Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

E.histolytica Causes Erectile Dysfunction? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / E.histolytica Causes Erectile Dysfunction? (1221 Views)

"Doggy Style Causes Cancer & Stroke" – South Africa’s Health Minister, Motsoaled / ‘smoking Causes Erectile Dysfunction / See The Rat That Causes Lassa Fever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

E.histolytica Causes Erectile Dysfunction? by zomoears(m): 12:58am On Feb 16, 2015
Doctors in the house. Please is there any chance that amoebiasis causes erectile dysfunction?

Recently I have been battling with recurring amoeba infection. I have a lot of gas and my stool usually contains slippery-like stuff. I have been given metronidazole for 5 days, as usual. This gives me relief for say 2 months, then symptoms return again.

More worrisome of recent is d fact that I have started having irritation along d insides of my penile duct. Also, I can't sustain like I used to during intercourse.

is there a relationship?Help needed.

Cc: balogun
Sissy3
Re: E.histolytica Causes Erectile Dysfunction? by YemziAdez(m): 3:58am On Feb 16, 2015
E.histolytica is a protozoan parasite(specifically under the order Sarcodina), and it's mode of transmission is through the consumption of the parasite's cyst either from contaminated water or through the consumption of the cyst via eating of vegetables. Symptoms of the infection includes Diarrhea, Dysentry and in severe cases due to the damage of the blood vessels & capillaries The individual may experience blood/mucous in his/her stool.The parasite may also migrate to the lungs causing asthma. This parasite may also pave way for secondary bacterial infections if not treated properly.
There have been no reported cases of the parasite causing erectile dysfunction. Pls do see the Doctor for proper diagnosis.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

8 Weeks 5 Days Since Lmp But Ultrasound Measured Me At 5 Weeks 3 Days / A Women Who You Won’t Believe Actually Exist / Is Cancer Curable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.