Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Controversies Over 25,000 Km Of Road Constructed As Claimed By The Presidency. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Controversies Over 25,000 Km Of Road Constructed As Claimed By The Presidency. (670 Views)

When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? / 4th Mainland Bridge To Be Constructed As Gov. Ambode Finally Signs Agreement / OMG! Lagos To London Is 5,000km & Jonathan Has Built 25,000 Km Roads In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Controversies Over 25,000 Km Of Road Constructed As Claimed By The Presidency. by quicyvictor(m): 10:41am On Feb 19, 2015
Following the claim by the Presidency that 25,000 km of the roads in the country was constructed under this administration, there has been arguments by Nairalander on a thread that the claim is untrue.

https://www.nairaland.com/2155383/gej-really-constructed-25000km-roads

Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by Delafruita(m): 9:05am
Spmateto:
The road from Nigerian to London is 6500km.
Lagos to Kano is 990km
Port Harcourt to Born (Likely to be two farthest points in Nigeria) is There is no way 25000km roads will be constructed and you will still need microscope to fine them.

Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by Reptyle(m): 9:05am
torhuke:
don't be silly Op especially with the last line of your post. How old are you? Were you traveling by road b4 2011? Have you been travling by road since last year? Are the roads the same as they were b4 2011.
Don't just sit in your village and cast aspersions. Move out of your mischievous cocoonery, do some travles across major roads and then come back here to tell what you see.

Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by KazeemDiary: 8:24am
Continue to wallow in self denial and delusion, of what importance is the acclaimed 25,000km of road when the Jonathan led administration has failed in its fundamental responsibilities... Hurling abuses on the people because their views differs shows the idiocracy in people.

Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by Delafruita(m): 8:28am
you are missing the point.i admire the work on the lagos ibdadan expressway which thouh yet to be completed,is an advancement.i liked what i saw on the benin ore road.but thats just a few.the ibadan-oyo-ilorin expressway is also good work.however,constrcution on this roads didnt begin with the GEJ administration.then again,25,000km of roads constructed is a large claim to make.thats five times all the roads in Lagos

Re: Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? by Delafruita(m): 8:59am
cooljude:
Op if you travel alot and you have been travelling before this adminsteration came into power, you would not even ask this question because virtually everybody would tell you yes. Please research online and you would see a period when people slept on the road. I could remember vividly how a friend of mine almost missed his post ume then. If you knew Ore road then and now. Inshort, i have typed too much but this one my friend is an undisputed fact
am not talking in terms of a specific road.i mean the lenght been quoted.has GEJ constructed 25,000km of roads?benin-ore road is less than 150km and only the first phase of 70km has been constructed.he'd have contructed 250 of same road to lay claim to 25,000km.besides,the minister for works remarked in november 2014 that 61 roads had either been constructed or undergoin construction since 2011.how then was the 25,000km figure arrived at?

Re: Controversies Over 25,000 Km Of Road Constructed As Claimed By The Presidency. by Ashleyma77(m): 10:42am On Feb 19, 2015
Everything Jonathan claims to do is controversial.why is this so??

1 Like

Re: Controversies Over 25,000 Km Of Road Constructed As Claimed By The Presidency. by Kagarko(m): 11:02am On Feb 19, 2015
Ashleyma77:
Everything Jonathan claims to do is controversial.why is this so??

It must be so, cos cluelessness leads to controvercy.

Majority of the road projects were awarded by obj almost at the completion stage.
Abuja Lokoja was awarded in 2005. And very funny when passed recently i saw SUREP Logo signalling they are the financiers of the project.

Vote not cluelessness.

Vote for change and responsible govt.

APC/GMB/PYO.
Re: Controversies Over 25,000 Km Of Road Constructed As Claimed By The Presidency. by Taaheey(m): 11:21am On Feb 19, 2015
Even beyond the Abuja-Lokoja express claimed to be dualised by GEJ, that express still passes through Okene. I attempted passing their last in October/Nov and that road was totally impassable! Was held there for days....couldnt move forward nor turn back. Fast forward to last week, the road is going through mediocre repairs, one that won't stand the test of the coming rains!

If this govt has performed excellently as they claim, they won't need to advertise their achievements, we [the citizens] would have been the ones shouting it loud for the world to hear.
Re: Controversies Over 25,000 Km Of Road Constructed As Claimed By The Presidency. by viczing(m): 1:21pm On Feb 19, 2015
Mtchew gej till 2019
Re: Controversies Over 25,000 Km Of Road Constructed As Claimed By The Presidency. by size38: 3:33pm On Feb 19, 2015
All GEJ's achievements can only be found on the various pages of the newspapers. But physically on ground, nothing to show. Like we used to hear that GEJ has revived the railway sector. They will tell us how train will start moving from ph-to Enugu for over 2 yrs now. But as somebody that lives close to rail line in port harcourt, am yet to see one single train pass through the track. All we hear on radio everyday is; GEJ has done so much. We are yet to see anything not to talk of him doing so much.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Government To Make Bachelor’s Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification / ‘PDP Will Struggle To Survive After 2015 Elections’ / Has President Jonathan Become A Tourist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.