Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year (1507 Views)

Robin Van Persie Named PFA Player Of The Year / PFA Player Of The Year Award 2011/2012 Nominees / Drogba named African Player of the Year 2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year by Jascobee: 6:49am On Jan 07, 2009
EMMANUEL ADEBAYOR has won the African Player of the Year crown for the second year running.
The Togo and Arsenal striker picked up his award in Abu Dhabi along with £65,000 after beating off competition from Chelsea’s Ivory Coast forward Didier Drogba and Wigan’s Egyptian hitman Amr Zaki.

Manchester United midfielder Park Ji Sung has been named Asian Player of the Year.

Though i'm an ARSENAL fan but i feel Amr Zaki or Aboutrika should have been given the award,i guess it's because they played in local league.I think it's hightime we stopped using oyinbo league as a yardstick for this award.
Anyway,CONGRATS TO ADEBAYOR,i pray he stops wasting our glorious chances in front of goals,
Re: Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year by Jarus(m): 9:42am On Jan 07, 2009
Who's giving this? CAF? BBC?
Re: Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year by tosinaded(m): 10:08am On Jan 07, 2009
Jascobee:

Though i'm an ARSENAL fan but i feel Amr Zaki or Aboutrika should have been given the award,

are u ok?
Re: Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year by Jascobee: 5:24pm On Jan 07, 2009
@tosinaded,

What's that suppose to mean?pls i hate insulting pple and dont tolerate such from pple.U are free to express ur opinions,same for me.
Re: Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year by Sauron1: 5:31pm On Jan 07, 2009
Jascobee:

Manchester United midfielder Park Ji Sung has been named Asian Player of the Year.

Shocking!!!

Park Ji Sung missed at least half of last season.
he Asians prolly have the same bias we have in Africa.

Though i'm an ARSENAL fan but i feel Amr Zaki or Aboutrika should have been given the award,i guess it's because they played in local league.
I think it's hightime we stopped using oyinbo league as a yardstick for this award.
Anyway,CONGRATS TO ADEBAYOR,i pray he stops wasting our glorious chances in front of goals,

Aboutrika shoulda won it.
Adebayor won nuthing last season besides scoring 30 goals for Arsenal
THIRTY GOALS that amounted to nuthing as far as club titles are concerned is as worthless as scoring NO GOALS.
CAF/BBC and whoever dishing out these awards should be locked up.
Re: Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year by Jascobee: 5:44pm On Jan 07, 2009
@sauron,
my points exactly, I believe the award shd be given to pple that contribute to football development in the continent,Hence ABOUTRIKA or ZAKI shd have won it.
Re: Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year by AJITERU: 6:38pm On Jan 07, 2009
Adebayor deserves this award. Let all congratulate him.
Re: Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year by niniman(m): 7:33pm On Jan 07, 2009
source please, who gave the award, bbc or caf?
Re: Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year by niniman(m): 7:39pm On Jan 07, 2009
I think the CAF african footballer should go to Aboutrika cos of his contribution to football in the continent[Egypt and Al Ahly]
Re: Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year by Jascobee: 7:49pm On Jan 07, 2009
@niniman,
pls visit www.thesun.co.uk/football
Re: Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year by tosinaded(m): 9:50pm On Jan 07, 2009
Jascobee:

@tosinaded,

What's that suppose to mean?please i hate insulting people and don't tolerate such from people.U are free to express ur opinions,same for me.

if u see it as an insult, so be it!!!!
rubbish
dey vex on top nothing
Re: Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year by ow11(m): 10:00pm On Jan 07, 2009
@jacob

Which kind award be this?

Jascobee:

EMMANUEL ADEBAYOR has won the African Player of the Year crown for the second year running.

BBC haven't handed out their awards yet as the voting is still on http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/indepth/african_footballer_2008.shtml

CAF doesn't hand out awards until the very big award show that takes place during the first quarter of the following year of the year being considered. Drogba was on hand to win in 2007 and the award was done in Feb 2008 during the AFCON.

