Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,266 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira (16737 Views)

Diezani Alison-Madueke Released On Bail - TVC News / Diezani Alison-madueke’s Neighbours Relieved / Check Here If You Want To Marry Deizani Alison's Daughter !! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by msmon(m): 1:55am On Feb 18, 2015
Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, yesterday, described as mere fabrication, allegations by her traducers that she spent N10 billion in leasing jets for her use.

The minister, who spoke in an interaction with some senior journalists in Abuja, said she was being framed by her accusers for merely rising up to change the Nigerian oil industry for the benefit of the country.

According to her, the lease of jets to run the highly technical and competitive oil industry is a common practice around the globe, since it is more cost- effective than buying.

The minister said it would have been unwise for anyone to spend N10 billion in leasing jets, an amount which can conveniently buy three new jets depending on the type.

She, however, admitted that although the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, had a jet that was meant for her use, she was advised by aviation experts to sell it off since it was bought and parked abroad for some years, thereby raising safety concerns.

The minister said the hiring of jets for official function was a normal practice which had been in existence since the inception of NNPC and that it was meant to enable the corporation carry out its oversight functions over players in the sector.

[b]She said: “When I started work as minister, there was an oil aircraft but I was advised not to use it because of safety issues and we had to lease some planes for use. I was advised that it was more cost effective to lease planes for our operations.

“Based on what we were advised, and having added the figures, we felt satisfied it was better to be leasing plane for use. For the N10 billion, one can buy three planes. I don’t know how they came about that huge figure ascribed to me. It is unfortunate for some people to just sit down and accuse people without any fact or figure.[/quote]

Describing the allegation of spending the huge amount on private jets as disappointing, Madueke said the NNPC, under her, had been most transparent since its inception, as she had tried to improve the system of corporate governance in accordance with global best practice.

The minister, however, decried the tendency by some Nigerians to bring her down, pointing out that she would not be distracted by such antics since she had a job to do for the country.

On the non-passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB, the minister blamed it on several factors, among them, key players in the oil industry and vested political interests in the country.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/n10bn-jet-story-against-me-mere-fabrication-alison-madueke/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by politricks: 2:13am On Feb 18, 2015
My skin crawls whenever i hear this woman speak.

46 Likes

Re: Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by kestolove95(m): 2:15am On Feb 18, 2015
Dnt wori..u wil xplain to baba buhari betr

111 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by Pebcak: 2:22am On Feb 18, 2015
the fear of jail time is the beginning of wisdom, but if these folks really want to apply wisdom they better start investing in the NIGERIAN PRISON SYSTEM because all things being equal i see a lot of people in there for "stealing" sorry "corruption"

92 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by chiefolododo(m): 2:37am On Feb 18, 2015
I will like to be d efcc chairman under buhari s government ,the likes of okonjo, madueke , oduah will be seriously dealt with

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by bestridetravel: 2:40am On Feb 18, 2015
Let God's will be done in Nigeria. Hating on one another won't solve anything

check my signature

7 Likes

Re: Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by naijaking1: 2:45am On Feb 18, 2015
Nne, you don't have to waste your time on this crazy allegation. This allegation, Sanusi's $40 allegation, and Oduah's allegations were the test run organized media campaigns PR jobs for APC. There has never been any substance to it, and they knew it, but the practice gave rise to what we have today: a better cordinated campaign than GEJ's.

22 Likes

Re: Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by reporter1: 3:05am On Feb 18, 2015
Madam don't you think it's more appropriate to explain to the national Assembly which you and JEG have been dodging for over a year!
Explaining yourself to journalists is not the same as clearing your name with the NA.
Madam do the needful and oblige the NA

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by egift(m): 3:18am On Feb 18, 2015
Team Jonathan new campaign strategy - Denial of the highest order. What shameless administration!

Operation Rescue Nigeria - Sai Buhari.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by Ikengawo: 3:21am On Feb 18, 2015
politricks:
Jesus. Maybe there's something wrong with you?

9 Likes

Re: Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by Ikengawo: 3:22am On Feb 18, 2015
chiefolododo:
I will like to be d efcc chairman under buhari s government ,the likes of okonjo, madueke , oduah will be seriously dealt with
maybe you have issues with women?

18 Likes

Re: Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by politricks: 3:28am On Feb 18, 2015
Ikengawo:
Jesus. Maybe there's something wrong with you?
Not at all, its just that i hate her with passion because of her corrupt mind. She is one of the five presidents remember?

35 Likes

Re: Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by tit(f): 3:44am On Feb 18, 2015
politricks:
Not at all, its just that i hate her with passion because of her corrupt mind. She is one of the five presidents remember?

you hate and you want to carry out justice.
people like you should not be anywhere near public office.

be careful, you may end up at bar beach.

10 Likes

Re: Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by politricks: 3:49am On Feb 18, 2015
tit:

you hate and you want to carry out justice.
people like you should not be anywhere near public office.

be careful, you may end up at bar beach.
Shut up i dont talk to robots.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by argon500: 3:56am On Feb 18, 2015
Ms Ojuyobo, I heard you are the one pushing Jonathan to extend the election date. do not worry, if you guys like, shift it to next year,jail await you

14 Likes

Re: Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by rebranded(m): 4:27am On Feb 18, 2015
Now shes ready to talk..election time or fear of buhari

I just pray Buhari can enter and help clean up all these people that have destroyed Nigeria

15 Likes

Re: Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by Ikengawo: 4:40am On Feb 18, 2015
politricks:
so because someone wrote on a piece of paper she's "a five president" you now hate her with a passion? How did you develop enough hate inside of your soul to be able to point to another person and say you hate them "with a passion"? I'm PDP to the bone but can't name anyone I "hate" in APC just because I'm not a hateful person. You might have a personal issue. Remember you're someone's future father.

