Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

My Brake Pedal Makes Some Noise Anytime Its pressed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Brake Pedal Makes Some Noise Anytime Its pressed (4102 Views)

Please Help!!! My Brake Pedal Goes All The Way Down / Brake Failure While Driving: What Should Drivers Do? / Speeding Vehicle That Failed Brake Ran Into Ikosi-ketu Branch Of Mr Biggs(photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Brake Pedal Makes Some Noise Anytime Its pressed by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 19, 2015
Dear Nlanders, anytime I hit the brake pedal, it (the pedal) makes some kind of noise and it's been like this since I bought the car. I've taken it to several mechanics, yet no solution has been preferred.

Please, who knows the cause of this and probably how to get it solved....its a brake issue and I believe it shouldn't be toiled with. it's a corolla 05

Cc ikenna351, lomonike and all d gurus in dis section
Re: My Brake Pedal Makes Some Noise Anytime Its pressed by gab264(m): 5:41pm On Feb 19, 2015
I think it needs apc change...
Re: My Brake Pedal Makes Some Noise Anytime Its pressed by derrick333(m): 5:48pm On Feb 19, 2015
E don chop go chnge am b4 e afect d disk,wit 2500 or original 3500 den giv mechanic 1k to chnge am cool
Re: My Brake Pedal Makes Some Noise Anytime Its pressed by Slimzjoe(m): 5:51pm On Feb 19, 2015
Its Fake Brake Pads....Buy Original One.....Mechanic Just Told Me That Right nw
Re: My Brake Pedal Makes Some Noise Anytime Its pressed by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 19, 2015
The noise is coming from d inside. It's not a pad issue. The noise is from the brake pedal (the one you match anytime you wan catch brake grin) not the brake disk/pads

Re: My Brake Pedal Makes Some Noise Anytime Its pressed by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:31pm On Feb 19, 2015
Scan the pedal grin. Bring down the entire setup, search for the noise when the pedal is out you will find it.
Re: My Brake Pedal Makes Some Noise Anytime Its pressed by Nobody: 7:29pm On Feb 19, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Scan the pedal grin. Bring down the entire setup, search for the noise when the pedal is out you will find it.

Ok. I will have to ask a mechanic to bring down the whole brake pedal system. Tnx sire
Re: My Brake Pedal Makes Some Noise Anytime Its pressed by clemz85(m): 10:22pm On Feb 20, 2015
change the whole pedal compactment
Re: My Brake Pedal Makes Some Noise Anytime Its pressed by doroboss(m): 11:48am On Feb 21, 2015
clemz85:
change the whole pedal compactment

Not a very fair assessment.
Re: My Brake Pedal Makes Some Noise Anytime Its pressed by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
doroboss:

Not a very fair assessment.

Abi o my broda...
Re: My Brake Pedal Makes Some Noise Anytime Its pressed by chukel(m): 2:52pm On Feb 22, 2015
U have not even described the noise. It may actually be coming from under the car. R u sure ur brake piston and sliding pins don't need lubrication. Put ur car on park, and apply d brakes. If u hear the noise only wen u apply the brakes wen in motion, then ur brake system needs lubrication. Please come back and let us kn how u resolved it wen u finally do.
Re: My Brake Pedal Makes Some Noise Anytime Its pressed by Ricmayak1: 4:11pm On Feb 22, 2015
Describe the noise. If the brake pedal feels spongy especially on loose/slippery surfaces, it's normal ABS operation. It will feel as if the brake is not effective but you have to keep the pedal depressed.
BR.
Re: My Brake Pedal Makes Some Noise Anytime Its pressed by luvinhubby(m): 8:08am On Feb 23, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
grin grin
That was mean. cheesy
Re: My Brake Pedal Makes Some Noise Anytime Its pressed by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 24, 2015
Does it make this noise even when the car is not in motion?
Re: My Brake Pedal Makes Some Noise Anytime Its pressed by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 24, 2015
0rex:
Does it make this noise even when the car is not in motion?

Yes. It makes the noise anytime you hit/match the brake pedal
Re: My Brake Pedal Makes Some Noise Anytime Its pressed by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 24, 2015
himkers:

Yes. It makes the noise anytime you hit/match the brake pedal
I'm not familiar with this type of problem but I suggest you have your brake pedal setup checked and probably oil the joints if you observe the noise is coming from there. Also check your brake booster if you experience an hissing sound and/or erratic idle when you press the pedal.

(1) (Reply)

Which Is Better: Diesel Engine Or Petrol Engine? / Alloy Wheels Price / Throttle Sensor Always Getting Bad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.