Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,723 members, 7,831,297 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! (21306 Views)

Can I Relocate My Family To My Village Because Of My Wife's Job? / ARE YOU PACKING TO ANOTHER APARTMENT & NEED HELP WITH PACKING? / Am Confused : My Baby Mother Disappears With Our Baby. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by seangy4konji: 3:19pm On Feb 20, 2015
Sorry to burst your bubble but women are very cunny people...Let het sleep in her parents house for some days and see if the night mares do come or not but trust me,she will say she did not have any night mares that it only happens inside the house...

When women have committed a stupid or foolish act around the family ie enviroment,gossips,fighting with neighbours,trashy with neighbours or fuckkedd a neighbour close to the house?seeing the person they committed the act with gives them heart ache especially when the person the act was committed with even talks with the husband so the fear of the secret spilling out someday haunts them so they try their best to quickly move the husband away from the area to avoid that story that touches the heart...

Just saying but what if it really nightmares that has nothing to do with house

Women ehn

PS...There are spiritual attacks which means something is surely happening but let God know your problems,pray like no tommorow and ask God to take charge...Leaving the house wont solve the problem trust me...i used to have night mares also and na prayer but a house of 5 years and its just happening?something new and strange just sorrounded the house maybe.
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by jdilight(m): 3:22pm On Feb 20, 2015
dein77:

The attacks started a few weeks ago. We've been living in this apartment for over 5 years.

For the rent, it was due.

In my opinion, l will tell you to relocate to another place for 1 or 2 week. If it happen again you know its not a matter of location.

Weather is a result of location or not, some powers are not dealt with by prayer but by knowledge. Pick your Bible with your wife and seek God's truth.

One truth revealed to you is more effective that 1 year prayer.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by DECOtech(m): 3:28pm On Feb 20, 2015
dein77:

My wife's been having recurrent nightmares. Seriously, she hardly have a smooth night. Its all screams and screams, and incessant dreams of death hovering around us. We have prayed and fasted, but the dreams keep coming. Whenever I'm on night shift, I'm also worried about her safety back home. Its either she dreams of our kids having serious attacks or herself being under attacks. Its really challenging.

A few weeks ago, we visited a pastor, and after some discussions he suggested we should relocate to another apartment/place. I pretended like I didnt hear him. When we got home, my wife brought the issue up again and I told her we werent going anywhere. I told her we should continue praying and believe God to see us through. We've been in our current apartment for a little over 5 years. Now she says shes no longer comfortable with the house and that we must relocate. Honestly, she hardly enjoys the place. Whether or not it got anything to do with what our pastor told us, I couldnt tell.

My stand is this: being a Christian over a decade, plus knowing the fact relocating to a new place may not necessarily stop the attacks, I still believe we should ask some of our pastors to come over to our house and join us in prayer. I believe a Christian shouldnt run from demonic attacks, but should instead fight back and withstand these foes. Its my belief shaa!

I just renewed our rent for the year a few days ago. But my wife is still insisting we relocate. Her health and happiness, needless to say, is very important to the both of us, and I dont want to appear insensitive and selfish. What should I do? What if she is right? Should I stand my ground? What if I'm wrong? Too many thoughts crossing my mind. That will be the third place we will be relocating to within our axis.

Whats the best way to handle this situation? Please, I will appreciate all meaningful suggestions and advice....

Thanks, in advance.

Please relocate first.
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by lilmax(m): 3:42pm On Feb 20, 2015
Something is hidden,FIND IT
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by dein77(m): 3:44pm On Feb 20, 2015
lilmax:
Something is hidden,FIND IT

I don't disagree! I'm going to find it out!
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by dein77(m): 4:07pm On Feb 20, 2015
Untrollable:
She's using these "nightmares" as an excuse to let you leave for a while so she can cheat on you. Just saying tho...

I take exception to words such as these.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by OLUJOSHINS(m): 4:11pm On Feb 20, 2015
some have the gift of prophecy, some speaking in tongues, some see visions.

