Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

George Bush: I Do Not Criticise The President Because It Undermines The Presiden - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / George Bush: I Do Not Criticise The President Because It Undermines The Presiden (679 Views)

My Husband Became President Because He Never Gave Up – Aisha Buhari / Dele Momodu, George Bush, Tony Blair & Wole Soyinka Pictured / Buhari Can’t Be President Because He’s Not Computer Literate – Mimiko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

George Bush: I Do Not Criticise The President Because It Undermines The Presiden by keyremotes(m): 12:47am On Feb 19, 2015
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, please read, digest and take a leaf from your American counterpart's page.

GEORGE BUSH: I DO NOT CRITICISE THE PRESIDENT BECAUSE IT UNDERMINES THE PRESIDENCY - “I don’t think it’s good for the country to have a former president undermine a current president"

Former President George W. Bush explained Thursday that he has avoided publicly criticizing President Obama because he feels it would undermine the office of the presidency.

“I don’t think it’s good for the country to have a former president undermine a current president; I think it’s bad for the presidency for that matter,” Mr. Bush said Thursday evening on Fox News’ “Hannity,” Mediaite reported.

The former president said that, though he follows politics and is “very aware of what’s going on,” he has no interest in generating headlines for himself by bashing his successor.

“Secondly, I really have had all the fame I want,” he continued. “I really don’t long for publicity. And the truth of the matter is in order for me to generate publicity I’d have to either attack the Republican Party, which I don’t want to do, or attack the president, which I don’t want to do. And so I’m perfectly content to be out of the limelight.”

Mr. Bush is currently making the media rounds to promote his new book, “41: A Portrait of My Father,” which he calls a “love story” about his dad, Former President George H.W. Bush.

Gbam! O ti gbo Baba? Ehen! Eshe!

3 Likes

Re: George Bush: I Do Not Criticise The President Because It Undermines The Presiden by sammynash11(m): 12:50am On Feb 19, 2015
Kk
Re: George Bush: I Do Not Criticise The President Because It Undermines The Presiden by mumumugu(m): 12:56am On Feb 19, 2015
I hope that otta farmer is reading this
Re: George Bush: I Do Not Criticise The President Because It Undermines The Presiden by caselessogbuagu: 12:58am On Feb 19, 2015
George bush is not a Nigerian or in Nigeria, why should we behave towards our president the way he does when our president does not care about us? And this is not the situation in America.

If we must emulate Americans in everything, then we must get ready to accept gays.
Re: George Bush: I Do Not Criticise The President Because It Undermines The Presiden by caselessogbuagu: 1:01am On Feb 19, 2015
mumumugu:
I hope that otta farmer is reading this
tell the fisherman that Obama does not call George bush a 'motor park tout'.

1 Like

Re: George Bush: I Do Not Criticise The President Because It Undermines The Presiden by keyremotes(m): 1:03am On Feb 19, 2015
caselessogbuagu:
tell the fisherman that Obama does not call George bush a 'motor park tout'.
Re: George Bush: I Do Not Criticise The President Because It Undermines The Presiden by menix(m): 1:08am On Feb 19, 2015
He who has ear let him hear else u know d story of the fly nd d corpse...

(1) (Reply)

Is Card Reader Provided For In The Electoral Act? / Why I Prefer Exile To Living Under Buhari — Bode George / APC Biko, Where Is GMB? This Is 9days Since He Was Publicly Seen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.