Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,049 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels (7141 Views)

A Review Of Delta State Governor Luxury On Wheels / What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Large Wheels And Small Tyre Bezels / How To Keep Your Tyres And Wheels In Good Condition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by lordpapi(m): 9:00pm On Feb 18, 2015
Take a look at this baby of mine. First of its kind in nija. Loving this excellent machine the more. I'd like more Nigerians to go for good wheels.
If any one knows the disadvantages associated to this type of modification, Pls, feel free to post ur comments here.

Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by SMALLPENIS(f): 9:05pm On Feb 18, 2015
1 pothole at ajegunle or alagbado =1GBOSA grin

But on a more serious note, the wheels are strong, but not really suited for our roads. nice wheels though.

6 Likes

Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by resocorp: 9:09pm On Feb 18, 2015
The tyres could touch the inner wheel arch when u enter a pothole

1 Like

Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by lordpapi(m): 9:15pm On Feb 18, 2015
I have Realy considered the nija road effects. I am always carefull on the road. I know the type of force of impact n d type, dept n shape of pothole that can affect the tires n wheels. I am kind of considering its effects on the suspension if there is any.
Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by Lovetinz(m): 10:21pm On Feb 18, 2015
Disadvantages?
Your Landlord will double your rent.

12 Likes

Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:06am On Feb 19, 2015
lordpapi:
Take a look at this baby of mine. First of its kind in nija. Loving this excellent machine the more. I'd like more Nigerians to go for good wheels.
If any one knows the disadvantages associated to this type of modification, Pls, feel free to post ur comments here.

SMALLPENIS:
1 pothole at ajegunle or alagbado =1GBOSA grin

Factor in rain and darkness on nigerian roads and what you have is a blow out and a bent rim due to pot holes.

Nice rims.
Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by Nobody: 7:26am On Feb 19, 2015
lordpapi:

The Rims are beautiful, however your ride height is increased hence you have higher centre of gravity. Do you use AIRS or coilovers? If you use coilovers, I'd advice you purchase sets of coilovers which 1.5 lower than the stock setup. When you do this, you'll discover there might be a rub on the wheel arch. Inconclusion, this mod job isn't meant for an RX330, hope your car isn't an AWD or else you risk damaging the differential and they don't come cheap.

Finally, your OEM stock wheel, hope you didn't give them out, they are verrrry expensive. Trust me you'll hate its price when you wish to purchase a pair, not to talk of the whole 5set.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by SMALLPENIS(f): 7:57am On Feb 19, 2015
lordpapi:
I have Realy considered the nija road effects. I am always carefull on the road. I know the type of force of impact n d type, dept n shape of pothole that can affect the tires n wheels. I am kind of considering its effects on the suspension if there is any.

On suspension, your shock absorbers would have to deal with more weight from the rims, you would have a comfy ride, but there is every probability that the tires would lose balance or get ruptured in pot holes.
Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by nurey(m): 8:40am On Feb 19, 2015
I would have argued you live in my area if not for the side steps your car has, I have someone who has the same ride, same colour and same mod, I always like the tires cause they shoot out at the sides. But makes the car look a little bit off.
Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by lordpapi(m): 4:47pm On Feb 19, 2015
I still have my factory fit wheels. Ddnt sell or give out. When u say AIRS or coilovers, what do u mean? Are u referring to the shocks?

lomomike:

The Rims are beautiful, however your ride height is increased hence you have higher centre of gravity. Do you use AIRS or coilovers? If you use coilovers, I'd advice you purchase sets of coilovers which 1.5 lower than the stock setup. When you do this, you'll discover there might be a rub on the wheel arch. Inconclusion, this mod job isn't meant for an RX330, hope your car isn't an AWD or else you risk damaging the differential and they don't come cheap.

Finally, your OEM stock wheel, hope you didn't give them out, they are verrrry expensive. Trust me you'll hate its price when you wish to purchase a pair, not to talk of the whole 5set.
Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by Nobody: 4:54pm On Feb 19, 2015
lordpapi:
I still have my factory fit wheels. Ddnt sell or give out. When u say AIRS or coilovers, what do u mean? Are u referring to the shocks?

