Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency (1399 Views)

Kenyan Football Fans Sexually Assault A Lady Inside Bush (pics) / Couple Had Sex In Bush After Church, Caught And Beaten Up By Angry Youths / George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency by nigerianvenom(m): 2:27pm On Feb 17, 2015
Former President George W. Bush explained
Thursday that he has avoided publicly criticizing
President Obama because he feels it would
undermine the office of the presidency.

“I don’t think it’s good for the country to have a
former president undermine a current president; I
think it’s bad for the presidency for that matter,”
Mr. Bush said Thursday evening on Fox News’
“Hannity,” Mediaite reported .

The former president said that, though he follows
politics and is “very aware of what’s going on,”
he has no interest in generating headlines for
himself by bashing his successor.

“Secondly, I really have had all the fame I want,”
he continued. “I really don’t long for publicity.
And the truth of the matter is in order for me to
generate publicity I’d have to either attack the
Republican Party, which I don’t want to do, or
attack the president, which I don’t want to do.
And so I’m perfectly content to be out of the
limelight.”

www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/nov/16/george-w-bush-says-he-avoids-criticizing-obama-out/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency by nigerianvenom(m): 2:30pm On Feb 17, 2015
AN ELDER STATE-BOY;
We have Gowon, we have Shehu Shagari, we
have Ernest Shonekon, we have Abdusalami but
they have conducted themselves with respect,
talking wen necessary.
But this ur man keeps talking like a market
woman.
Even with all his abominable acts!
Anyway it just means that the man is still a
child, just that he has mistakenly gathered
white hairs, grown pot tommy & plenty of
irrelevant years for nothing,
he still acts like a kid, tearing papers up &
down!
& maybe soon will chew his PVC in public !

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency by mrking3(m): 2:34pm On Feb 17, 2015
now this is how a responsible statesman behaves. Unlike the Baboon we have at Otta farm that talks like he owns Nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 17, 2015
The guy above me don't need to mention any name in that we all know who he's talking about by intuition grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency by bgates: 2:39pm On Feb 17, 2015
front page

1 Like

Re: George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 17, 2015
A true elder statesman

1 Like

Re: George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency by Bugatie(m): 2:41pm On Feb 17, 2015
That's a a former president talking, not some ex prisoner who luck shined on!

6 Likes

Re: George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency by nzeadachie: 2:45pm On Feb 17, 2015
DON'T MIND NIGERIAN FORMER PRESIDENT, THE GREEDY AND SHAMELESS BEAST

4 Likes

Re: George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency by MeAndYou(m): 2:45pm On Feb 17, 2015
That is why they call you Bush Man.
Here in Nigeria, our former president dont mind dancing naked in the market just to paint the presidency black.

So, Mr Bush... who is wiser?
Re: George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency by MalcoImX: 2:49pm On Feb 17, 2015
nigerianvenom:
AN ELDER STATE-BOY;
talking wen necessary.
woman.
down!
Check OBJ's antecedents, there's no way he wouldn't talk when he believes something is wrong. It is not personal. Like Gani, he has criticized every government one could think of. He has every right to do so, as those criticizing him have those rights too, as Nigerians. He hasn't done any wrong by this. In fact, we're grateful to OBJ, cos we don't know how it could have been without those cautionary pro-people inputs from his type.
Re: George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency by utytill(m): 2:59pm On Feb 17, 2015
Obj u see ur life? true elderstaLeman

3 Likes

Re: George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 17, 2015
Where is OBJ? Someone should go and get him here. angry

OBJ, Learn from George Bush. I Strongly believe George wrote this because he's seen the follies of this ex-president.

2 Likes

Re: George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency by ShakurM(m): 3:05pm On Feb 17, 2015
Just like ' Pls return my pen before u 4get it's not ur own '

Obama don get the msg, Bush.

So presidential seat is more important than the Pple. angry

Their own political campaign n badmouth is actually worse than Ours! #fact
Re: George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency by naijareferee: 3:09pm On Feb 17, 2015
NA DEADI BODY WAY GET TIME THEY GO MORTUARY....