16 Likes

Re: Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by Nobody: 4:49am On Feb 18, 2015
Ikengawo:
so because someone wrote on a piece of paper she's "a five president" you now hate her with a passion? How did you develop enough hate inside of your soul to be able to point to another person and say you hate them "with a passion"? I'm PDP to the bone but can't name anyone I "hate" in APC just because I'm not a hateful person. You might have a personal issue. Remember you're someone's future father.
as if we are not aware of the countless attacks you've carried out on tinubu. Abeg shift. All you and your tribe does is to defend corrupt public office holders just cos they are your kins.

33 Likes

Re: Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by rebranded(m): 4:50am On Feb 18, 2015
Ikengawo:

Good you dont hate o!..cos if all your abuse on APC supporters is not, we dont want to see when you HATE then..coming to talk TRASH here like saint

11 Likes

Re: Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by sCun: 4:58am On Feb 18, 2015
politricks:
Eczema is your problem.

9 Likes

Re: Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by tit(f): 5:05am On Feb 18, 2015
politricks:
Shut up i dont talk to robots.

you have so much hate and anger inside you.
please, go and see a doctor before you harm yourself.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by Ikengawo: 5:09am On Feb 18, 2015
rebranded:

Good you dont hate o!..cos if all your abuse on APC supporters is not, we dont want to see when you HATE then..coming to talk TRASH here like saint

No hate from me. I attack APC but I don't hate them and have never stated so.

2 Likes

Re: Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by Nobody: 5:26am On Feb 18, 2015
Ikengawo:

No hate from me. I attack APC but I don't hate them and have never stated so.
attacking is as a result of hate. Had. It been you used the word criticize, you would have made sense.

12 Likes

Re: Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by Ikengawo: 5:37am On Feb 18, 2015
Segeggs:
attacking is as a result of hate. Had. It been you used the word criticize, you would have made sense.

a lot of the time I don't only criticize, I attack. This is fine and normal in political election season. I still don't HATE anyone though.

2 Likes

Re: Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by RockMaxi: 5:51am On Feb 18, 2015
Finally she has been able to find her lost voice after the PWC report.

3 Likes

Re: Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by tunex23: 5:55am On Feb 18, 2015
msmon:
Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke,
yesterday, described as mere fabrication, allegations by her traducers that she spent N10 billion in leasing jets for her use.

The minister, who spoke in an interaction with some
senior journalists in Abuja, said she was being
framed by her accusers for merely rising up to
change the Nigerian oil industry for the benefit of
the country.

According to her, the lease of jets to run the highly
technical and competitive oil industry is a common
practice around the globe, since it is more cost-
effective than buying.

The minister said it would have been unwise for
anyone to spend N10 billion in leasing jets, an
amount which can conveniently buy three new jets
depending on the type.

She, however, admitted that although the Nigerian
National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, had a jet
that was meant for her use, she was advised by
aviation experts to sell it off since it was bought and
parked abroad for some years, thereby raising safety concerns.

The minister said the hiring of jets for official
function was a normal practice which had been in
existence since the inception of NNPC and that it
was meant to enable the corporation carry out its
oversight functions over players in the sector.

Describing the allegation of spending the huge
amount on private jets as disappointing, Madueke
said the NNPC, under her, had been most
transparent since its inception, as she had tried to
improve the system of corporate governance in
accordance with global best practice.

The minister, however, decried the tendency by
some Nigerians to bring her down, pointing out that
she would not be distracted by such antics since she had a job to do for the country.

On the non-passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill,
PIB, the minister blamed it on several factors,
among them, key players in the oil industry and
vested political interests in the country.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/n10bn-jet-story-against-me-mere-fabrication-alison-madueke/
Oleeeeeeeeee!!!

9 Likes

Re: Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by danot1030: 5:59am On Feb 18, 2015
Why did she refused to appear before the house committee for enquiry to clear herself, liar.
Re: Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by tunex23: 5:59am On Feb 18, 2015
Number 3 in our president ranking, she is even more powerful than the clueless one who is number 5.
In an Organise society that woman should b cooling off in Jail ryt now, but this is Naija were stealing is not corruption!

Shame on PDP!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by Burger01(m): 6:23am On Feb 18, 2015
PD.Pigs, always denying since 1850undecided
Re: Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by wirinet(m): 6:26am On Feb 18, 2015
Oga Madam said a lot but without actually saying anything. So here are the questions that need answers.

How much was the actual sum she used in leasing jets fot her use?

How much was the NNPC jet sold for? and where is the money?

If her administration is the most transparent since its inception, where is the corporation's audited annual report as demanded by law?

Where is the missing(unaccounted for) $1.48 billion as revealed by PWC report. In fact where is the report itself? Why has it been kept under wraps since it was submitted to the president?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira by stinggy(m): 6:34am On Feb 18, 2015
That feeling when you know you are being lied to but you really don't care again because March 28 is very close grin grin

Continue Diezanni, I know you haven't been collecting salaries since you started as the Minister sef angry

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Declare War On Armed Herdsmen / Wike Begs Niger Delta Avengers To Accept Dialogue / NPA: How Hadiza Bala-Usman disobeyed Presidential Directives Leading To Sack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.