Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

20 Things That, If Used More Often, Can Change Your Life Completely! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 20 Things That, If Used More Often, Can Change Your Life Completely! (1520 Views)

5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA / 18 Things People who attended UNILAG can completely relate To / Great Offer To Dubai That Will Change Your Life Completely. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Things That, If Used More Often, Can Change Your Life Completely! by shevymania(m): 3:13pm On Feb 16, 2015
It seems as if many people in society have lost their manners and are too wrapped up in themselves, to care about what is happening with others. However, being polite can make a difference. Not only does being polite make someone else feel better, but it can also make you feel great as you know you are doing your part to put a smile on someone’s face. Here are 20 things that we don’t say enough, but we should start saying more often. Maybe you’ll find one that you don’t use enough, but you can start using today.

1 Hello
People are so caught up in their smart phones and social media profiles that it’s almost as if taking their attention away from it is causing them some sort of physical pain. Because of that, people shy away from saying something that should be so simple. Hello doesn’t take much, so it should certainly be something we say more of.

2 Good Job
Too often people are competing with one another and trying to do whatever it takes to get ahead. Sure, there is a need for a bit of room for competition and drive, but there should also be a place for congratulating other people in your life. Whether it’s a family member who did well at school or a coworker who earned a promotion, “good job” goes a long way.

3 I Believe In You
Hearing someone else believes in you is a great motivational factor. Those who feel embarrassed or ashamed by something can quickly turn their mindset around if someone they care about tells them that they believe in them. But this doesn’t have to just be before a big dance recital or business meeting. Instead, “I believe in you” can be used for general terms to be a good person and do the right thing.

4 I Believe In Myself
Not only is it important to boost up other people, but it’s equally as valuable to boost yourself as well. If you have been beating yourself up for something that you did in your past, it’s time to turn it around and start believing in yourself.

5 I Appreciate That You Did That For Me
People are busy with their own lives and things to do. So, if someone takes time out of their schedule, it’s important that you appreciate their assistance. People don’t have to help or lend a helping hand. But you can bet that the more appreciative you are, the more likely they’ll continue doing it in the future as well.

6 You’re Welcome
If someone tells you that they appreciate what you did for them, whether it be helping them with their car or simply holding a door open, take the time to acknowledge their gratification. A simple, “you’re welcome” goes a long way to let them know that you are listening to them and that their appreciation is, well, appreciated.

7 I Love You
When is the last time you told someone you love how you felt? Whether it’s a family member, a close friend or even a pet, telling them you love them is a great way to open the heart. More than most other phrases, I love you has plenty of emotional attachment to it, meaning that it means just a bit more. However, when it goes too long without being said, it can be hurtful to not hear it.

8 I Miss You
If you miss someone, tell them. Who knows, maybe they are missing you too. Instead, many people feel as if they cannot open up to others and show their feelings. Telling someone that you miss them doesn’t mean you are reliant on them, it just means you miss their company and like it when they are around.

9 I’m Sorry
If you mess up, acknowledge it. Nobody likes to be wrong, but even more people don’t like to be associated with someone who is wrong and cannot admit it.

10 It Will Be Okay
If you mess up, or you know someone else who messes up, tell them it’s going to be okay. Little things can often seem quite big in the moment. However, taking a deep breath and saying that things will be okay will help everyone relax.

11 You Are My Friend
Sure, you may spend time with someone at work for 40-hours a week or even hit the gym together. However, imagine how much better that relationship would be if someone took the step to tell the other that they are friends.

12 Let’s Agree To Disagree
Just because you don’t agree with something that someone says, that doesn’t mean you cannot be friends. Instead, tell them that it’s best to agree to disagree. This can help avoid conflict, while also stating your opinion and listening to theirs.

13 I Felt That Way Too
If someone tells you they are scared, happy, hopeful or whatever other type of emotion, let them know of a time you’ve felt the same way. When they hear that their feelings are not unusual, it will help them deal with the situation more easily.

14 Take Your Time
Everyone is always in such a rush, when is the last time that you heard someone say, “take your time?” Don’t be afraid to let someone cut in front of you at the store or take an extra moment to pump their gas. After all, unless it’s an emergency, you can take the time to enjoy the situation instead of rushing through it.

15 Can You Help Me
If you can’t do something, don’t be afraid to ask for help. People will appreciate that you trust their opinion and want their help, which will help build stronger relationships and bonds.

16 I’m Not Sure
Instead of just making up an answer every time someone asks you a question, if you don’t know, just tell them that you are not sure. That doesn’t mean you are unintelligent or stupid, it just means you don’t want to give them the wrong information.