AIRS is lexus term for AIR Suspension, baloon suspension or airbag suspension as naija folks call it hence, AIRS. Coilovers is spring coil shocks. Which of these do you have?
Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by Jacksolo4me(m): 7:18pm On Feb 19, 2015
lordpapi:

First off, Nice Rims

Alright I do have some little experience with Choice of Rims and the preferred tires to go along with them

Low profile tires on your RX330,?? /35/22R, although are good to look at, we just don't have the good smooth roads your'll enjoy them on,

1. Wheel well clearance(they look like they fit)
But like the posters above warned a pot hole would definitely dent the rims if driven spiritedly(above 80kph)

2. Eye Candy for thieves and Our Favored Egunje Policemen.

3. Don't lose your wheel lug locks(if you've got one)
This dreaded nightmare happened to me once, and the damage both to the finish of the rim and replacement bolts werent something I'd wish to have a repeat of.

4. Tires can be expensive.especially your current tire profile.

5. Ride Quality may be diminished, your overall tire wall from rim to tire is lower thus u feel more of the road surfaces and the little dings and rough surfaces on it.

My advice...if you must use the rims.and you're prepared to live with a little rub with your current shocks, use a less wider and larger tire to run with your wheels.

Eg 265/45/22R. 10mm tire height increase from your current(you may loose ur "low profile" but then OUR POTHOLES ARE ON ANOTHER LEVEL...."they go bend that rim and itl suprise da shit outta u".

1 Like

Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by lordpapi(m): 9:17pm On Feb 19, 2015
lomomike:

AIRS is lexus term for AIR Suspension, baloon suspension or airbag suspension as naija folks call it hence, AIRS. Coilovers is spring coil shocks. Which of these do you have?
ok. Now I get it. Mine is coilovers. Thanks for the advice.
Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by lordpapi(m): 9:26pm On Feb 19, 2015
Jacksolo4me:

First off, Nice Rims

Alright I do have some little experience with Choice of Rims and the preferred tires to go along with them

Low profile tires on your RX330,?? /35/22R, although are good to look at, we just don't have the good smooth roads your'll enjoy them on.
1. Wheel well clearance(they look like they fit)
But like the posters above warned a pot hole would definitely dent the rims if driven spiritedly(above 80kph)

2. Eye Candy for thieves and Our Favored Egunje Policemen.

3. Don't lose your wheel lug locks(if you've got one)
This dreaded nightmare happened to me once, and the damage both to the finish of the rim and replacement bolts werent something I'd wish to have a repeat of.

4. Tires can be expensive.especially your current tire profile.

5. Ride Quality may be diminished, your overall tire wall from rim to tire is lower thus u feel more of the road surfaces and the little dings and rough surfaces on it.

My advice...if you must use the rims.and you're prepared to live with a little rub with your current shocks, use a less wider and larger tire to run with your wheels.

Eg 265/45/22R. 10mm tire height increase from your current(you may loose ur "low profile" but then OUR POTHOLES ARE ON ANOTHER LEVEL...."they go bend that rim and itl suprise da shit outta u".

Spot on. The tire is 265/35/r22. A 265/anything above 35/r22 won't go well with the coilovers (shock). Thanks for the info. smiley
Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by HyDef(m): 10:15pm On Feb 19, 2015
Wow. Nice rims. Does your car classify as an SUV or a crossover? I'm actually a little surprised that that is an '05 model. Nice package in general man.
Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by Nobody: 12:32am On Feb 20, 2015
HyDef:
Wow. Nice rims. Does your car classify as an SUV or a crossover? I'm actually a little surprised that that is an '05 model. Nice package in general man.
tis a Crossover and thats Lexus for you!

1 Like

Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by Nobody: 1:19am On Feb 20, 2015
HyDef:

Why are you surprised its an '05 model?
Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by HyDef(m): 1:32pm On Feb 20, 2015
lomomike:

Why are you surprised its an '05 model?

