Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,143 members, 7,815,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Are You Still Complaining? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are You Still Complaining? (424 Views)

Headmistress Demoted For Complaining About Non-payment Of Salaries To Gov. Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are You Still Complaining? by ShehuAba(m): 8:46am On Feb 16, 2015
Waking up this morning is really a favour from God. Seeing another new day is something you should ever be grateful about. Been able to move your hands, legs, eyes, etc. effortlessly is something you have no option than to thank God for. Yes, things might not be going your way, but the gift of life is enough a bounty to be appreciative about.

I don’t want to sound like a preacher but I have to talk to you like one. It is true that we face varying challenges daily, and sometimes have no option than to complain. Yes, we complain about virtually everything in life, most especially when things don’t turn out the way we expected. But is it okay to complain?

The above just reminded me of a prayer which we religiously make in my primary school days during the break period. It goes thus: “Some have food, but cannot eat, some can eat but have no food, we have food and we can eat…” This prayer connotes and summarizes what life really means, it succinctly reveals the realities and challenges of life to all discerning minds, it buttresses the fact that, things might not turn out as you want always, and goes ahead to reveal what to do in any situation you find yourself, which is to thank God for everything.

Why complain?

Today is a new day, tomorrow is another, so why should you judge yourself with things happening to you today, why should you worry so much about those things you are unable to get today, forgetting that you can get them tomorrow without any much ado. Sometimes, you have to be sincere and truthful to yourself, you need to tell yourself the bitter truth that: In as much as you complain, many people out there wish to be in your shoes. Many people out there wish they enjoy the privileges which you currently enjoy.

As a student in the university, you complain about how the lecture schedules have been tight and how you have no time for yourself, in fact you look at your results and you are unsatisfied with it. But, have you forgotten the fact that: many a student out there wishes to undergo the same stress you are facing? They want to be in school and not have time for themselves too; they appreciate the fact that you are an undergraduate and pray to God fervently to help them as he has done for you. Likewise, you might be unsatisfied with your results but some of your colleagues wish they were in your shoes too; they look at your result as something they can also aspire to have. So friend, why are you complaining?

Okay it is been a while you graduated, and unfortunately you have not landed for yourself that dream job of yours, whereas most adventures you lay your hands on have been unsuccessful to say the least. Some of your colleagues whom you graduated with are now enjoying the fruits of been graduates. But if I may ask you, do you think that is all for you, don’t you ever envisage a better tomorrow? Or have you forgotten that some colleagues of yours whom you started together were unable to graduate due to many reasons. Yes, some of your colleagues passed away during the course of the study, some were so ill that they just have to stop school. But here you are healthy and living well, only that you are yet to land for yourself that dream job, and you complain?

Hmm…

Well I can go on and on. But I have come to realize one thing in life, which I hold religiously and it will be necessary to share with you: “you don’t always get what you want in life”. Life is a win-win situation; you win some and lose some.

Happiness and sadness are integral parts of a person’s life. “If you want to lead a happy and successful life, always look at those who are looking up to you, this will make you appreciative, but if you look at those whom you are looking up to always, you will always complain.”

http://naijainspirationalhub.com/are-you-still-complaining/

(1) (Reply)

Need Your Help Urgently / Hello Jambites / Reason Why Students Are Failing Woefully In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.