materials the moment you enter their store and I can bet you they'll rip you off. You'll end up spending more than the contractor would have charged.

3. You'll most likely end up buying fake materials

For every material out there, there seems to be a fake one. I once went to a shop at Oshodi to get a booster for DSTV. After he gave it to me, I looked at it and told him to give me the original. The seller simply collected it and gave me the original. He would have sold the fake to me at the price of the original if I couldn't differentiate them.

I could go on and on but I strongly believe these are more than enough.

Yes, contractors will charge you more, but you'll have rest of mind and the job quality will be top notch
Re: Great Disadvantages Of Buying Those Work Materials Yourself. by orpeeh: 9:43pm On Feb 15, 2015
True talk
Re: Great Disadvantages Of Buying Those Work Materials Yourself. by odimbannamdi(m): 1:19am On Feb 16, 2015
" contractors will charge you more, but you'll
have rest of mind and the job quality will be top
notch!"

thats the part i strongly disagree with you.
most times, even after letting them but the materials and still charge you, they will still do a substandard work for you with substandard materials.

it takes the grace of God to find honest workers/contractors these days
Re: Great Disadvantages Of Buying Those Work Materials Yourself. by Nobody: 9:25am On Feb 16, 2015
odimbannamdi:
" contractors will charge you more, but you'll
have rest of mind and the job quality will be top
notch!"

thats the part i strongly disagree with you.
most times, even after letting them but the materials and still charge you, they will still do a substandard work for you with substandard materials.

it takes the grace of God to find honest workers/contractors these days

I completely agree. Some contractors are just concerned about the moment. Ripping clients off and making excess money is all that matters, the word reputation doesn't exist in their dictionary.

Some of us however care about our reputation as we understand the implications of having a bad name.

My advice to clients is for them to strive to find such contractors.
Re: Great Disadvantages Of Buying Those Work Materials Yourself. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 16, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Is This A SCAM? / Good Bye To NEPA, Get It Now / In Need Of Shopping Site For Importation Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.