Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,015 members, 7,814,462 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo (51867 Views)

Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" / ISIS Announces Abu Musab Al-Barnawi As New Boko Haram Leader To Replace Shekau / Obasanjo Tears PDP Membership Card In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by DEmejioba1: 4:25pm On Feb 18, 2015
Regiblinkz:
In sure this man is not the only ex-leader we've had in this country
bt remember,no body has ever surpassed his record sha
Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 18, 2015
Mr. Obasanjo explained to PREMIUM TIMES.
“If you people’s worry is that I’m a card-carrying member of the party and I’m not showing you people direction and you are worried that I’m neither here nor there, this is the card; you can keep it, you can burn it or you can tear it, do whatever you want to do with it.”

The former president said he then handed over his membership card to Mr. Oladunjoye, who immediately decided on his own to shred it.

SENSELESS STATEMENT
Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by callmenow: 4:29pm On Feb 18, 2015
77 years old tyrant and daughter-in-law rapist. We are through this rubbish and good riddance. Case closed!
Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by LANREFORWA: 4:36pm On Feb 18, 2015
Baba uve done yours before better go and rest
Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by dougivilla(m): 4:41pm On Feb 18, 2015
histechs:
Baba needed to decline in a good manner.The message he is passing there is that he loves Nigeria than the party, i still have respect for him he is the only leader that has all his investments in Nigeria.
Shey all his investments in Cotounu, Sao tome and elsewhere na you get am? Stop misleading Nigerians. Apart from Ota farms and Bells University built with Nigerian money while he held sway, which of his investments are you calling 'all his investments'?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by WOCKHARDI(m): 4:45pm On Feb 18, 2015
“If you people’s worry is that I’m a card-carrying member of the party and I’m not showing you people direction and you are worried that I’m neither here nor there, this is the card; you can keep it, you can burn it or you can tear it, do whatever you want to do with it.”

The former president said he then handed over his membership card to Mr. Oladunjoye, who immediately decided on his own to shred it.
Mr. Obasanjo said he had no regrets for his action despite the criticisms that have greeted it.

You mean Obasanjo didn't see the action of Mr Oladunjoye as an insult on him after all they explained to him. Tearing his card in his presence. Does that make him a hero or a villain?
When a very big masquerade over stays on the stage, it starts losing its prestige.
Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by cytellProperty: 4:45pm On Feb 18, 2015
Baba Yi ti di Agba Iya.
Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by WOCKHARDI(m): 4:47pm On Feb 18, 2015

Mr. Obasanjo said he had no regrets for his action despite the criticisms that have greeted it.

You mean Obasanjo didn't see the action of Mr Oladunjoye as an insult on him after all they explained to him. Tearing his card in his presence. Does that make him a hero or a villain?
When a very big masquerade over stays on the stage, it starts losing its prestige and children may start making fun of it.
Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by Faibuhari: 5:10pm On Feb 18, 2015
ddippset:
let's be frank about it. it was only obasanjo's presence in the PDP that gave it that air of domination over the APC, be it an abstract or a real feeling of dominance amongst Nigerians. with his exit, PDP and APC are now perfectly equal in most people's eyes. we now have 2 very equally balanced political parties in Niger. the generic REPUBLICAN PARTY and the generic DEMOCRATIC PARTY!
thank God all these things u talked about is in NIGER REPUBLIC. Have you closed from Apc data centre today.
Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by CORRECTMAN78(m): 5:11pm On Feb 18, 2015
When obj was refered to as "motor park tout", do u think they made a mistake Flankly, I never expected his brain to have degenerated to this degree. Honestly, I hate all these old logs who refuse to die nor allow Nigeria to move an inch. God pls relegate Tinubu, Buhari, and their likes just the way u relegated obj.

1 Like

Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by Forwetinnah: 5:21pm On Feb 18, 2015
Barselonia:
all this reason baba gave no be reason ...

The main reason be say as party Ward leader tore ur card,he gave dem no option than for dem too to tore their card......
The exit of baba from that ward ,he carry all the members along with him.....

LOBATAN.......

EBORA OWUUU

This your tori for sweet if the ward and the leader don fetch OBJ winning vote before. Bunch of loafers
Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by Forwetinnah: 5:24pm On Feb 18, 2015
itetemi:

and una dey go prostrate

OBJ no prostrate for Atiku?? Imagine?? Atleast OBJ senior GEJ, so no stress
Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by Forwetinnah: 5:36pm On Feb 18, 2015
Husnur:
I LOVE OBASANJO 1000% my first comment in nairaland

OBJ is that you?? Keep yourself busy by writing a new book titled "my gateman"...this should keep you out of trouble/ GEJs way till 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by Forwetinnah: 5:39pm On Feb 18, 2015
GenBuhari:
Wishing or willing something to happen is not enough.

