Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,157 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Do You Think Its Nomal? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do You Think Its Nomal? (744 Views)

This "Herb" Needs Help...I Think Its Been Oppressed(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Its Nomal? by Limpo(m): 11:29am On Jan 07, 2009
My wife just gave me a beautiful baby girl like her self about a month now, in-spite of the medication, she's still having some sharp pain as a result of the cut in her privet part. Do you think is normal? because this is our first baby, we have no experience though the Doctor said it will stop but i also need to hear from those with experience. thanks
Re: Do You Think Its Nomal? by inze(m): 4:52pm On Jan 08, 2009
Congratulations !!!
Re: Do You Think Its Nomal? by MaiSuya(m): 6:28pm On Jan 08, 2009
By 'doctor' I presume you are referring to a duly registered medical practitioner (obstetrician /gynecologist) in a recognized medical institution. This clarification is necessary given the unending abuse that once revered title is constantly being subjected to. If my presumption is in order, then I don't think there is any problem.

Congrats on your baby girl.
Re: Do You Think Its Nomal? by SeaGoddes(f): 12:11am On Jan 09, 2009
yes it will stop, cause the pain is part of the healing process, she just need to contune with her medications.

the Perineum pain will stop. to help with the perineal care she do the following

Kegeling: to promote healing and blood flow return.

Sitz bath: Warm bath with or without medications/herbs, sometimes portable as in over the toilet.

Air out: Try sitting on a pad without underwear at least once a day.

Warmth: Some practitioners recommend a heat lamp or a hair dryer on a warm but slow setting for pain relief.

Cold: You can use ice packs or special pads with cold packs built in. These are especially great the first few days when you may be swollen.

Medications: You can use prescription medications to relief the pain and speed up the healing process

congratulations smiley
Re: Do You Think Its Nomal? by TOYOSI20(f): 12:20am On Jan 09, 2009
Congrats to u and yours,

I beleive Sea Goddess has said it all,

And if it persists, that her to see a physican, to aviod any infection,

Best Wishes.
Re: Do You Think Its Nomal? by MrsOyibo(f): 7:33pm On Jan 17, 2009
I had my first baby last year and experienced similar pain. My midwife advised that I bathe in warm water and salt at least three times a day. Apparently it helps to keep the wound clean and therefore heal faster. However, a month is quite a long time to be experiencing very sharp pain, so if in doubt then please see your gynae because there is a possibility that the wound may have become infected. If this is the case then a course of antibiotics will be needed. Metronidazole is probably best if your wife is breast feeding.

(1) (Reply)

Grey Hairs, On My Young Head, Whats Is The Cause? / www.babefishing.com: Nigerian Free Dating Site, To Find Nigerian Free Match / Borehole Water Analysis Lab?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.