Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty (51520 Views)

20 Owners Of Richest Oil Blocks In Nigeria – Their Names Will Shock You. / 20 Owners Of Richest Oil Blocks In Nigeria – Their Names Will Shock you! Post / Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks Owners Exposed: Names & Detail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by pazienza(m): 9:01pm On Feb 16, 2015
Ilekeh:

So the problem is that there are more Yorubas and Hausas than Ibos sharing Nigerian oil?

Lol if that's the problem you have with it, then case closed. You're not ready for a new Nigeria.

All I'm saying it, Ibos also steal from "our oyel".

Trash! It was only at the dawn of democracy that the Odua-Arewa gang up, had to throw some crumbs of the national cake to their lapdogs from the east,that they needed to do dirty jobs for them and help them retain power.

Obj, a rep of the gang up was the one that raised up the likes of Emeka offor and Uba, by throwing some crumbs of national cake to them,before 1999,where was Uba?

5 Likes

Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by femimike1(m): 9:02pm On Feb 16, 2015
angry Vanity upon vanity ...
Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by Volksfuhrer(m): 9:13pm On Feb 16, 2015
bushdoc9919:

When it comes to looting and corruption, my friend.,.....it is Nigerians United!

As the old National anthem says...

Though tribe and tongue may differ
In Brotherhood we stand
......brotherhood of the oil blocs wink

I couldn't help but laugh at this.
Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by Iyowuski: 9:30pm On Feb 16, 2015
the only reason i read through this post was to see if i could see my girl father's name.....

wow!! she said the truth all along..
Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by rhames(m): 10:56pm On Feb 16, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Drilling for oil is easy. You are just bringing out the unrefined crude for sale.Which is what those oil bloc guys are doing.

Building a refinery? Essentially....a refinery turns crude into petrol, diesel, kerosene, Aeroplane fuel, engine oil....and a host of other products...including petroleum jelly. That means a lot of specialized equipment....which means a lot of money.A whole lot of money.

Dangote plans to build a refinery for $9bn.....$3Bn of which is his own money....the remainder is a loan from the bank. I doubt anyone on the above list is THAT rich.(unless they all want to pool resources together to build us a refinery.)

that's why Dangote will continue to be a model for Nigerian nay African businessmen and women for a long time to come.
Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by rhames(m): 11:02pm On Feb 16, 2015
They can as well build modular refineries which can refine under 50,000 barrels per day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by Nobody: 11:08pm On Feb 16, 2015
NoContract:

Wetin you sabi pass Nairabet and Jedi. People like you (and those that 'liked' your post) are one of the reasons Nigerians don't have basic amenities. Because the money supposed to be used are being looted by some certain oil block goons.

Fool. Go play your Nairabet. Educated illiterate.

If you want to hide something from a black man, put it in a book. They dont read.

U said nothing.
I read.
I don't read rubbish.

I dint read your post
Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by emmysoftyou: 12:14am On Feb 17, 2015
kipin it 4 record sake
Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by Jostie(m): 12:19am On Feb 17, 2015
I feel like crying, it's obvious the people of the nation has no maturity in terms of handling money. The only remedy is harsh discipline on Nigerians so that they will know the value of God's blessings. So many countries are not blessed with wealth but they have shown the world that progress is not all about having wealth but maturity in terms of handling money. I've changed my mind, i don't want to be ruled again by a kindergarten president. GMB for 2015
Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by stankezzy: 12:32am On Feb 17, 2015
Why every body is calling the hausas, is because all the major Wells are owne d by them.
minor well produces 2000-3000b/day =100000 $=N20000000=twenty million
major well produces around 300000b/day=15000000$=N3000000000=three billion every day
and you still want to die fighting to keep it after having it for almost 15 years
when your region does not even produce zero oil,
the most annoying thing about the hausas is that the money is only for him and his family, other relatives will be leaving in poverty.

1 Like

Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by laoma15(m): 2:53am On Feb 17, 2015
Everyday for the thieves but one day for the owners.

Everything that has a beginning always has an end....

The Judgment is on the way.

1 Like

Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by sundoj08(m): 3:02am On Feb 17, 2015
They say our son is not good enough to govern. They want to return to power in order to continue raping our resources.[/quote] By your son do you mean GEJ. if that's it then your statement is so flawed cos i would expect him as the president for the past 4-6 yrs to do something about that if his people truly feel aggrieved except he's obviously part of the problem ..
Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by caesaraba(m): 3:25am On Feb 17, 2015
rusher14:

[b]No need to bring bigotry into business.

