Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Woman Caught 46 Wedding Bouquets- Still Single - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Woman Caught 46 Wedding Bouquets- Still Single (1218 Views)

'Why I Am Still Single' – Rita Dominic Opens Up / "I Am Still Single And Searching" - Linda Ikeji / Wikipedia Says Don Jazzy Is 46!!! See His Reaction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Caught 46 Wedding Bouquets- Still Single by Rendezvou: 9:37am On Feb 18, 2015
Always the bridesmaid, never the bride?

American woman Jamie Jackson has submitted an application to Guinness World Records, claiming she’s caught 46 bouquets since 1996 and has the papers to prove it.

The current record of 11 bouquets has been held by Pennsylvania’s Stephanie Monyak since 2004.

There was a battle over the bouquet in Muriel’s Wedding
Jackson said she has been to as many as 100 weddings over the years because of her family’s connections to musical theatre and their church.

She says that what began as a hobby has turned into ‘her sport’.

‘It is something that you have to plan for and you have to be very strategic where you place yourself,” she told local TV station KSL.

The hobby turned into ‘her sport’
‘My strategy is to be right up in the front because a lot of time the brides don’t know how far they are going to throw it.

‘A lot of times it will hit a ceiling, it’ll hit a chandelier … I’ve had many, many catches where I’ve had to jump for it. And I’ve hit little kids by accident.’

Jackson had to track down all the brides whose bouquets she caught to obtain documentation and photos before she could apply to the organisation.

Jackson’s strategy is to be right up the front for the throw
She was delighted to discover that 44 of the 46 brides were still married.

‘I consider myself a good luck charm,’ she said.

Jackson has disproved the belied that a woman who catches a bouquet will be the next to get hitched.

She said some people joke that she’s staying single just so she can catch more bouquets, but she assures them that is not the case.
http://www.evoke.ie/extra/bridal-bouquet-world-record-woman-says-she-caught-46/#
Re: Woman Caught 46 Wedding Bouquets- Still Single by ammyluv2002(f): 9:44am On Feb 18, 2015
It's not by catch but by the spirit say the Lord grin

2 Likes

Re: Woman Caught 46 Wedding Bouquets- Still Single by mcdonald59(m): 9:53am On Feb 18, 2015
u re invited to my wedding next week saturday
Re: Woman Caught 46 Wedding Bouquets- Still Single by Rendezvou: 9:58am On Feb 18, 2015
At least she has created a sport we can call bouquet catching
Re: Woman Caught 46 Wedding Bouquets- Still Single by DrPrickson: 10:11am On Feb 18, 2015
All hail the champion!!!!!
Re: Woman Caught 46 Wedding Bouquets- Still Single by adanduka: 10:17am On Feb 18, 2015
She doesn't want to get married till she lands a spot in the latest edition of Guinness Book of Records grin
Re: Woman Caught 46 Wedding Bouquets- Still Single by legallyblonde(f): 10:36am On Feb 18, 2015
dem don follow d woman from her village grin
Re: Woman Caught 46 Wedding Bouquets- Still Single by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 18, 2015
I NEED her for MARRIAGE....
Re: Woman Caught 46 Wedding Bouquets- Still Single by Rendezvou: 1:51pm On Feb 18, 2015
kayciano:
I NEED her for MARRIAGE....
She may not be ready as the fun will end immediately she becomes a married woman.
Re: Woman Caught 46 Wedding Bouquets- Still Single by JayTeeA(f): 1:54pm On Feb 18, 2015
dey shud not bother throwing d bouquet again na at subsequent weddings... once shez present dey shud just cm n hand it over to her.. Y waste energy?

(1) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Wows In New Photos / Davido To Be A Graduate Soon(pictures) / 50 Cent, Timbaland & Plies React To Caitlyn Jenner Announcement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.