BUSH IS ACTUALLY GAINFULLY OCCUPIED...I CANT SAY FOR HIS COUNTERPART IN SOUTHWESTERN NIGERIA
Re: George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency by rawpadgin(m): 3:11pm On Feb 17, 2015
MalcoImX:
Check OBJ's antecedents, there's no way he wouldn't talk when he believes something is wrong. It is not personal. Like Gani, he has criticized every government one could think of. He has every right to do so, as those criticizing him have those rights too, as Nigerians. He hasn't done any wrong by this. In fact, we're grateful to OBJ, cos we don't know how it could have been without those cautionary pro-people inputs from his type.
u re grateful to obj?

2 Likes

Re: George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency by Tallesty1(m): 3:12pm On Feb 17, 2015
nigerianvenom:
AN ELDER STATE-BOY;
talking wen necessary.
woman.
down!
I don't think his teeth are that strong.

1 Like

Re: George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency by francizy(m): 3:16pm On Feb 17, 2015
They say that with age comes more wisdom and maturity. But reverse is the case in Nigerian politics when a man as old as a great grandfather still talks and acts like a child. The worst part is that people are here cheering him and lauding his juvenile and senile attitude..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency by major466(m): 3:18pm On Feb 17, 2015
“Secondly, I really have had all the fame I want,”
he continued. “I really don’t long for publicity.
And the truth of the matter is in order for me to
generate publicity I’d have to either attack the
Republican Party, which I don’t want to do, or
attack the president, which I don’t want to do.
And so I’m perfectly content to be out of the
limelight."
Now that's how Former Presidents behave themselves after leaving office, transforming themselves into States men. Unlike Obasanjo who goes about attacking the President every minute like a motor park tout.

1 Like

Re: George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency by MalcoImX: 3:19pm On Feb 17, 2015
rawpadgin:
u re grateful to obj?
Without any doubt.
Re: George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency by bjdon: 3:21pm On Feb 17, 2015
MalcoImX:

Please do not EVER dare to compare Gani and Obasanjo. Gani was a true giant of truth and justice. Obasanjo is nothing more than a hypocritical tyrant, who try's to portray himself as some kind of saint when in fact he's actually the biggest daemon of all.

3 Likes

Re: George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency by MalcoImX: 3:43pm On Feb 17, 2015
bjdon:

Please do not EVER dare to compare Gani and Obasanjo. Gani was a true giant of truth and justice. Obasanjo is nothing more than a hypocritical tyrant, who try's to portray himself as some kind of saint when in fact he's actually the biggest daemon of all.
That cannot take away his right to criticize as he has been doing. And my comparison to Gani is to lay it bare for you that some people outspokenness is not limited to certain peoples and regimes.
Re: George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency by Orunto: 4:09pm On Feb 17, 2015
Thank You G. Bush. That is Democracy, Presidency and Civilization, the way it should be.. I wish the Nigerian elites will learn from this and behave.
Re: George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency by unlimitedbosco: 4:17pm On Feb 17, 2015
nairaland can teach obj how to behave seun mods please fp
Re: George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency by mrking3(m): 8:07pm On Feb 17, 2015
please mr seun and super mods do the needful! this piece is front page worthy! I know you guys won't waste a second to push stories like "donjazzy fleet of cars" to front page! Obasanjo needs to learn that somethings are better left unsaid! He has just lost the little respect Nigerians have for him! He talks like he's flawless! yet this is the same man that decleared the previous election DO OR DIE! Just wondering what moral ground he has to speak ill of Jonathan publicly even when he appears to be worst than the incubent president himself. I strongly believe this piece of words from Bush was directed to Obasanjo. I wish he could read it and learn what it takes to be a civilized elder statesman.

(1) (Reply)

Basurin: Kiev Has Amassed 238 Tanks, 101 Ceasefire Violations Over The Past Wee / Goodbye Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, We Shall Not Miss You / Lessons From The U.S. Civil War Show Why Ukraine Can't Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.