Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

I am 95% Sure That We'll Qualify for Germany 2006 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I am 95% Sure That We'll Qualify for Germany 2006 (1764 Views)

Nigerians Blame Sunday Oliseh For Nigeria's Failure To Qualify For AFCON 2017 / Brazil Vs Nigeria- Fifa Mistaking Nigeria For Germany / Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I am 95% Sure That We'll Qualify for Germany 2006 by Chxta(m): 7:41am On Oct 07, 2005
...that we will qualify for Germany 2006, and here are 20 reasons why:

[1] For the first time since their draw with Nigeria, Rwanda are fielding their full squad

[2] Since Roger Palmgren took over as coach, the Wasps have not lost at home. He has made it clear that there is no way his team will lose this game

[3] Looking at both teams, Rwanda is by far the better squad

[4] Rwanda has sorted out all its bonus problems and their players are fully focused for the game. They know that if they win this game, they will climb up the Fifa rankings and get seeded for Ghana 2008

[5] Rwanda are so committed to preventing any mago-mago that they have moved their players to a remote training camp where no Angolans can reach them and offer the players bribes

[6] Caf has noticed that Angola is hoping to sneak in through the back door so have appointed their best referee to handle the match

[7] With all the international focus, Rwanda's players know that thisis their opportunity to impress and bag lucrative contracts in Europe. With coaches like Mouriniho and Queiroz in town, most of Rwanda's players have begun nursing hopes of joining Chelsea and Man U

[8] With Jimmy Gatete playing, you are guaranteed goals. Nigeria and Ghana can attest to his ability

[9] Cosafa wanted to muscle in and ensure that at least one East African country qualifies but Rwanda does not want Angola to be the first country from the region to go to the mundial. After their good showing in Tunisia 2004, Rwanda consider themselves better

[10] Most of Rwanda's players play for the army team APR. As we all know, thousands of Rwandan soldiers were massacered in the Democratic Republic of Congo by the Angolan Army when they cla
shed there.

[11] The gate fees have been slashed, meaning that the stadium will become a cauldrom

[12] Angola's players have been put under too much pressure. Imagine being visited by the ruling party, led by its secretary general

[13] Rwanda's players know they will not leave there alive if they lose that match

[14] Roger Palmgren, their coach is a very ambitious man. This is his last match in charge and he wants to obtain a favourable result that will get him a good job elsewhere

[15] If you saw the Rwanda vs Nigeria game, you will know that the Wasps can easily beat Angola. Nigeria were lucky to get away with a draw in that game

[16] Do you know that Rwanda is currently ranked 24th in Africa. Come Ghana 2008, the top 25 teams get seeded. If Rwanda lose, they risk not being seeded and facing someone like Cameroon, Nigeria, Senegal, Tunisia or Ivory Coast in a head to head qualification game

[17] Rwanda know that a victory will keep them in 24th position at the very least. These boys enjoyed going to Tunisia 2004 and want to be in Ghana in 2008

[18] I have not seen anything to suggest Angola can beat Rwanda in Kigali. Is this not the same team that could not beat anyone else on the road?

[19] Do you know that Jimmy Gatete once had trials with AA Ghenk but was let go after he got injured? Do you not think he will want to use this opportunity to get a European contract?

[20] You just need to read Rwandan newspapers to see how seriously they are taking this game. No one goes to the stadium to lose a game!

------------------------------------------------------------
Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear smart until you hear them speak.
Don't steal. The government hates competition.
Some people think life is black,
Some people think its white,
We all know its black and white
FORZA JUVE!!!
Make new friends
But keep the old
One is silver
The other is gold
-----------------------------------------------------------
Fight crime, shoot back.
Re: I am 95% Sure That We'll Qualify for Germany 2006 by Bibi(m): 9:11pm On Oct 07, 2005
@Chxta, I sincerely hope your statistics hold. We will know in less than 24 hours. I believe Nigeria has helped (or is helping) Rwanda to assemble a full squad with some promisses which we will not be privileged to know unless it becomes scandalous.

Anyway, while we are paying Rwandans a fortune to make sure they frustrate the Angolans, I'm not so sure about our readiness for Zimbabwe. We have all taken it for granted that they will be walkover for Eagles.

I think the matches will not be decided on fair play. I see them as games of wits, nerves and intrigues, of scheming with referees and linesmen and the various footballers treacherous tactics. I'm sure as Nigeria is doing, Angola is not leaving anything to chance. Hence we will see not a tactical match, but a dreadfull 90 minutes in with the bad(der?) team will most likely win, employing every trickery known and unknown.
Re: I am 95% Sure That We'll Qualify for Germany 2006 by bagoma(f): 12:05am On Oct 08, 2005
Bibi, i agree with you absolutely. but for the sake of my happiness and that of over 100 million people chxta's theories must hold water o. i'm so so jittery.
Re: I am 95% Sure That We'll Qualify for Germany 2006 by drbigdaddyg(m): 9:29am On Oct 08, 2005
Chxta has all his points real.
Let me give theĀ  21st reason; The coach in one of his reasons for their must-win match said, "Nigeria needs a foreign coach and if I make Rwandans win this match, I will easily get the contract to coach their (Nigerian super eagles) team".
Whatelse can be more encouraging than a hope of coaching a whole Nigerian squard? Is too much. cheesy grin smiley
Re: I am 95% Sure That We'll Qualify for Germany 2006 by Ka: 9:45am On Oct 08, 2005
You know the problem with your analysis?

Everything depends on Rwanda - in short, there is not a lot that Nigeria can do itself to save itself from disaster (except to beat Zimbabwe).

