Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

No Longer Should A Student Fail Mathematics - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No Longer Should A Student Fail Mathematics (504 Views)

11 Quality Reason Student Fail Jamb / 7 Major Reasons Why Student Fail Examination / [interview] Reasons Why Students Fail Mathematics – MAN President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Longer Should A Student Fail Mathematics by Edututorial: 11:38am On Feb 18, 2015
I believe mathematics is the easiest subject to excel in.
It's one of the very few subjects where a student can score 100%. You can hardly score 100% in English language or Economics or Geography, not even in Yoruba.
For a few years I have been teaching and earning from it simply because I have a good understanding the subject.
I would love to share a few tips in this forum to students out there to improve their understanding.
For instance, do you know that once you can add and multiply, you know mathematics? What makes you different from some mathematicians is just speed.
I have also put together a digital textbook, suitable for senior secondary school students up to JAMB level, in the form of a DVD to help students in the subject of Maths.
Re: No Longer Should A Student Fail Mathematics by Edututorial: 9:46pm On Feb 18, 2015
Let's learn some multiplication skills
1. How to easily multiply any number by 11
E.g. 36 X 11
Write the sum of adjacent numbers (left and right) in the middle of these numbers
36 X 11 = 396
42 X 11 = 462
135 X 11 = 14385
209 X 11 = 22099
Do you understand?
Try these on your own:
25 X 11, 81 X 11, 345 X 11, 658 X 11
Re: No Longer Should A Student Fail Mathematics by Edututorial: 1:37pm On Feb 19, 2015
Here's another tip to note in order to perform excellently well in mathematics

1. MENTAL FORMULA BANK

a) Understand the formula: When reading any topic in maths, ensure you understand the laws, rules, principles and the formulas related to that topic. Do not merely cram the formula but understand what each variable represent.
For example, it is not enough to know that sine rule is a/sinA = b/sinB = c/sinC, but you need to understand that that it is in a triangle ABC, where a (in centimetres or metres) is the length of side opposite to angle A (in degrees), b is the length opposite angle B, and c is opposite angle C.
Hence, the sine rule for triangle HIV is h/sinH = i/sinI = v/sinV
Re: No Longer Should A Student Fail Mathematics by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 19, 2015
Score 270 in this year Jamb CTB, get ur answers delivered directly TO ur mobile phone

(1) (Reply)

2015/2016 Delsu, Abraka Utme & Admission Processing, Lets Meet / Let Me Check Your 2015 Jamb Result For You..... / Unih(-(&) rfhkojgdgf vhbcjnxdzwgxvhgv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.