Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Bus And Truck Engines, Gearboxes And Other Spare Parts (OM422, OM442, Etc...) - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Bus And Truck Engines, Gearboxes And Other Spare Parts (OM422, OM442, Etc...) (2021 Views)

Own An E-commerce Website To Promote Selling Your Cars And Other Spare Parts. / Make Your Choice Of Cars,buses And Truck From Cotonu Using Ckcarmat / Toyota Vehicle Engines,gearboxes,general Auto Spare Parts And Accessories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bus And Truck Engines, Gearboxes And Other Spare Parts (OM422, OM442, Etc...) by TrucksAndBusses: 8:15pm On Feb 17, 2015
Hi, my father-in-law has a large "scrap yard" in Poland where he takes apart mainly busses and trucks. he has many customers from Germany, Ukraine and a lot of people exporting engines and gear-boxes to African and Arabic countries. I was looking into this matter, searching on goolge, but I mainly found stories about people in Europe, Asia and USA taking apart entire cars and packing 5 or more cars into containers and shipping them to Nigeria and Benin. But i did not find anything specific about truck and bus parts. Maybe someone can shed some light on this matter. I hope someone can answer some of my questions or maybe provide me with some informative links to web pages.

My questions:

1. What countries are the best destination for such bus and truck engines?

2. Is there a website where I can check prices of these engines in Nigeria or other african countries? Or maybe someone on this forum knows these "standard market prices" for some engines and gearboxes and can name some examples for different models?

3. From what locations are these parts "mainly" shipped to Africa? At first I thought Italy is the closest way to Africa, but I read on German websites that they mainly ship from Hamburg, Germany or Antwerp, Belgium(which is a bit cheaper).

4. Are there any specific makes and models which are particularly sought after or looked for in Nigeria, Benin and other parts of Africa? My father-in-law has many different makes and models in stock. Some examples: Mercedes Benz(OM402, OM422, OM442, Atego 2528,...), Scania(112, 113,...), DAF(2866, XF 95,...), MAN(26.463), Iveco, Leyland(SW-400, SW-680 Turbo), Kamaz, Steyr, Renault(Premium 420 dci, Magnum 390, 440), MACK and others...

So, if anyone can help and provide me with information, feel free to contact me on this forum or directly to my Email: kaakaa95@o2.pl

Re: Bus And Truck Engines, Gearboxes And Other Spare Parts (OM422, OM442, Etc...) by TrucksAndBusses: 2:51pm On Feb 18, 2015
Does anyone have some answers for me? Please help me, if you know an answer to my questions. Thanks.
Re: Bus And Truck Engines, Gearboxes And Other Spare Parts (OM422, OM442, Etc...) by ngcars(m): 3:03pm On Feb 18, 2015
There is big market for mack, daf , man deisel, iveco in Nigeria. You will sell these ones here in Nigeria easily.

You can hardly see Renault trucks here, but there is a big market for Renault in Benin republic.
Re: Bus And Truck Engines, Gearboxes And Other Spare Parts (OM422, OM442, Etc...) by TrucksAndBusses: 2:32pm On Feb 19, 2015
ngcars:
There is big market for mack, daf , man deisel, iveco in Nigeria. You will sell these ones here in Nigeria easily.

You can hardly see Renault trucks here, but there is a big market for Renault in Benin republic.

Hi ngcars, thanks for your reply. You seem to know a few things, that might be of help. I don't want to be too offensive or rude. just need some basic information if you can help. Is there a more direct way to get in touch with you? Via Email or some kind of messaging App for your phone? (WhatsApp, Viber, Facebook Messenger, 2go, etc...)

Thanks a lot. Greetings,
Boris
Re: Bus And Truck Engines, Gearboxes And Other Spare Parts (OM422, OM442, Etc...) by omo4dollars: 12:47am On May 25, 2016
TrucksAndBuses. While not reach me on: foreigntrader365@gmail.com +2348061507051 My special interest is on KAMAZ Trucks Spare Parts. We can partner/cooperate together to market it in Nigeria/Africa. Contact me and lets discuss business.

(1) (Reply)

Sold!!!!Land Rover Defender / Accident Free Tokunbo Honda Accord 2011 / Volkswagen Passat 2013 Model@ N

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.