Having said that, I would sleep very well tonight if Nigeria crashed out. If this is what it takes for Nigeria to completely reform the organisation of football, then so be it.
Re: I am 95% Sure That We'll Qualify for Germany 2006 by drbigdaddyg(m): 9:53am On Oct 08, 2005
Nigeria has learnt her lessons and God has forgiven them.
God has therefore given the match into their favour. Rejoice grin
Re: I am 95% Sure That We'll Qualify for Germany 2006 by olaide07(f): 10:49am On Oct 08, 2005
We are all optimistic and pray that our dream come true
Re: I am 95% Sure That We'll Qualify for Germany 2006 by obong(m): 2:11pm On Oct 08, 2005
it might be good if we dont win. it'll help us be better prepared next time
Re: I am 95% Sure That We'll Qualify for Germany 2006 by drbigdaddyg(m): 2:47pm On Oct 08, 2005
Then, how sure are you that such opportunity of qualification will be waiting for you next time.
NOTE: Better make use of opportunity while it is there you because that opportinity might be needed when it is no more there.
Re: I am 95% Sure That We'll Qualify for Germany 2006 by WesleyanA(f): 8:36pm On Oct 08, 2005
i guess we didn't qualify.
Re: I am 95% Sure That We'll Qualify for Germany 2006 by Chxta(m): 9:09am On Oct 09, 2005
Some people can only think short term and that is why we need inteligent, football minded folk to reorganize our football. We need discipline, commitment and dedication from the players. If they are not willing to be positive pieces to the puzzle then they should be discarded regardless of talent. If only CCC had the balls to axe Okocha sooner maybe he would have been able to reign in some of the players that defied all rules.

Today, I think it is obvious that Okocha's indiscipline hurt us more than his talent helped us during this campaign. For those who are willing to give Mikel Obi every latitude as he continues down his current chosen path- beware. A dedicated, disciplined and average footballer is always better for team play than a primadona. Lawal has proven this for over a decade now.

If Mikel does not get his act together then he should be axed from the National team until he is ready to conform and earn his place.
This is why Cameroon have been able to achieve what they have and we continue to meander. We have not had the organization and coach that puts the team ahead of any player regardless of status and until we do that, we will continue to suffer.

In the mean time, I understand the need to find a scape goat on which all our problems can be heaped on. Kill Christian Chukwu!
Re: I am 95% Sure That We'll Qualify for Germany 2006 by Bibi(m): 9:20am On Oct 09, 2005
@Chxta: Im sure if we had made it to the world cup yesterday, there wont be need for your last comment. Anyway that is history. Since we dont make the world cup, lets see if we have learnt anything in our preparation for the African Nations cup.
We didnt lose the world cup ticket because of Obi or Chukwu or Okocha. We lost is due to very poor administration. The foresight was missing. As long as we confuse patriotism with success, then we will always have this kind of dilema. We all knew Chukwu was tactically weak, yet for patriotic reasons we kept in there too long until the damage was done. We have better indegineous coaches and definitely Chukwu is not on top. Also, the seeminly mafia setup in the coaching and members of the camp will always betray Nigerians, putting the mafia and personal concerns upfront the National need.
Re: I am 95% Sure That We'll Qualify for Germany 2006 by bagoma(f): 7:35pm On Oct 09, 2005
yeah, we didn't qualify and what better time to apportion blame than now? the nfa, the sports ministry, the super eagles, Christian Chukwu, the whole Nigerian set-up are all responsible for our woes. if only we'd learn and move on then it wouldn't be so tragic but I'm afraid we'd still be dancing to the same old song come four years from now.
Re: I am 95% Sure That We'll Qualify for Germany 2006 by chimanu2000(m): 1:20pm On Oct 10, 2005
Apologies to all Nigerians we didnt qualify despite chxtas predictions but look on the bright side the oldies no longer have an excuse to keep on playing and for once in a long time the nations cup will be the center of attraction for some of the bigger nations whom of course with the "blessings" of the european clubs would send their best squads for the first time in along. Cheer up all of you 2010 beckons.. grin
Re: I am 95% Sure That We'll Qualify for Germany 2006 by drbigdaddyg(m): 8:53am On Oct 11, 2005
Ofcourse, we all have cheered ourselves up. Nothing happen, we'll live till 2010.
Re: I am 95% Sure That We'll Qualify for Germany 2006 by Greatpeter(m): 1:40pm On Oct 12, 2005
It's dishertening that Nigeria and cameroon won't be in Germany next year.
Re: I am 95% Sure That We'll Qualify for Germany 2006 by drbigdaddyg(m): 1:41pm On Oct 12, 2005
What of country like England?
Re: I am 95% Sure That We'll Qualify for Germany 2006 by Greatpeter(m): 1:44pm On Oct 12, 2005
England has qualified for the World cup or what do you mean?
Re: I am 95% Sure That We'll Qualify for Germany 2006 by drbigdaddyg(m): 3:26pm On Oct 12, 2005
Oh! I was misinformed.
Re: I am 95% Sure That We'll Qualify for Germany 2006 by demmy(m): 4:19pm On Oct 13, 2005
cry for the thread starter. sorry
Re: I am 95% Sure That We'll Qualify for Germany 2006 by drbigdaddyg(m): 4:57pm On Oct 13, 2005
There is no big deal there, though we lost, we won by the number of goals scored which is the pure determinant of the best in soccer.

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal White Away Jersey Concept! / Picture: Juventus Setup Camping At The Bernabue REAL MADRID Vs JUVENTUS / Mikel Obi And His Girlfriend, Olga, Kiss Passionately In New Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.