What happens when in few weeks, elections are cancelled?

If we want Buhari to be elected, we need to start urging APC to set up parallel government, now that rigging has started.

Is APC the only opposition Party and must Buhari be the next President?? You're here forcing rubbish down our throats...spread mat sleep biko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by drdrpc: 5:44pm On Feb 18, 2015
"ward chairman who on his own decided to shred it" is like baba's conscience is seriously dealling with him as he wants to shift blame to the ward chairman. don't worry baba GEJ is a meek and humble man and will always condone and forgive you even as he cruise to victory come 28th March without you support but with that of Almighty God through all that mean good for Nigeria. GOD BLESS NIGERIA. GEJ TILL 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by enigma3000: 5:50pm On Feb 18, 2015
folabayo1:
In 2face voice Change is always constant and the time is here
Repent and accept change before rapture will come for the PDP

A dog ll aways be a dog
(Igbo adage.... One cnt learn hw to use his left hand in old age)
Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by KwoiZabo(m): 6:04pm On Feb 18, 2015
luvbeloved:
Chai...OBJ can lie!!
He must have received knocks from world leaders he now regrets his actions.
Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by mickeymimi: 6:50pm On Feb 18, 2015
PDP -- We’ll beg Obasanjo ..FEBRUARY 18, 2015 . Finally they acknowledge OBJ is a founding father of PDP.

Obj is really giving these PDP a very nice hard time ha ha ha ha

Governor Sule Lamido of Jigawa State on Tuesday emerged from a meeting with President Goodluck Jonathan at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, giving an indication that the Peoples Democratic Party stakeholders would beg former President Olusegun Obasanjo who dumped the party on Monday.

Lamido, who is the North-West Coordinator of Goodluck/Sambo Presidential Campaign, told State House correspondents that

" Obasanjo remained the father of all.He said Jonathan and all the state governors were creations of the former President.

He explained that it was only appropriate that “when a father is angry with his children, the children should beg him.”

Lamido said, “Baba (Obasanjo) is more than a party man. He is an icon, a national symbol and a leader and an inventor, a creator of all the institutions today in Nigeria from the President to the governors who are his own sons, are all his creations.

“And so, when a father is angry with his own children, we will only say we are sorry to him. But then, we cannot be renounced for whatever it is.

If you do any political DNA of our blood, you will find his (Obasanjo’s) blood in us. No matter what we are, we may not be able to live up to his expectations.

“We might have made some mistakes, but abandoning us is not the solution because the country is first before anything else. So, he is our Baba even up to the President.

“Baba is our baba no matter what. He is angry with us, but then, what do we do? He gave us the life at a time when Nigerians were fighting us, he stood for us. Since 2011, in 2007, he stood firm for us.

“He is our father. And so, if we made some mistakes, we are only human because we are heading human institutions. And I think by the time he reflects, how could he abandon his own children like that. Wherever we are, we are right in his heart. He feels for us, he cares for us.”

When asked to be specific on whether they would go and beg Obasanjo to return to the party, Lamido said such issue was not the kind he would announce publicly.

“When there is some kind of misunderstanding between a father and a child, you don’t go to NTA or any other media to say you are going to do this.

“I mean the bond between us is so strong. I know he is equally pained. I know what he is going through because he is our father, but I will not tell you the strategy because when he was producing us, you were not there, when he was making us, were you there?,” the governor said.

When told that some party chiefs had already said they would not miss the former President, the governor said Jonathan who he described as Obasanjo’s first child had not said so.

“But then, the first child is the President, did he say so?,” he asked.

When asked again if Obasanjo’s constant criticisms of the President did not worry him, Lamido said “when parents get old, they tend to manifest signs of old age.”

He added, “What I am saying is that all of us have parents. When we were born, they pepped us, gave us their love, gave us everything. By the time they get old, naturally, there is what they call role reversal. We became the parents and they became the children. So, what is wrong if our parents begin to manifest those signs of old age?”

Lamido insisted that despite all the perceived setbacks, the PDP would still win the forthcoming elections.