The design is something I'd expect on maybe an' 09 model or so. Don't really know how to explain it, but it's nice and shapely.
Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by lordpapi(m): 5:42pm On Feb 20, 2015
HyDef:

The design is something I'd expect on maybe an' 09 model or so. Don't really know how to explain it, but it's nice and shapely.

The interior of the car

Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 03, 2015
lordpapi:

The interior of the car
i use to see an exact Mod of ur car in FUTO. the only diff i think is that guy that drives one in FUTO, has a Bull Rack installed too.
Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by earthrealm(m): 11:41am On Mar 04, 2015
Nice rims
U choose aesthetics over practicability.
Cos of the big rims..the meat on ur tires is small...so on rough roads...u would feel every bump.
2ndly the chances of bending ur rim or tearing ur tire is quite high...if u enter a pothole at moderate speed...n 5his is common in naija....

If u still want to go ahead with this setup i wud advice u to also change ur spare tire to this setup ..wud save u stress if u travel a lot n hv a torn tire or bent rim

5hen the next wahala......wud the bigger sparetire fit the default spare tire location?

1 Like

Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 04, 2015
earthrealm:
Nice rims
U choose aesthetics over practicability.
Cos of the big rims..the meat on ur tires is small...so on rough roads...u would feel every bump.
2ndly the chances of bending ur rim or tearing ur tire is quite high...if u enter a pothole at moderate speed...n 5his is common in naija....

If u still want to go ahead with this setup i wud advice u to also change ur spare tire to this setup ..wud save u stress if u travel a lot n hv a torn tire or bent rim

5hen the next wahala......wud the bigger sparetire fit the default spare tire location?

Fuel economy accuracy in speedometer readout, AFS/auto headlamp error issue (if op's rx has the auto levelling/Automatic swivel Frontheadlamp System (AFS), strain on the drive train and transfer case, and increase rollover risk during sudden maneuvering/ cross winds.
Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:30pm On Mar 04, 2015
lomomike:

Fuel economy accuracy in speedometer readout, AFS/auto headlamp error issue (if op's rx has the auto levelling/Automatic swivel Frontheadlamp System (AFS), strain on the drive train and transfer case, and increase rollover risk during sudden maneuvering/ cross winds.

mike mike mike you have come again with your big big grammar angry

just tell him it will fall if better breeze blow am grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 04, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

cheesy
Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by eaglechild: 1:33pm On Mar 06, 2015
I don't know why but i just think a car loses its class when you deviate from the factory defaults.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by lordpapi(m): 10:45pm On Aug 30, 2015
Bossforeva:
i use to see an exact Mod of ur car in FUTO. the only diff i think is that guy that drives one in FUTO, has a Bull Rack installed too.
. U are right. It's same car.

1 Like

Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by lordpapi(m): 10:49pm On Aug 30, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Lol. Funny guy. There tires are wide enough to create more balance as it gained height .
Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by Nobody: 10:53pm On Aug 30, 2015
lordpapi:
. U are right. It's same car.
been long i saw it tho, like two semesters ago. It normally parks at Post Graduate Studies, you done?
Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by Readonee35L(m): 10:58pm On Jul 07, 2016
Too much Grammar

Even the stock Venza v6 carries 245/50R20
.Tho with a suspension designed for it . The Venza V6 has a very harsh ride on the road and it's not comfortable at all. I hate it.

But lordpapi .nothing serious you're only beating your shocks no allow anybody fear you. I don't think your car is awd.
Enjoy your wheel
Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by princemillla(m): 6:34am On Jul 08, 2016
I have similar design on the car am selling tho.... The price is 1.9Million naira. tongue

Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by vickzie(m): 2:50pm On Jul 29, 2016
op how much does those rims cost?
Re: Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 30, 2016
lordpapi:

Congrats, you've just killed that car.

There's a Japanese engineer crying right now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine / Enugu Government Bans Unauthorised Use Of Vehicles With Tinted Glasses / This Is How Much Your Toyota Corolla Engine Will Cost You In Ladipo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.