Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,642 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Currency Devaluation: Naira Now 210 To Dollar, 314 to Pound - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Currency Devaluation: Naira Now 210 To Dollar, 314 to Pound (867 Views)

Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket / Five Oil Exporters Affected By Currency Devaluation Most / Advantages/disadvanteges Of Currency Devaluation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Currency Devaluation: Naira Now 210 To Dollar, 314 to Pound by lolaxavier(m): 1:40pm On Feb 17, 2015
The Naira, on Monday, February 16, fell a further N2 and is now selling at N210 to the Dollar at the Bureau De Change (BDCs) segment of the official market.
However, at the black market, the Naira is said to be selling as high as N213 to the dollar.
According to the News Agency of Nigeria, a dealer said that the depreciation is most likely due to the closure of trading at the interbank market by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
The Naira is also selling at N307 to the pound in BDCs and N314 at the black market while the Naira-Euro exchange rate is N235 in BDCs and N237 in the black market.
According to Bloomberg, the Naira has tumbled 17 percent over the past three months and may further decline to an exchange rate of N263 to the dollar.

One can only imagine where we are heading in this country...Naija which way nah...

http://pulse.ng/local/currency-devaluation-naira-now-210-to-dollar-id3489568.html

Re: Currency Devaluation: Naira Now 210 To Dollar, 314 to Pound by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 17, 2015
cool Ngozinomics....you go fear okonjo iweala after five straight years of selling crude above benchmark .....no excess crude money...no foreign reserve ....economy in free fall...no real economist managing Nigeria's economy... GEJ I hail o....only $1billion dollars missing from NNPC..... grin

3 Likes

Re: Currency Devaluation: Naira Now 210 To Dollar, 314 to Pound by lolaxavier(m): 1:50pm On Feb 17, 2015
SmartChoices:
cool Ngozinomics....you go fear okonjo iweala after five straight years of selling crude above benchmark .....no excess crude money...no foreign reserve ....economy in free fall...no real economist managing Nigeria's economy... GEJ I hail o....only $1billion dollars missing from NNPC..... grin

It is just a shame what the country has become. No accountability...Everyone is just stealing at free will...No wahala...carry go..

1 Like

Re: Currency Devaluation: Naira Now 210 To Dollar, 314 to Pound by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 17, 2015
lolaxavier:

It is just a shame what the country has become. No accountability...Everyone is just stealing at free will...No wahala...carry go..
like Soludo said Okonjo should go and re enrol at UI dept of economics...wonder y all this American certificate holders are usually empty brained
Re: Currency Devaluation: Naira Now 210 To Dollar, 314 to Pound by IAMBREEZY: 1:57pm On Feb 17, 2015
That country nigeria is already doomed no doubt.
Re: Currency Devaluation: Naira Now 210 To Dollar, 314 to Pound by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:59pm On Feb 17, 2015
If GEJ going outta Aso Rock will stop this better, but I still don't like buhari..
Re: Currency Devaluation: Naira Now 210 To Dollar, 314 to Pound by lolaxavier(m): 2:02pm On Feb 17, 2015
SmartChoices:
like Soludo said Okonjo should go and re enrol at UI dept of economics...wonder y all this American certificate holders are usually empty brained

And later they will come and tell us the economy will be the biggest in 2050...when i go don dey prepare to go to the other side of the world.
Thunder fire una...

1 Like

Re: Currency Devaluation: Naira Now 210 To Dollar, 314 to Pound by theM16: 2:07pm On Feb 17, 2015
SmartChoices:

Very empty brain o. I neva liked dt okonjo of a woman since d time she claimed she was earnin more in world bank(like say we neva c world bank executive b4) than as a minister in naija! Naija wey I knw say jst chop post for 1yr n ur life wil nt remain d same. Dt woman na scam

1 Like

Re: Currency Devaluation: Naira Now 210 To Dollar, 314 to Pound by lolaxavier(m): 2:11pm On Feb 17, 2015
theM16:

Very empty brain o. I neva liked dt okonjo of a woman since d time she claimed she was earnin more in world bank(like say we neva c world bank executive b4) than as a minister in naija! Naija wey I knw say jst chop post for 1yr n ur life wil nt remain d same. Dt woman na scam

u dey vex ooo. smiley

(1) (Reply)

How Is This Possible (ebay,aliexpress And Jumia Connected?) / Currency Converter: Convert Any Currency Into Naira In Real Time / Dangote Cement For N1,000 Advertised Online Fraud Or Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.