Ur wife might be seeing a warning here sir.

I am also a good christian but pls Ur family is way too important to risk waiting in the house.
I know say e no easy to just cough out money for another house again but I prefer paying house rent 100 times in a month than buying coffin.

Please sir. For the love of Ur super precious Family, leave the house. I can assure U that if something bad happen to any of Ur kids, Ur wife will continue to nag about it for the rest of Ur life.
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by Aringon(m): 4:13pm On Feb 20, 2015
Oga Mr Joseph in bible was a christian and when Mrs Potiphar approached him for sex, he ben-johnsoned. Consider the safety of your wife and children before you become head -strong and later one regret it.

Have gone thru this and I packed out of the house, u r lucky it hasn't affected ur business or job else you wud not have sat down to type this.

dein77:
Good evening, my able people. I initially wanted to post this thread on RELIGION section, but on a second thought, I considered it will make more sense to post it here. The issues to be discussed cut across FAMILY and RELIGION, hence my confusion over which section it should be posted.

My wife's been having recurrent nightmares. Seriously, she hardly have a smooth night. Its all screams and screams, and incessant dreams of death hovering around us. We have prayed and fasted, but the dreams keep coming. Whenever I'm on night shift, I'm also worried about her safety back home. Its either she dreams of our kids having serious attacks or herself being under attacks. Its really challenging.

A few weeks ago, we visited a pastor, and after some discussions he suggested we should relocate to another apartment/place. I pretended like I didnt hear him. When we got home, my wife brought the issue up again and I told her we werent going anywhere. I told her we should continue praying and believe God to see us through. We've been in our current apartment for a little over 5 years. Now she says shes no longer comfortable with the house and that we must relocate. Honestly, she hardly enjoys the place. Whether or not it got anything to do with what our pastor told us, I couldnt tell.

Today, she brought it up again. She had gone to see her business colleague, and according to her they zoomed off into religious stuff, and the issue of our house and the bad dreams came up. Of course, her pastor friend also suggested we relocate. A little argument came up and i had to leave the house. I'm typing from the office; night duty things.

My stand is this: being a Christian over a decade, plus knowing the fact relocating to a new place may not necessarily stop the attacks, I still believe we should ask some of our pastors to come over to our house and join us in prayer. I believe a Christian shouldnt run from demonic attacks, but should instead fight back and withstand these foes. Its my belief shaa!

I just renewed our rent for the year a few days ago. But my wife is still insisting we relocate. Her health and happiness, needless to say, is very important to the both of us, and I dont want to appear insensitive and selfish. What should I do? What if she is right? Should I stand my ground? What if I'm wrong? Too many thoughts crossing my mind. That will be the third place we will be relocating to within our axis.

Whats the best way to handle this situation? Please, I will appreciate all meaningful suggestions and advice....

Thanks, in advance.
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by rbekins: 4:14pm On Feb 20, 2015
My guy, i feel very pity cus of your predicament. I have gone through many of the advises and suggestions here but i discovered one peculiar about the whole issue at hand. Now, can you reason with me and look into your matter this way. Since only your wife is the only person in the house going through this ordeal and you people have prayed and contacted a Pastor still the DREAM persist, two things are involve here. 1) Either she has done some sinister in the past which she did not let you know that is haunting her, 2) If you people are living in a public yard, May be a presence of you guys neighbor in that very yard is really tormenting her. Check whether some one packed in newly in there recently. Check properly and observe whether those DREAMS she claimed are fake or real, after all you have not had any from the one. I know them very well but please i don't mean to bring negative perception here but i'm 100% sure of what i'm saying about their nature.

I wish you a Happy and serenity Home.

dein77:
Good evening, my able people. I initially wanted to post this thread on RELIGION section, but on a second thought, I considered it will make more sense to post it here. The issues to be discussed cut across FAMILY and RELIGION, hence my confusion over which section it should be posted.