Kase Lawal for instance owned oil blocks in the US before extending his tentacles to his country of origin.

There are equally people from the Niger Delta who've ventured into the business such as Avuru, Briggs who you fail to mention.

I also see that names like Offor you failed to highlight for whatever reason you deem necessary.

I'm equally from the Niger Delta and I think we tend to overhype oil.

Yes, many have become stupendously rich from this venture but you should also realise not all are making a killing.

Oil isn't the only source of revenue for individuals, companies or nations.

IT brings in more income for instance than you can even imagine if in doubt look at how much Apple makes compared to our country.

Many of the oil blocks you see hardly produce enough to offset the initial costs.

I can never begrudge anyone who's followed due process in acquiring an oilfield or wealth in any form.

I think we all should do the same.[/b]

A Niger-deltan can put thoughts together like this? Wow! Impressive. Bravo.
Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by zanga420: 4:59am On Feb 17, 2015
Ilekeh:
I see Ibo names. So I guess the thieving of oil is not a Yoruba/Northern thing?

Mtchewwww. Hypocrites will later say Yorubas-Hausa wants to suck this land dry, while Ifeanyi Uba is sucking it like Nigeria's a nip..ple and he's a new born baby
corruption in nigeria is like rigging the other cries because he was rigged out not because he didnt rig at all.
Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by kenlash1(m): 6:18am On Feb 17, 2015
I thought they said most of d oil blocks are owned by notherners? Bt from wat I see , the southerners own more than enof especially those from southeast nd southwest. We have been told dis lie for too long . GEJ won't do sh!t about revoking of licence cos some of his croonies own most of d blocks. Nuffsaid !!!
Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by mbulela: 7:59am On Feb 17, 2015
naijababe:

Will you marry me?! tongue We share a common ideology.
tongue I go tell your oga.
Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by OgologoDimkpa: 8:02am On Feb 17, 2015
darediamond:
You ended your comment wrongly big time.
Never uyou say GEJ till 2019 again.
Start saying GEJ till the FAKE country called "Naigeria" get dissolved.
GEJ till we revert back to Regional Govermental System
GEJ till 2019!!
DOn't you get it?
Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by MrEverest(m): 9:08am On Feb 17, 2015
This is so unfair to the people of South-south, this is a clear case of monkey dey work, baboon dey chop! It's so annoying that their people are not even among the roll call of oil well owners, it is only the marginal ones that a few names like Briggs, Tonye, etc cropped up, yet they are the people that suffer from oil pollution, the effect or losses from the destruction of farmlands & water bodies can not be overemphasized since their livelihood, especially for those in the rural areas depends largely on it. To make matters worse, the usurpers & those benefiting from their misery are also giving the impression that their son is not good enough to be in Aso rock! This is so unfair but let it be known that there is a limit to which you can oppress someone, even if the person is your slave, without running the risk of a serious backlash. To me, the people of South-south has little or nothing to loose if they decide to go on all out revolt against the Nigerian state. The amount of information at the disposal of the masses, of the goings-on, the injustice & and all is unprecedented & it needs a little spark to ignite a conflagration that has the potency to consume all & sundry. GEJ should not, would not & must not be stampeded out of Aso rock if we really have the interest of Nigeria at heart. Nobody is a fool, Goodluck is being harangued not because he has not performed but simply of hate & intolerance!

1 Like

Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by geraldben(m): 10:09am On Feb 17, 2015
i cnt believe this,the corruption in d oil sector is outstanding.civil war tins
Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 17, 2015
mbulela:

tongue I go tell your oga.

Tatafo angry
Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by dubemivan(m): 11:17am On Feb 17, 2015
hmmm... how wonderful and rewarding it is to own an oil block! But the bitter truth is this, "We came into this world with nothing and we shall leave this Earth someday with nothing" what then will become of the amassed wealth is that those left behind will enjoy them. Money isnt everything and a man's life consist not in the abundance of things he had for what shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and loss his soul? Life is beautiful only in sharing and making people happy, outside this is just a wasted and an unfulfilled life. God help us!
Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by ABAKA72(m): 11:45am On Feb 17, 2015
dridowu:
I don't care who owns oil block , all i care for is better Nigeria which would be head by #GMB15
Always running away from the truth. Bloody ostrich. You don't care about those who deprived you of your common wealth but you keep complaining about poverty.
Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by dridowu: 12:01pm On Feb 17, 2015
ABAKA72:
Always running away from the truth. Bloody ostrich. You don't care about those who deprived you of your common wealth but you keep complaining about poverty.
@bolded, i love it when people like you show their hidden talent, i hope you showing it @ home also, keep it up.
When a REAL leader takes over, all those milking this country dry will give up the act or face the consequence.
And the REAL leader is #GMB15
Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by mbulela: 2:41pm On Feb 17, 2015
naijababe:

Tatafo angry
I always look out for his best interest.
Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by erico2k2(m): 5:45pm On Feb 17, 2015
Ilekeh:

So the problem is that there are more Yorubas and Hausas than Ibos sharing Nigerian oil?

