Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

History Made: For the First time ever, A Driverless Car beat a Race Car Driver - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / History Made: For the First time ever, A Driverless Car beat a Race Car Driver (1590 Views)

2017 Sagamu Rally Car Race In Nigeria (Photos) / 5 Places Where Driverless Cars Can Work In Nigeria / First Driverless Car In Nigeria In Lagos Today (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

History Made: For the First time ever, A Driverless Car beat a Race Car Driver by TechyGirl(f): 9:01pm On Feb 18, 2015
Who remembers that Bank PHB advert where they said Cars would drive themselves and run on water? It was aired in the year 2013. Now guess what? that dream has finally come to pass.

Some researchers at Stanford university developed an Audi TTS that drives on its own, the car's performance was mind blowing so they paired it against a race car that was driven by an amateur touring class champion. To my amazement, the Driveless car actually beat the race car's ass with an impressive gap.

The group of Scientist that created this amazing innovation said that in order to achieve what they did, they had to study the human drivers and even went as far as attaching electrodes to their heads to monitor brain activities (Choi Tech chi no logy). They also predicted that within the next 15 years, cars that have skills like that of Michael Schumacher ( A seven-time Formula One World Champion and widely regarded as one of the greatest Formula One drivers of all time) could be driving children to school.

TO CHECK OUT THE GIF PICTURE OF THE DRIVERLESS CAR.. Go to : [url][/url]
Re: History Made: For the First time ever, A Driverless Car beat a Race Car Driver by saaedlee: 9:16pm On Feb 18, 2015
TechyGirl:
Who remembers that Bank PHB advert where they said Cars would drive themselves and run on water? It was aired in the year 2013

Are you really sure that Bank PHB advert was in 2013? I seriously doubt that!
Anyways, you should outline the details of both cars especially the remote driven one. Tell us bout the engine, transmission torque etc,
Re: History Made: For the First time ever, A Driverless Car beat a Race Car Driver by TechyGirl(f): 9:31pm On Feb 18, 2015
saaedlee:

Are you really sure that Bank PHB advert was in 2013? I seriously doubt that!
Anyways, you should outline the details of both cars especially the remote driven one. Tell us bout the engine, transmission torque etc,

Nice observation.. thanks cheesy .. The reason I didn't put the nitty gritty of the car In the article is cos I did not want to bore my readers with terms they might not understand)

Regarding the date..I wasn't sure about it. so i consulted Google. they gave me Mar 10, 2013 smiley
Re: History Made: For the First time ever, A Driverless Car beat a Race Car Driver by saaedlee: 9:39pm On Feb 18, 2015
TechyGirl:

Nice observation.. thanks cheesy .. The reason I didn't put the nitty gritty of the car In the article is cos I did not want to bore my readers with terms they might not understand)

Regarding the date..I wasn't sure about it. so i consulted Google. they gave me Mar 10, 2013 smiley

10-4
Re: History Made: For the First time ever, A Driverless Car beat a Race Car Driver by TechyGirl(f): 9:42pm On Feb 18, 2015
saaedlee:

10-4

Dont understand
Re: History Made: For the First time ever, A Driverless Car beat a Race Car Driver by saaedlee: 9:44pm On Feb 18, 2015
Meant to say "noted"
TechyGirl:

Dont understand
Re: History Made: For the First time ever, A Driverless Car beat a Race Car Driver by TechyGirl(f): 9:47pm On Feb 18, 2015
saaedlee:
Meant to say "noted"

Aii smiley
Re: History Made: For the First time ever, A Driverless Car beat a Race Car Driver by nurey(m): 8:49am On Feb 19, 2015
With all things been equal, I doubt if that tech can beat me, it isn't designed to take short cuts and risks which my brain is designed to.
Re: History Made: For the First time ever, A Driverless Car beat a Race Car Driver by TechyGirl(f): 9:18am On Feb 19, 2015
nurey:
With all things been equal, I doubt if that tech can beat me, it isn't designed to take short cuts and risks
which my brain is designed to.

Lol if you read the article, you'd discover that tech did beat a race car champion
Re: History Made: For the First time ever, A Driverless Car beat a Race Car Driver by nurey(m): 9:25am On Feb 19, 2015
TechyGirl:

Lol if you read the article, you'd discover that tech did beat a race car champion
A race car champion is not in my league, I am the god of race.
Re: History Made: For the First time ever, A Driverless Car beat a Race Car Driver by abatically(m): 10:35am On Feb 19, 2015
TechyGirl:
Who remembers that Bank PHB advert where they said Cars would drive themselves and run on water?

The same bank PHB that saw the vision that cars will drive on water didn't see the vision that their bank will turn to keystone bank.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: History Made: For the First time ever, A Driverless Car beat a Race Car Driver by TechyGirl(f): 1:09pm On Feb 19, 2015
nurey:

Until I see before I believe :p
Re: History Made: For the First time ever, A Driverless Car beat a Race Car Driver by davo3286: 1:54pm On Feb 19, 2015
TechyGirl:
Who remembers that Bank PHB advert where they said Cars would drive themselves and run on water? It was aired in the year 2013. Now guess what? that dream has finally come to pass.

Some researchers at Stanford university developed an Audi TTS that drives on its own, the car's performance was mind blowing so they paired it against a race car that was driven by an amateur touring class champion. To my amazement, the Driveless car actually beat the race car's ass with an impressive gap.

The group of Scientist that created this amazing innovation said that in order to achieve what they did, they had to study the human drivers and even went as far as attaching electrodes to their heads to monitor brain activities (Choi Tech chi no logy). They also predicted that within the next 15 years, cars that have skills like that of Michael Schumacher ( A seven-time Formula One World Champion and widely regarded as one of the greatest Formula One drivers of all time) could be driving children to school.

TO CHECK OUT THE GIF PICTURE OF THE DRIVERLESS CAR.. Go to : [url][/url]

Another story for the gods.
Re: History Made: For the First time ever, A Driverless Car beat a Race Car Driver by nurey(m): 1:59pm On Feb 19, 2015
TechyGirl:

Until I see before I believe :p

Provide the basis for me and I will prove my self infact I will make it easy for the tech by driving with my eyes closed. grin

Infact all any driver needs to do is spin out the tech's car and the tech will just give coordination error after all, they were only designed to avoid objects and not defensive maneuvering.
Re: History Made: For the First time ever, A Driverless Car beat a Race Car Driver by DoroBen: 3:01pm On Feb 19, 2015
davo3286:

Another story for the gods.

smh
Re: History Made: For the First time ever, A Driverless Car beat a Race Car Driver by Denn(m): 6:43am On Feb 20, 2015
nurey:

in the temple of racing, you are just an observer....

1 Like

Re: History Made: For the First time ever, A Driverless Car beat a Race Car Driver by nurey(m): 9:12am On Feb 20, 2015
Denn:

in the temple of racing, you are just an observer....

You don find me come here again, well I am not tired of proving myself, so bring it on, cause I am game. grin

(1) (Reply)

Driving Etiquette (part 1) / 04 Es330 Lexus .CLEAN TITLE VIN:JTHBA30G545036116 1.8 / Perfectly Clean Lexus RX 330, 2005 Blue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.