Today, she brought it up again. She had gone to see her business colleague, and according to her they zoomed off into religious stuff, and the issue of our house and the bad dreams came up. Of course, her pastor friend also suggested we relocate. A little argument came up and i had to leave the house. I'm typing from the office; night duty things.

Thanks, in advance.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by OLUJOSHINS(m): 4:14pm On Feb 20, 2015
don't start an unnecessary debate with Ur wife as these people are advising. Delay might be costly.
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 20, 2015
Op get your wife to a health professional as a matter of priority. What you call 'demonic attacks' some would call an untreated mental health issue. Don't ignore the fact that mental health problems affect 1 in 4 people.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by frankkad(m): 4:21pm On Feb 20, 2015
dein77:

Thanks, in advance.

The best thing is to call ur wife to order, ask her of her past or try and find out urself. Hmmmmmmm very skechy issue!!! Ask if she took oath years back with someone before u met her.
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 20, 2015
Dein from ur name guess ur kalabari,we need to talk 08173199937. Heard abt a story like dis in ABM d husband doubted the Wife till d spirits bcame violent
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by dein77(m): 4:34pm On Feb 20, 2015
obakovich:
Dein from ur name guess ur kalabari,we need to talk 08173199937. Heard abt a story like dis in ABM d husband doubted the Wife till d spirits bcame violent

Pretty close guess. Ijaw!!!!
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by gerona: 4:38pm On Feb 20, 2015
My candid opinion:

1. Things don’t just happen without a reason. Even the bible says he that breaks the edge the serpent will bite. Let her reconsider her life from the date the nightmare started to be sure she did not call the nightmare upon herself by her acts.
2. She should stay away from the house and spend the night outside the house for about a week to determine the relationship between her, her nightmares and the house
3. She should ask for the mercies of God and carry out blood of sprinkling in the house. By this I mean she should pray upon water, read the Psalms e.g Psalm 91 and Psalm 23 and any other relevant verse of the bible while hands are in the water, thereby converting the water to the blood of Jesus and then sprinkle the blood of Jesus all around the house and inside her rooms. She must desist from all evil and appearances of evil and rededicate herself to God. Invite the spirit of the Lord into your home because where the spirit of God is, there is liberty.
REST ASSURED THAT HELP IS ON THE WAY IN JESUS NAME, AMEN.
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 20, 2015
[quote author=dein77 post=30918638]]

Pretty close guess. Ijaw!!!![/quote
Entities leave on this planet and beyond,ur Wife might have an intuition abt sometn that wants to happen. Take out time to monitor ur office and close family member needs to fast]
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by Reference(m): 4:49pm On Feb 20, 2015
dein77:

Thanks, in advance.

Look mister. Get her a job, work that will task her body and mind so badly that she will be asleep before she hits the bed and alarmed when the bell wakes her in the morning. It is only lazy people that dream and lazy plus indolent minds that have nightmares. Even though I'm a light sleeper my alarm is not my friend due to sheer exhaustion. All these so called 'businesses' that involve putting one's leg up all day 'waiting for customers', that give enough time for stray thoughts and idle talk are fertile grounds for corruption. Be advised. Occupation is the key to positive mental growth.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by dein77(m): 4:56pm On Feb 20, 2015
Reference:

Look mister. Get her a job, work that will task her body and mind so badly that she will be asleep before she hits the bed and alarmed when the bell wakes her in the morning. It is only lazy people that dream and lazy plus indolent minds that have nightmares. Even though I'm a light sleeper my alarm is not my friend due to sheer exhaustion. All these so called 'businesses' that involve putting one's leg up all day 'waiting for customers', that give enough time for stray thoughts and idle talk are fertile grounds for corruption. Be advised. Occupation is the key to positive mental growth.