17 You’re Amazing
What’s better than saying, “great,” “cool,” “neat,” or anything else along those lines? How about “you’re amazing!” Amazing gives that extra bit of emphasis that really boosts it up a notch above all those other trendy words.

18 Have You Thought That Out?
If you think that someone is doing something wrong or going to make a bad choice, tell them that you think that. But instead of demeaning their decision, ask them if they have thought it out. It’ll give them a chance to know that you may not be on the same page and they need to rethink their decision.

19 Saying Nothing At All
Sometimes the best thing you can say is nothing at all.

20 Anything Positive
If you have no idea what to tell someone and your mind has gone completely blank with anything on this list, just say something positive! People love hearing compliments and it will help you build relationships. Tell them you like their shirt, their shoes, their hair, the way they walk, their accent, their stories, anything. There is so much to choose from, and it only takes one to really make a difference in someone’s life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Things That, If Used More Often, Can Change Your Life Completely! by ammyluv2002(f): 3:15pm On Feb 16, 2015
Powerful
Re: 20 Things That, If Used More Often, Can Change Your Life Completely! by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 16, 2015
Long but really nice
Re: 20 Things That, If Used More Often, Can Change Your Life Completely! by Maccoy1(m): 3:19pm On Feb 16, 2015
Nice one....
Re: 20 Things That, If Used More Often, Can Change Your Life Completely! by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 16, 2015
Hmmmmm!
Re: 20 Things That, If Used More Often, Can Change Your Life Completely! by auntymi(f): 3:52pm On Feb 16, 2015
Kk
Re: 20 Things That, If Used More Often, Can Change Your Life Completely! by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 16, 2015
21. Brain

All have it. Few use it.
Re: 20 Things That, If Used More Often, Can Change Your Life Completely! by ellahzy(f): 5:19pm On Feb 16, 2015
21. We are all in this together.

22. You are special

1 Like

Re: 20 Things That, If Used More Often, Can Change Your Life Completely! by dnacrystal: 5:20pm On Feb 16, 2015
Ah too long. Let me go and buygala first, then come back and read it.
Re: 20 Things That, If Used More Often, Can Change Your Life Completely! by JayTeeA(f): 8:52pm On Feb 16, 2015
Nairalanders (mysef inclusive) need to learn number 12! lets learn to peacefully disagree n make our point without mean words nau..

mehn nairaland bashing can make oyibo man commit sucide grin emotional trauma!
Re: 20 Things That, If Used More Often, Can Change Your Life Completely! by MzCorleone(f): 11:29pm On Feb 16, 2015
21. The word of God if used more often will change ur life.
Re: 20 Things That, If Used More Often, Can Change Your Life Completely! by blessedvisky(m): 12:30am On Feb 17, 2015
JayTeeA:
Nairalanders (myself inclusive) need to learn number 12! lets learn to peacefully disagree n make our point without mean words nau..

mehn nairaland bashing can make oyibo man commit suicide grin emotional trauma!
true words bro. sometimes I go through comments in some threads, especially politics section and I wonder if its people that are being cursed and bashed or is it robots. some of those bashing can really shake a person who is emotionally unbalanced or shaky. meanwhile this is what most of them are like.

Re: 20 Things That, If Used More Often, Can Change Your Life Completely! by Nobody: 7:14am On Feb 17, 2015
shevymania:
It seems as if many people in society have lost their manners and are too wrapped up in themselves, to care about what is happening with others. However, being polite can make a difference. Not only does being polite make someone else feel better, but it can also make you feel great as you know you are doing your part to put a smile on someone’s face. Here are 20 things that we don’t say enough, but we should start saying more often. Maybe you’ll find one that you don’t use enough, but you can start using today.

1 Hello
People are so caught up in their smart phones and social media profiles that it’s almost as if taking their attention away from it is causing them some sort of physical pain. Because of that, people shy away from saying something that should be so simple. Hello doesn’t take much, so it should certainly be something we say more of.

2 Good Job
Too often people are competing with one another and trying to do whatever it takes to get ahead. Sure, there is a need for a bit of room for competition and drive, but there should also be a place for congratulating other people in your life. Whether it’s a family member who did well at school or a coworker who earned a promotion, “good job” goes a long way.

3 I Believe In You
Hearing someone else believes in you is a great motivational factor. Those who feel embarrassed or ashamed by something can quickly turn their mindset around if someone they care about tells them that they believe in them. But this doesn’t have to just be before a big dance recital or business meeting. Instead, “I believe in you” can be used for general terms to be a good person and do the right thing.

