Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,504 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Why Do The Success Of Nigerian Military Make Some Nigerians Sad? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do The Success Of Nigerian Military Make Some Nigerians Sad? (819 Views)

Photo Of A Soldier Thanking God For The Success Of Conquering Sambisa Forest / Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots / See What Some Nigerians Are Claiming They Saw After Buhari Was Announced Winner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do The Success Of Nigerian Military Make Some Nigerians Sad? by orimahspence: 9:02am On Feb 20, 2015
A strong critic of President Jonathan (Spence Adeniyi) wrote:

"Lately, Nigerian military forces are increasingly dislodging and crushing Boko Haram terrorists and regaining control of captured territories and towns. Although this is happening later than we expected, its equally as bad that the progress being by Nigerian troops is being so grossly under-reported. The same local voices screaming for help and protection are suddenly mute, and hesitating to appreciate rescue efforts that have now reached them.

"Were they screaming for help merely to whip up sentiments or they really wanted peace restored? This is what happens when politics mixes with national security. These two should never mix.

"Well done, Nigeria military forces. I celebrate you, today!!! But please bear in mind that fighting terrorism takes much more than a one-time victory. Fighting terrorism is an institutionalized process. We still lack strong regimes and institutions for countering terrorism. This is an area of work I am going to get deeply involved in, sometime in the nearest future.

"I need to write a note...."
That is what I have been shouting myself hoarse about for long. Because of politics, many of us actually celebrate Boko Haram, pretending to be concerned about the killings. The assumption is that if the Nigerian armed forces triumph over Boko Haram, Jonathan will be popular. So deep in their hearts, many Nigerians pray for Boko Haram to have the upper hand, so that it will make Jonathan unpopular and therefore lose the election. And once they see such, they post it, comment on it, share the links, pictures and videos, pretending to be concerned about Nigeria.

But once the media headlines show that the armed forces have recorded successes against Boko Haram (like today's headlines show), they ignore the news and look for some other negative stories to celebrate. When a post is made on the success of the army, they quip: "Is it not the duty of the army to defend the nation? Why should we clap for them?" Or, "We can no longer believe the army, that is why we are not sure if the news is true." Lame excuses! 

2 days ago, thousands in Niger Republic marched against Boko Haram, as seen in the attached picture, but here it is all about politics of PDP vs APC. 

I weep for this nation!

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Success Of Nigerian Military Make Some Nigerians Sad? by simplemach(m): 9:06am On Feb 20, 2015
Just call them 'BAD BELLEs'
Re: Why Do The Success Of Nigerian Military Make Some Nigerians Sad? by Chiaka(f): 9:13am On Feb 20, 2015
Good point. Well done!!!
Re: Why Do The Success Of Nigerian Military Make Some Nigerians Sad? by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 20, 2015
That means they are Sadists!

Kudos to our gallant armed forces! Shame on you sadists!
Re: Why Do The Success Of Nigerian Military Make Some Nigerians Sad? by Omexonomy: 9:20am On Feb 20, 2015
All the APC arround me are crying like a woman whose husband runaway from her whenever they heard the millitary is wining the war and dislorging this vermins
Re: Why Do The Success Of Nigerian Military Make Some Nigerians Sad? by VIPERVENOM(m): 9:21am On Feb 20, 2015
Nobody's sad. Why ppl aren't happy is after 5years and close to 10,000 lives lost and millions displaced, they decide to get serious all cos of election. This is a government dat has played politics wit virtually everything including people's lives and people's future. But no! Their supporters wont see it that way even when they're on the receiving end of it. This is something that should stop

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Success Of Nigerian Military Make Some Nigerians Sad? by eagleae7(m): 9:31am On Feb 20, 2015
VIPERVENOM:
Nobody's sad. Why ppl aren't happy is after 5years and close to 10,000 lives lost and millions displaced, they decide to get serious all cos of election. This is a government dat has played politics wit virtually everything including people's lives and people's future. But no! Their supporters wont see it that way even when they're on the receiving end of it. This is something that should stop
lipsrsealed ur mouth if gat nothing meaningfully to say
Re: Why Do The Success Of Nigerian Military Make Some Nigerians Sad? by VIPERVENOM(m): 9:36am On Feb 20, 2015
eagleae7:

lipsrsealed ur mouth if gat nothing meaningfully to say
and d eagle dat cant speak simple english has something meaningful to say
Re: Why Do The Success Of Nigerian Military Make Some Nigerians Sad? by Tobabs: 9:39am On Feb 20, 2015
The fact that remarkable success is being achieved by the Nigerian Armed Forces is visible for everyone to see and they shall succeed no matter what the enemies of Nigeria think.Kudos to Nigerian Armed Forces.I wish you all good speed.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Too Frail To Rule, Says Fayose / This Is Scary!!! / Chatham Protest Was Sponsored By PDP. PROOF! VIDEO!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.