Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,487 members, 7,847,015 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:28 AM

CAN Debunks Report Of N7bn Largesse - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Debunks Report Of N7bn Largesse (1188 Views)

Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse / Customs Debunks Report On Arrest Of Bala Mohammed's Son / CAN Debunks Report Of N7bn Largesse Kallamu Musa-dikwa Does Not Exist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAN Debunks Report Of N7bn Largesse by ican2020: 5:27am On Feb 20, 2015
KADUNA—The Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, has described as ridiculous, allegations that it collected N7 billion bribe to rubbish All Progressives Congress, APC’s presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), wondering why mischief makers would concoct lies to deceive the public.

Public Relation Officer, PRO, of Northern CAN, Mr. Sunday Oibe, said: “The allegation is a complete lie and just one of the many evil plots to dent the image of CAN’s leadership.

“It is also to rubbish its integrity and make it morally incapable of leading Christians in these trying times. There was no way anybody would collect a kobo on behalf of CAN and start sharing it like booty.

“The man, who made the allegation, is totally unknown in CAN cycle and I am just hearing his name and that of his organization for the first time. How come he could be privy to such an arrangement if it really existed?

“It is a shame that anyone would make such mean allegation, without giving a shred of evidence, just to fulfil a political agenda at the cost of our ecumenism.

“It is all to silence the voice of CAN leaders against the tyranny and oppression that Christians suffer in the north-east and other parts of northern Nigeria.

“For the first time our oppressors have found CAN speaking up for its members, and they must do everything to frustrate our leaders. The kingdom of evil shall, again, fall flat at the feet of Jesus.”

A Borno-based pastor, who identified himself as Kallamu Musa-Dikwa and Executive Director, Voice of Northern Christian Movement, had alleged that some pastors allegedly received the N7 billion, not N6 billion as alleged by Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/can-debunks-report-of-n7bn-largesse/

1 Like

Re: CAN Debunks Report Of N7bn Largesse by Quote1: 5:30am On Feb 20, 2015
We know better. No one expects them to admit they collected the money. But come 30th of May 2015, CAN or no CAN, President Buhari will not spare any hands guilty of any form of corruption or the other.

2 Likes

Re: CAN Debunks Report Of N7bn Largesse by DWJOBScom(m): 5:36am On Feb 20, 2015
I think I support the claims of the CAN spokeman - I think a minister decided to talk too much and some ministers are going political in their statements without recourse to their calling.

I don't believe the 7BN story - it started with Amaechi saying it and everyone knows he talks too much

2 Likes

Re: CAN Debunks Report Of N7bn Largesse by onoja12: 5:48am On Feb 20, 2015
Please tell me which organization is more political than CAN in this government,i dare say that can is more political than some political parties,AYO has destroyed CAN,he has finished there reputation.

DWJOBScom:
I think I support the claims of the CAN spokeman - I think a minister decided to talk too much and some ministers are going political in their statements without recourse to their calling.

I don't believe the 7BN story - it started with Amaechi saying it and everyone knows he talks too much
Re: CAN Debunks Report Of N7bn Largesse by Pavore9: 5:51am On Feb 20, 2015
The denial was expected.
Re: CAN Debunks Report Of N7bn Largesse by alienvirus: 5:55am On Feb 20, 2015
Then a pastor must have lied. One admits, another rejects. Should a man of God lie in anyway.
Re: CAN Debunks Report Of N7bn Largesse by DWJOBScom(m): 6:11am On Feb 20, 2015
onoja12:
Please tell me which organization is more political than CAN in this government,i dare say that can is more political than some political parties,AYO has destroyed CAN,he has finished there reputation.

You may need to ignore politicians and their claims about the CAN - AYO has given CAN great recognition before now CAN was just a toothless organisation with Older men waiting out their turns......AYO's ministry hasn't suffered too and has experienced growth in kingdom business and that the Govt identifies with CAN and a certain political cabal started crying foul and we took the song and sang it better than the composer

1 Like

Re: CAN Debunks Report Of N7bn Largesse by nzeobi(m): 6:32am On Feb 20, 2015
Alll are still accusations that are yet to be proved. Someone should come out with evidence not allegation
Re: CAN Debunks Report Of N7bn Largesse by okosodo: 6:33am On Feb 20, 2015
It is very stupid for can to reply.
Re: CAN Debunks Report Of N7bn Largesse by shiningshina(m): 6:36am On Feb 20, 2015
DWJOBScom:

You may need to ignore politicians and their claims about the CAN - AYO has given CAN great recognition before now CAN was just a toothless organisation with Older men waiting out their turns......AYO's ministry hasn't suffered too and has experienced growth in kingdom business and that the Govt identifies with CAN and a certain political cabal started crying foul and we took the song and sang it better than the composer

Under Pastor Ayo, CAN has been reduced into the spiritual wing of the ruling PDP. Jonathan readily and frequently plays religious politics, and CAN has become his puppet. It is a real tragedy.

Even the CAN president was involved in arms smuggling! How lower can this get?
Re: CAN Debunks Report Of N7bn Largesse by stinggy(m): 6:42am On Feb 20, 2015
This is expected.
The should just come out and swear by Sango and let's see what happens to them.
CAN is crumbling, right under leadership of AY bling.
Re: CAN Debunks Report Of N7bn Largesse by DWJOBScom(m): 6:44am On Feb 20, 2015
shiningshina:

Under Pastor Ayo, CAN has been reduced into the spiritual wing of the ruling PDP. Jonathan readily and frequently plays religious politics, and CAN has become his puppet. It is a real tragedy.