She's gainfully employed!
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by Jorussia(m): 5:23pm On Feb 20, 2015
dein77:

Thanks, in advance.
The chances of the house being the problem is very slim,base on what you said that it just started few weeks ago.I will advise you to simply pray that God should show the secret behind the problem. Your wife,must reject fear,and confess every unconfessed sin if she has any.Majority of night mares come from fear and polluted mind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by oluks05: 5:35pm On Feb 20, 2015
Ma guy ur wife is probably having a panic/anxiety attack. I wld say u shld get her sleeping pills (valium 1 tab) to use each night before sleep max 3 days valium also has a calming effect apart from being sedative. And like someone suggested maybe u guys shld see a psychologist/psychiatrist. As a xtian I wld say u shld pray too. Don't think moving out wld do make any difference.

Ps: Don't be offended about the "seeing a psychiatrist" is jst that's their area of expertise and I do believe it wld be beneficial.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 20, 2015
Since I became an atheist about half a decade ago, I've had about three or four nightmares in all that time.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by INTERPERFECT: 5:51pm On Feb 20, 2015
My dear youngman,
There is absolutely nothing to fear when the devil is taunting you with evil dreams.
It only means that you have a destiny that is challenging the operation of the devil.I also need to remind you that, even though your wife had constant nightmares in dreams do not mean that they can kill her, the children or you.Note that dreams are spiritual negatives(like camera films)
that you need to process before it becomes real.When you dream that you are dead, the first thing you have to do when you wake up is
to call devil a big fool because you CANNOT SEE YOURSELF DEAD.Therefore always have this in you mind
that for every positive life thoughts you have, the devil has a negative or counterfeit which he will always show you -See John10:10
Even if you have to move to another country, the nightmares will equally continues until you deal with root in prayer
PRESCRIPTION: Using Jeremiah 33:3,Luke 21:15,Matt 18:18-20 and Philippians 2:9-11, you and your wife should embark on a minimum of three days prayer and fasting breaking at 6:00pm. Then Pray prayers of inquiring every Midnight(12:00-3:00am) in this Order
(1) THANKSGIVING,PRAISE AND WORSHIP-1HOUR HAVING READ AND MEDITATED ON PSALM 149:5-9 AND ACTS 16:25-26
(2) PRAY LIKE THIS: My Father,my Father reveal/show the source of this attack to me and my wife in the name of Jesus-30minutes
(3) My Father, my Father what must I do to overcome this evil dream in the name of Jesus-30minutes (4) Use the remaining 1 hour to blast in
tongues (5) Finally, anoint everybody and sprinkled your apartment with the blood of Jesus.
WARNING: You must confess all known and unknown sins. Live right and avoid sin completely.You are on your way to victory
Also note that as you are getting revelations through your dream life, you need to tackle such revelations in prayers. Claim the ones that are beneficial to you and reject/cancel evils ones pleading the blood of Jesus on them. YOU ARE FREE IN JESUS NAME

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by JustCurious: 6:00pm On Feb 20, 2015
LewsTherin:

I guess I still spoke about the spiritual.

However, I am totally and massively ticked off at the OP whose wife is having a nervous breakdown and still went and renewd his rent a few days ago even though the wife has been pleading and nagging for a change for months! That is the height of insensitivity and wickedness!!! No matter your spiritual leanings, as a man, your PRIMARY responsibility is to your family! Starting with your wife!! What sort of stubborn wickedness will make you so uncaring that you go ahead without trying to resolve her fears first? I really am pissed!!!!!!
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by Demainman1: 6:06pm On Feb 20, 2015
Tell the spirits to reveal themselves to you for confirmation if not don't move an inch.

