Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,002 members, 7,849,036 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:42 PM

Great Disadvantages Of Buying Those Work Materials Yourself. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Great Disadvantages Of Buying Those Work Materials Yourself. (329 Views)

APC Accused Of Buying Votes In Auchi And Orhiowon / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Buhari Heading The Petroleum Sector / Advantages & Disadvantages Of Fuel Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Great Disadvantages Of Buying Those Work Materials Yourself. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 16, 2015
More often than not, while in a bid to reduce cost, clients tend to buy materials themselves. Some buy it because they feel contractors will cheat them. I hereby give you strong reasons why you should let the contractor do the buying.

1. Materials differ from each other.

Using my own field as an example, to be more specific, using cables, the distance each cable can go before significant attenuation takes place differs from each other. The pull rate, the maximum bend radius, and the resistance are always different. You being a novice might not be able to differentiate between them.

2. Your reason for buying the materials will be defeated

Trust me, sellers will know you have no idea about those materials the moment you enter their store and I can bet you they'll rip you off. You'll end up spending more than the contractor would have charged.

3. You'll most likely end up buying fake materials

For every material out there, there seems to be a fake one. I once went to a shop at Oshodi to get a booster for DSTV. After he gave it to me, I looked at it and told him to give me the original. The seller simply collected it and gave me the original. He would have sold the fake to me at the price of the original if I couldn't differentiate them.

I could go on and on but I strongly believe these are more than enough.

Yes, contractors will charge you more, but you'll have rest of mind and the job quality will be top notch

(1) (Reply)

Two Words of Advice For The PDP Goons! / Lets Vote Right In 2015 / Who Is A Saint Politician In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.