Even the CAN president was involved in arms smuggling! How lower can this get?

I understand where you coming from but the stories we both hear are fed to us by politicians but do alittle research and you will realise they tell a lot of half truth esp the Gun smuggling rouse....
The cost of maintaining the plane was too much for his church so it was given to an agency with an agreement to make it available whenever the pastor wants to use it and it was leased out to any willing body who wants it for a fee so the smuggling thing is one of the numerous story

1 Like

Re: CAN Debunks Report Of N7bn Largesse by bettercreature(m): 6:47am On Feb 20, 2015
I knew CAN is all about fraud the moment they start using CAN president plane to launder money around the world,and I wonder why A seating president would donate private jet to a CAN president for a birthday,I pity Nigeria we are doom
Re: CAN Debunks Report Of N7bn Largesse by signz: 7:03am On Feb 20, 2015
bettercreature:
I knew CAN is all about fraud the moment they start using CAN president plane to launder money around the world,and I wonder why A seating president would donate private jet to a CAN president for a birthday,I pity Nigeria we are doom

Who told you it was GEJ that donated the private jet
Re: CAN Debunks Report Of N7bn Largesse by bewla(m): 7:12am On Feb 20, 2015
Am waiting till one let the cat out of the bag noting goes for noting
Re: CAN Debunks Report Of N7bn Largesse by lilprinze: 7:43am On Feb 20, 2015
If Amechi or APC don't have any proof or evidence that PDP or GEJ donated N7 billion bribe to pastors in CAN to rubbish All Progressives Congress they should shut the f**k up .
Everyone knows APC is a party full of lies and propaganda.

1 Like

Re: CAN Debunks Report Of N7bn Largesse by onoja12: 3:08pm On Feb 20, 2015
My brother please say the truth,CAN has always been recognized by governments,however what has never happened is that C.A.N has never taking sides with any party or government rather they have served as peace mediators,under AYO can as turn into an external wing of the PDP,it has turn into an organization pushing the wishes of the South South simply because AYO is from south south.see let us speak the truth,so the devil would be shamed,AYO has brought disgraces to C.A.N even the Catholics keep away from C.A.N and maintain the vision of how C.A.N was.
Please prove me wrong,show me were Islamic council in Nigeria has come out to support any candidate or region or party?does it make Islamic council irrelevant .religion is one issue we must keep out of politics because once you are Gods minister then you are suppose to be high than a Minister appointed by man and as such you should always be above board.neither money nor power should influence you

DWJOBScom:

Re: CAN Debunks Report Of N7bn Largesse by DWJOBScom(m): 9:56am On Feb 21, 2015
onoja12:
My brother please say the truth,CAN has always been recognized by governments,however what has never happened is that C.A.N has never taking sides with any party or government rather they have served as peace mediators,under AYO can as turn into an external wing of the PDP,it has turn into an organization pushing the wishes of the South South simply because AYO is from south south.see let us speak the truth,so the devil would be shamed,AYO has brought disgraces to C.A.N even the Catholics keep away from C.A.N and maintain the vision of how C.A.N was.
Please prove me wrong,show me were Islamic council in Nigeria has come out to support any candidate or region or party?does it make Islamic council irrelevant .religion is one issue we must keep out of politics because once you are Gods minister then you are suppose to be high than a Minister appointed by man and as such you should always be above board.neither money nor power should influence you

the only time you will agree with CAN as being apolitical is only when they speak against the govt and that will obviously make them progressive................ The presence govt has decided to involve everyone that cares to come close an opportunity to see it's processes and some of your Islamic groups are indeed close enough. Yes the Roman Catholic Church thru it's Arch Bishop hasn't arched out against CAN yet but we've heard voices from some quarters like Bishop kukah , Okogie recently Mbaka a priest from the east. So CAN is as disorganized as you think or present but in every group we will always have renegade groups
Re: CAN Debunks Report Of N7bn Largesse by onoja12: 11:39am On Feb 21, 2015
Wrong,C.A.N has no business speaking for the government or against the government.that is my point

DWJOBScom:

the only time you will agree with CAN as being apolitical is only when they speak against the govt and that will obviously make them progressive................ The presence govt has decided to involve everyone that cares to come close an opportunity to see it's processes and some of your Islamic groups are indeed close enough. Yes the Roman Catholic Church thru it's Arch Bishop hasn't arched out against CAN yet but we've heard voices from some quarters like Bishop kukah , Okogie recently Mbaka a priest from the east. So CAN is as disorganized as you think or present but in every group we will always have renegade groups

1 Like

Re: CAN Debunks Report Of N7bn Largesse by DWJOBScom(m): 11:41am On Feb 21, 2015
onoja12:
Wrong,C.A.N has no business speaking for the government or against the government.that is my point

Then there's no need for a group
Re: CAN Debunks Report Of N7bn Largesse by onoja12: 2:43pm On Feb 21, 2015
is the group a political group?C.A.N is registered as a religious group.for promotion of peace. not for promoting religious divide or tribalism

DWJOBScom:

Then there's no need for a group

(1) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan And Buhari Meet, Laugh And Hug (video) / Jonathan To EFCC: Go After Tinubu, Atiku, Amaechi, Others Secretly / This Is How APC PLANS To RULE Our Country(nigeria)!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.