Now the only player of the year awards for African players worthy of mention is the one handed out by CAF and to some extent BBC.
Re: Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year by mukina2: 11:42pm On Jan 07, 2009
Adebayor!!!! cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year by chyk91(m): 4:19am On Jan 08, 2009
pls who gave him this award, i know caf award is coming up next month in lagos. unless its bbc award which i doubt.
Re: Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 08, 2009
The BBC award is due to be announced on Friday on their Fast Track program.
Re: Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year by dayokanu(m): 9:53am On Jan 08, 2009
Adebayor was given the award by Lolly magazine
Re: Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year by tkb417(m): 9:56am On Jan 08, 2009
Aboutrika won the CAF African footballer of the year, Adebayor came second while Zaki came third
The awards will be given in Lagos sometime soon

where did jascobee get this thing from?
even The BBC award hasnt been concluded yet
Re: Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 08, 2009
Dayo,
You must be CRAZY!!!!
So you sef dey read Lolly? grin
How you come dey do am since e no suppose dey Yankee where you dey?
Re: Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year by allboyz(m): 2:14pm On Jan 08, 2009
i am not sure this poster gave us the right information.

i think the CAF awards are not given yet nor is the BBC awards.

But Adebayo would always deserve even if Aboutrika seem outstanding.
Re: Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year by Jascobee: 5:21pm On Jan 08, 2009
@tosinaded,
U MUST BE A MORALLY BANKRUPT PERSON.I AM MORE THAN CONVINCED THAT UR PARENTS FAILED WOEFULLY TO GIVE U THE NECESSARY MORAL UPBRINGING THAT U DESERVED.OFFSPRING OF A BROKEN HOME.
Re: Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year by Jascobee: 5:24pm On Jan 08, 2009
pls check www.thesun.co.uk/football.

i doubt if it's the GLO CAF award but this one was organised in ABU DHABI.
Re: Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year by kokori2: 5:48pm On Jan 08, 2009
@tosinadedda,

U HAVE BEEN BANNED SEVERAL TIMES FOR OFFENCES LIKE THIS.U WERE BANNED AS TOSINADEDA,NOW U ARE TOSINADED,

I have been following all ur posts in this forum,You sound like somebody that was deprived of so many things when growing up.why must u abuse somebody before u make posts and the poster even had the courtesy to correct u but u insulted him.
U are a very arrogant and rude person.

@all,
i guess the award is not the CAF award,it was an award organise by the BIG GUYS IN UAE
Re: Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year by tosinaded(m): 6:43pm On Jan 08, 2009
@tosinadedda,

U HAVE BEEN BANNED SEVERAL TIMES FOR OFFENCES LIKE THIS.U WERE BANNED AS TOSINADEDA,NOW U ARE TOSINADED,

I have been following all ur posts in this forum,You sound like somebody that was deprived of so many things when growing up.why must u abuse somebody before u make posts and the poster even had the courtesy to correct u but u insulted him.
U are a very arrogant and rude person.

@kokori2

ure trying to correct sumtn and ure doing the same thing!!!!
what does that make u
a fool

@tosinaded,
U MUST BE A MORALLY BANKRUPT PERSON.I AM MORE THAN CONVINCED THAT UR PARENTS FAILED WOEFULLY TO GIVE U THE NECESSARY MORAL UPBRINGING THAT U DESERVED.OFFSPRING OF A BROKEN HOME.

@jascobe or wuteva
like i said before if u see my comment as an insult, so be it!!!
i av no apologies for my comment!!!!

and by the, nice qualities u av up there!!!!
Re: Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year by AloyEmeka9: 4:45am On Jan 09, 2009
Ade wetin?
Re: Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year by Jarus(m): 4:37pm On Jan 11, 2009
I don't who's giving the award being quoted here. CAF and BBC are the most recognised and neither of them has announced their APotY winner.
By the way i see Adebayor winning CAF. BBC? Adebayor is the current holder and may also retain that.
Re: Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year by chyk91(m): 10:01pm On Jan 11, 2009
i dont know this kind of fake award ooooooo.
Re: Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year by insight04: 12:21am On Jan 12, 2009
Adebayor was a goal scoring legend in 2008.He deserves all the African Awards
Re: Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year by chyk91(m): 7:47am On Jan 12, 2009
yea he deserves to win the caf and bbc award no doubt, but this fake award he won, how come no one knows it.
Re: Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year by allboyz(m): 8:23pm On Jan 12, 2009
glo - caf awards holds on 10th february 2009. . . confirmed
Re: Adebayor Named African Player Of The Year by Jarus(m): 5:55pm On Jan 13, 2009

(1) (Reply)

Michael Emenalo Appointed As Chelsea Fc New Assistant First-team Coach! / Chelsea May Recoup Fernando Torres Transfer Fee In Shirt Sales Alone / EPL MATCHES TO BE PLAYED THIS WEEKEND!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.