He said, “What is this opposition in Nigeria? You must know Nigerian history. Nigeria cannot be governed by an aggregate of pain, anger and frustration.

http://www.punchng.com/news/well-beg-obasanjo-says-lamido/

The truth of the matter is that OBJ has been stabbed at back by GEJ; took the old man for granted- How? BROKEN PROMISES. All what OBJ has been saying; which of these are lies? Baba Obasanjo is one loyal friend, mentor and political father who Jonathan has exchanged for political parasites like Kashamu, Edwin Clerk, Bode George etc. It was great mis -calculation. People must remember that Baba Obasanjo is true, d-tribalised Nigerian and war time general like TY Danjuma who values the word NIGERIA more than most of us. His love for the unity of this country is unparalleled and he needs to be listened to, heard, taken seriously and be respected. He is Ebora of our time and a father of Nation.
Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by Evanscoth(f): 7:13pm On Feb 18, 2015
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

New prayer point I heard today goes. Like this

As from today, all Obasanjo that is disturbing ur life will tear their membership card by themselves IN JESUS Name! Amen !!

I pity Baba if mountain of fire members begin to fire this one
Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by elbaraj001(m): 7:44pm On Feb 18, 2015
[quote author=Oildichotomy post=30848430]Why is this man like this?

So cunny and vague in his expressions!
I can't even say I understood what he succeeded in passing across--
I'm even surprised how he ruled us for freaking eight years with such explanations .

[color=#006600]Oga...what Baba is trying to say is dat, since d ppl of d ward have loosed direction simply because dey dnt know where he stand, so Baba feel it is better to show dem openly where he stand, so dat dey will regain back dere standing position...hope am able to explain to ur taste what d old man is trying to pass a cross..tanx
Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 18, 2015
Who cares if he tears his face?
Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by lyricalz: 8:04pm On Feb 18, 2015
Y are they goin 2 beg him in the 1st place? Dats y he is feeling on top, an old man dat behaves like a kid, an elder state man for that matter, obasanjo don fall hand finish, no more rep again 4 him. Leave dat Foolish old Obasanjo alone, he is no more needed. Him tym don pass.
Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by Skmoda360(m): 8:17pm On Feb 18, 2015
Oildichotomy:
Why is this man like this?

I'm even surprised how he ruled us for freaking eight years with such explanations undecided
are you saying "cunning" not "cunny"
Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by pkang: 9:16pm On Feb 18, 2015
mickeymimi:
PDP -- We’ll beg Obasanjo ..FEBRUARY 18, 2015 . Finally they acknowledge OBJ is a founding father of PDP.

Obj is really giving these PDP a very nice hard time ha ha ha ha

Governor Sule Lamido of Jigawa State on Tuesday emerged from a meeting with President Goodluck Jonathan at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, giving an indication that the Peoples Democratic Party stakeholders would beg former President Olusegun Obasanjo who dumped the party on Monday.

Lamido, who is the North-West Coordinator of Goodluck/Sambo Presidential Campaign, told State House correspondents that

" Obasanjo remained the father of all.He said Jonathan and all the state governors were creations of the former President.

He explained that it was only appropriate that “when a father is angry with his children, the children should beg him.”

Lamido said, “Baba (Obasanjo) is more than a party man. He is an icon, a national symbol and a leader and an inventor, a creator of all the institutions today in Nigeria from the President to the governors who are his own sons, are all his creations.

“And so, when a father is angry with his own children, we will only say we are sorry to him. But then, we cannot be renounced for whatever it is.

If you do any political DNA of our blood, you will find his (Obasanjo’s) blood in us. No matter what we are, we may not be able to live up to his expectations.

“We might have made some mistakes, but abandoning us is not the solution because the country is first before anything else. So, he is our Baba even up to the President.

“Baba is our baba no matter what. He is angry with us, but then, what do we do? He gave us the life at a time when Nigerians were fighting us, he stood for us. Since 2011, in 2007, he stood firm for us.

“He is our father. And so, if we made some mistakes, we are only human because we are heading human institutions. And I think by the time he reflects, how could he abandon his own children like that. Wherever we are, we are right in his heart. He feels for us, he cares for us.”

When asked to be specific on whether they would go and beg Obasanjo to return to the party, Lamido said such issue was not the kind he would announce publicly.

“When there is some kind of misunderstanding between a father and a child, you don’t go to NTA or any other media to say you are going to do this.

“I mean the bond between us is so strong. I know he is equally pained. I know what he is going through because he is our father, but I will not tell you the strategy because when he was producing us, you were not there, when he was making us, were you there?,” the governor said.

When told that some party chiefs had already said they would not miss the former President, the governor said Jonathan who he described as Obasanjo’s first child had not said so.

“But then, the first child is the President, did he say so?,” he asked.