Lol if that's the problem you have with it, then case closed. You're not ready for a new Nigeria.

All I'm saying it, Ibos also steal from "our oyel".
Are the Igbos,yoruba and Housa in the Niger Delta?you failed in your analysis in the first instance, most of our young men don't know the geographical stratification of Nigeria and we claimed to be well informed.
Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by erico2k2(m): 5:46pm On Feb 17, 2015
MrEverest:
This is so unfair to the people of South-south, this is a clear case of monkey dey work, baboon dey chop! It's so annoying that their people are not even among the roll call of oil well owners, it is only the marginal ones that a few names like Briggs, Tonye, etc cropped up, yet they are the people that suffer from oil pollution, the effect or losses from the destruction of farmlands & water bodies can not be overemphasized since their livelihood, especially for those in the rural areas depends largely on it. To make matters worse, the usurpers & those benefiting from their misery are also giving the impression that their son is not good enough to be in Aso rock! This is so unfair but let it be known that there is a limit to which you can oppress someone, even if the person is your slave, without running the risk of a serious backlash. To me, the people of South-south has little or nothing to loose if they decide to go on all out revolt against the Nigerian state. The amount of information at the disposal of the masses, of the goings-on, the injustice & and all is unprecedented & it needs a little spark to ignite a conflagration that has the potency to consume all & sundry. GEJ should not, would not & must not be stampeded out of Aso rock if we really have the interest of Nigeria at heart. Nobody is a fool, Goodluck is being harangued not because he has not performed but simply of hate & intolerance!
Exactly, eh South South is being marginalized, no one from the South South owns a bloc.

1 Like

Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by erico2k2(m): 5:48pm On Feb 17, 2015
VirginFinder:
This issue has been overflogged and is laced with a lot half-truths, outright falsehood and crass ignorance.

A professional in the industry made a thorough analysis of this issue sometime in 2013.

OPL means Oil Prospecting Licence. At that stage no one makes a dime, you have only been allowed to explore the land for oil deposits. And you even pay for the licence.

OML means Oil Mining Licence.
However, not all the oil fields are profitable.

In all, only 4 indigenous companies are doing so well in the upstream oil sector where this oil field issue belongs - Adenuga's, Alakija's, Danjuma's and Seplat.

I couldnt find Dangote's name in any of the lists, yet he is richer than all of them.

If the oil fields are so profitable to the tune of billions of dollars, why are most of the beneficiaries not on Forbes' list?

Nonsense!
Their names aint there cos they are fronting for somebody.
Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by bukatyne(f): 11:59am On Feb 18, 2015
EreluY:
[size=16pt]EITHER BY OMISSION OR COMMISSION, BUHARI'S NAME ISN'T MENTION IN THIS PIECE IN TERMS OF RECEIVING OR ALLOCATING OIL FIELD, MEANING HIS HANDS ARE CLEAN. NOTED.[/size]

Is Jonathan's name there?
Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by Orikinla(m): 6:44pm On Feb 21, 2015
bukatyne:

Is Jonathan's name there?
[size=14pt]GEJ has stakes in different oil blocks.[/size]
Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by bukatyne(f): 8:57am On Feb 23, 2015
Orikinla:

[size=14pt]GEJ has stakes in different oil blocks.[/size]

Are we sure Buhari doesn't have stakes also
Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by odinese(m): 3:07am On Mar 01, 2015
Let the youths rule for once naah
Re: 30 Facts About Owners Of Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks In The Midst Of Poverty by Chiaka(f): 12:34pm On Apr 29, 2015
dridowu:
I don't care who owns oil block , all i care for is better Nigeria which would be head by #GMB15

Oil blocks should be owned by the communities where they are found that's the right thing to do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Officers Training In The Desert (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Visits Alex Ekwueme, Says "I Will Obey Him" / New Nigerian Navy Ship Stops Over In Ghana. Greeted By Ghanaian Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.