I no get time for evil spirits, i go beat them silly if they come around me grin
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by elklehamite(m): 6:58pm On Feb 20, 2015
If you are not the type that have judgemental spirit or despise/condemn TB Joshua, then go get Emmanuel TV in your house. Always leave it on while asleep. This advise is based on personal experiences. And if your location is not far from Kaduna, you can as well contact me through whatsapp09039124480 to enable me connect you to a true PROPHET of God. They are eggs and they eggs.
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by koseepaaro(m): 9:50pm On Feb 20, 2015
OP, please, do not disregard my candid advice. Though, I'm a muslim, but I don't know why God pushed me to type this. Look, seeing is believing, they say. And again, I learnt that when mankind is faced with any challenge (at all) the best thing to do is to find out the root cause of the said challenge. You said both you and your wife has gone to your pastor for prayer but no noticeable change after that. Please, don't forget I told you that I'm a muslim and I'm telling you this from personal experience and eye withness. There is a big difference between praying based on assumption and praying based on what God has revealed to you. There is a man of God that I know (that is not Lagos woli, so to say). If you can take a bold step and phone the woli, and just tell him that you and your family are undergoing some challenges right now that you want him to pray for you. The man's phone numbers are 08162725377 and 08053723603. He would never ask you to bring N5. He might only ask you to pray and fast for certain days after telling you the cause of the nightmare. Anywhere you live in the world, if you want to go to the man, when you get to Awori bus stop beside Abule egba bus stop, Lagos, just ask anybody at Awori bus stop that you are going to Woli Oluwaseyi's church on Arowolo street. That's all! Here is my number 07031012161 in case you follow exactly the advice that I gave you here and you do not come back to nairaland.com to give positive testimony after like two or three weeks that you take this step, call me on the phone (day and night) and swear for me. Otherwise, come here to thank God Almighty. Please, other nairalanders in the OP's shoe can also follow my advice and phone me later to swear for me or thank God Almighty. Please, do not say you have your own pastor or woli. Good luck to you.
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by StoneColdBiceps(m): 11:34pm On Feb 20, 2015
dein77:

Ok. I think i will try this option. I want us all to be happy and comfortable.

If she has been experiencing it in previouse houses then u guys shld pray and stay. But if its only ur current house pls relocate wit her and ur family.tell d land lord to rent out ur house and pay u d money and go and look for anoda accomodation...but while u guys r relocated, u guys should go on marathon fasting, prayers, vigils then pls visit MFM prayer city or d yaba head office for deliverance, continious deliverance... All this listed very key. U'll see d work of God...#fromexperience #Godispowerfull #Godisverypowerful
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by kikelomojessy(f): 1:27am On Feb 21, 2015
Get for your wife the 6th and 7th book of Moses. Read the psalms and pray fervently and believe in your heart. Also don't forget to ask for forgiveness of sin.

Fast and pray is all I can say u will see changes.
Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by chucktoon: 8:49am On Feb 21, 2015
wilsondave:
@op don't ignore what your wife says just go see a pastor for prayer and cancelling and what ever the pastor says follow that....... if she didn't see any thing she wouldn't have been disturbing u OK. if relocation will be the next thing kindly do it with immediate effect don't put your wife in danger or better still your family plsssss........

Also see a pastor whether to change a job, see a pastor what to have for breakfast, lunch and dinner, see a pastor whether to open a bank account, see a pastor whether to take a dump, smh.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by chucktoon: 8:52am On Feb 21, 2015
koseepaaro:
OP, please, do not disregard my candid advice. Though, I'm a muslim, but I don't know why God pushed me to type this. Look, seeing is believing, they say.

Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by chucktoon: 8:56am On Feb 21, 2015
koseepaaro:
OP, please, do not disregard my candid advice. Though, I'm a muslim....

Jesus is the ONLY answer to problems, challenges and difficulties.

Put your faith in Him and enjoy real freedom.

And there's no other Name under heaven by which we can be saved, except the Name of Jesus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! by dein77(m): 9:12am On Feb 21, 2015
chucktoon:

Jesus is the ONLY answer to problems, challenges and difficulties.

Put your faith in Him and enjoy real freedom.

And there's no other Name under heaven by which we can be saved, except the Name of Jesus.

My faith in Him is unshakable. Thanks for ALL your inputs and contributions.

I will announce, in due time, my decision.

Last night, we retired to bed after some good minutes dedicated to worship and thanksgiving.

She didn't experience any nightmares. Still watching events thought.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? / A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter / Olu Lulu-Briggs Dies At 91

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.