When asked again if Obasanjo’s constant criticisms of the President did not worry him, Lamido said “when parents get old, they tend to manifest signs of old age.”

He added, “What I am saying is that all of us have parents. When we were born, they pepped us, gave us their love, gave us everything. By the time they get old, naturally, there is what they call role reversal. We became the parents and they became the children. So, what is wrong if our parents begin to manifest those signs of old age?”

Lamido insisted that despite all the perceived setbacks, the PDP would still win the forthcoming elections.

He said, “What is this opposition in Nigeria? You must know Nigerian history. Nigeria cannot be governed by an aggregate of pain, anger and frustration.

http://www.punchng.com/news/well-beg-obasanjo-says-lamido/

The truth of the matter is that OBJ has been stabbed at back by GEJ; took the old man for granted- How? BROKEN PROMISES. All what OBJ has been saying; which of these are lies? Baba Obasanjo is one loyal friend, mentor and political father who Jonathan has exchanged for political parasites like Kashamu, Edwin Clerk, Bode George etc. It was great mis -calculation. People must remember that Baba Obasanjo is true, d-tribalised Nigerian and war time general like TY Danjuma who values the word NIGERIA more than most of us. His love for the unity of this country is unparalleled and he needs to be listened to, heard, taken seriously and be respected. He is Ebora of our time and a father of Nation.

Not PDP, Lamido who Baba promised to make president. He is a loyalist of OBJ. PDP has begged OBJ and he refused so no need begging again.
Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by Oildichotomy(m): 9:25pm On Feb 18, 2015
Skmoda360:

are you saying "cunning" not "cunny"
lipsrsealed
Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by Anowax(m): 9:35pm On Feb 18, 2015
fulfillment22:
Who cares?
NFCS does
Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by nortcentrallord(m): 10:52pm On Feb 18, 2015
Thank God he has finally tore his corrupt part from PDP. He ruled 8 years filled with corrupt practices. Now PDP is finally a clean party. The biggest mound of pdp's dirt is gone... A man who cannot even deliver his pooling unit not to talk of his local government and even State what influence can he ever have? He can go to hell and get a membership card there. grin grin grin. GEJ is better off without Baba Confusion.
Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by nortcentrallord(m): 11:44pm On Feb 18, 2015
ddippset:
let's be frank about it. it was only obasanjo's presence in the PDP that gave it that air of domination over the APC, be it an abstract or a real feeling of dominance amongst Nigerians. with his exit, PDP and APC are now perfectly equal in most people's eyes. we now have 2 very equally balanced political parties in Niger. the generic REPUBLICAN PARTY and the generic DEMOCRATIC PARTY!
I don't think so. He lost his relevance in PDP a long time ago. He knew that himself so he is just finding a new refuge he can be more relevant. Even the APC know he carries no force anymore. I pity the old man though, Its very difficult to leave the dance floor especially when you know you know a bigger masquerade has shown up. I believe we 'll have a cleaner PDP than ever before, his 8 years contributed to this level of sink we are in today.
Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by nortcentrallord(m): 11:47pm On Feb 18, 2015
[quote author=Misogynist2014 post=30848578]Defeat is eminent for GEJ. [/quote
Ayaaa, you better not wake up from your dream oh. But if you don't, very soon you will be taken to the hospital and mistaken to be in coma or you might be taken to the morgue oh. God 4bid though so please WAKE UP.
Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by nortcentrallord(m): 11:52pm On Feb 18, 2015
folabayo1:
The truth is baba is sick of the clueless and corrupt party so baba wants Change and he shall have it..
SaiBaba
Saibuhari
Ambo
Baba u are welcome.
I believe you. You can take 8 years of corruption now. Yaradua rulled 2 Years and GEJ is in his 5th year and some months. Mathe magically, "PDP has been corrupt for only 8 years while APC has been corrupt For Buhari + Obj years. grin grin grin grin
Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by nortcentrallord(m): 11:58pm On Feb 18, 2015
nnafather:
Frustrated old man...tearing everything including his daughter in-law's legs. Ozu awo.
I d tell you. E still dey tear that I'm daughter inlaw legs apart? Hihihihihi

1 Like

Re: Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo by ManTiger(m): 12:00am On Feb 19, 2015
Oildichotomy:
Why is this man like this?

I'm even surprised how he ruled us for freaking eight years with such explanations undecided
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

INEC Releases Names Of Senators-elect (see List) / Saraki, His Wife, Toyin, Osinbajo And Tinubu At Bola Shagaya's 60th Birthday / #EndSARS Protesters In Umuahia Force Soldiers To Turn Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.