4 I Believe In Myself
Not only is it important to boost up other people, but it’s equally as valuable to boost yourself as well. If you have been beating yourself up for something that you did in your past, it’s time to turn it around and start believing in yourself.

5 I Appreciate That You Did That For Me
People are busy with their own lives and things to do. So, if someone takes time out of their schedule, it’s important that you appreciate their assistance. People don’t have to help or lend a helping hand. But you can bet that the more appreciative you are, the more likely they’ll continue doing it in the future as well.

6 You’re Welcome
If someone tells you that they appreciate what you did for them, whether it be helping them with their car or simply holding a door open, take the time to acknowledge their gratification. A simple, “you’re welcome” goes a long way to let them know that you are listening to them and that their appreciation is, well, appreciated.

7 I Love You
When is the last time you told someone you love how you felt? Whether it’s a family member, a close friend or even a pet, telling them you love them is a great way to open the heart. More than most other phrases, I love you has plenty of emotional attachment to it, meaning that it means just a bit more. However, when it goes too long without being said, it can be hurtful to not hear it.

8 I Miss You
If you miss someone, tell them. Who knows, maybe they are missing you too. Instead, many people feel as if they cannot open up to others and show their feelings. Telling someone that you miss them doesn’t mean you are reliant on them, it just means you miss their company and like it when they are around.

9 I’m Sorry
If you mess up, acknowledge it. Nobody likes to be wrong, but even more people don’t like to be associated with someone who is wrong and cannot admit it.

10 It Will Be Okay
If you mess up, or you know someone else who messes up, tell them it’s going to be okay. Little things can often seem quite big in the moment. However, taking a deep breath and saying that things will be okay will help everyone relax.

11 You Are My Friend
Sure, you may spend time with someone at work for 40-hours a week or even hit the gym together. However, imagine how much better that relationship would be if someone took the step to tell the other that they are friends.

12 Let’s Agree To Disagree
Just because you don’t agree with something that someone says, that doesn’t mean you cannot be friends. Instead, tell them that it’s best to agree to disagree. This can help avoid conflict, while also stating your opinion and listening to theirs.

13 I Felt That Way Too
If someone tells you they are scared, happy, hopeful or whatever other type of emotion, let them know of a time you’ve felt the same way. When they hear that their feelings are not unusual, it will help them deal with the situation more easily.

14 Take Your Time
Everyone is always in such a rush, when is the last time that you heard someone say, “take your time?” Don’t be afraid to let someone cut in front of you at the store or take an extra moment to pump their gas. After all, unless it’s an emergency, you can take the time to enjoy the situation instead of rushing through it.

15 Can You Help Me
If you can’t do something, don’t be afraid to ask for help. People will appreciate that you trust their opinion and want their help, which will help build stronger relationships and bonds.

16 I’m Not Sure
Instead of just making up an answer every time someone asks you a question, if you don’t know, just tell them that you are not sure. That doesn’t mean you are unintelligent or stupid, it just means you don’t want to give them the wrong information.

17 You’re Amazing
What’s better than saying, “great,” “cool,” “neat,” or anything else along those lines? How about “you’re amazing!” Amazing gives that extra bit of emphasis that really boosts it up a notch above all those other trendy words.

18 Have You Thought That Out?
If you think that someone is doing something wrong or going to make a bad choice, tell them that you think that. But instead of demeaning their decision, ask them if they have thought it out. It’ll give them a chance to know that you may not be on the same page and they need to rethink their decision.

19 Saying Nothing At All
Sometimes the best thing you can say is nothing at all.

20 Anything Positive
If you have no idea what to tell someone and your mind has gone completely blank with anything on this list, just say something positive! People love hearing compliments and it will help you build relationships. Tell them you like their shirt, their shoes, their hair, the way they walk, their accent, their stories, anything. There is so much to choose from, and it only takes one to really make a difference in someone’s life.

Brilliant
Re: 20 Things That, If Used More Often, Can Change Your Life Completely! by Valfrankie(m): 11:23am On Feb 17, 2015
It's always easy to assume difficult things are easy to say or do, because the other person could do it in a minute without berthing an eyelid. But introverts like us 'll tell you otherwise, we are too emotional to use words freely. Nice list anyway

(1) (Reply)

Accounting Course Outline In Oau Needed Urgently / How To Study Free In The United States Of America / Federal College Of Education okene In Affliation With University Of Ibadan (ui)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.