Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" (29511 Views)

Best Answer To The Interview Question - Why Hire You? / 'how To Answer The Question, "How Much Do We Pay You?"' / 5 Ways To Answer The Interview Question, "Why Do You Want To Work Here?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by seemsnice: 8:30am On Feb 20, 2015
Bobbysworld28:
Ah, this is a great (and very common) question. To begin, your interviewer is looking to see your response to determine your character. As a candidate, you should never use this question to bash your current or previous employer. Nor should you use this question to make yourself look bad by saying something like, 'I just couldn't handle it.' or 'I didn't like my co-workers'. The best response is: 'I am looking for the experience that can prepare me better for my future as a ____. I have been told that your company is known for developing people professionally...ect. etc.' Good luck!!

http://www.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_answer_'Why_do_you_want_to_change_your_job'_in_a_job_interview
I really commend u on d write up, mind u, d interviewer may av diff meaning to dis, he may tell you, perhaps if u a fortunate to get emploed and base on wat u said, u can as well leave our company once u gathered all u nid for a better offer, what will now be ur response?
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by Umarmusa1988(m): 8:50am On Feb 20, 2015
Am a serving corper so i may not get much experience. The first thing to do is stay positive regarless of the circumstances. Never refer to a major problem with management and never speak ill of supervisors, co-workers or the organisation. If you do, you will be the one looking bad. Keep smiling and talk about leaving for a positive reason such as an opportunity, a chance to do something special or other forward-looking reasons.
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by Nobody: 8:59am On Feb 20, 2015
seemsnice:

I really commend u on d write up, mind u, d interviewer may av diff meaning to dis, he may tell you, perhaps if u a fortunate to get emploed and base on wat u said, u can as well leave our company once u gathered all u nid for a better offer, what will now be ur response?
I see myself growing alongside the establishment in perfect synergy because of shared goals and ideals. When however, it comes to parting ways I am sure the parting will be mutually beneficial
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by AlPicapcI(m): 12:28pm On Feb 20, 2015
Simple looking for a fresh/new challenge.
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by alotofgrace(m): 12:42pm On Feb 20, 2015
levelszik:
best suggestion ever, you just made my day.kudos!

success bro
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by USAPRODUCTS(m): 2:03am On Feb 21, 2015
The right answer for a job interview in the United States would be" To work for an employer to grow with,the opportunity to use my skills, ability, knowledge and objective to contribute to the development of the establishment, and grow myself for a career". That should work in Nigeria too, but I might be wrong.
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by Alichigozie: 1:30pm On May 23, 2015
lordprosh:

like wr i work bfor..dy dont blv in my ideas coz am young nd dy all are old pple..i had to leave coz i wasnt gettn d best out of m out

ok
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by cybriz82(m): 12:29am On Jan 23, 2016
So u are planing to dasuki dis company once u get d whole xperience abi?
Re: How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" by cybriz82(m): 12:33am On Jan 23, 2016
Everybody keep saying dey need a more challenge job...by d time dey ask u to raise an imposible target under a week.una go begin cry say somebody for villa no want una progress.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Released List Of Candidates For Batch 27 Aptitude Test (photos) / Workforce Interview / United States Consulate General Job Recruitment (5 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.