Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,851 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players (30318 Views)

Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) / Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu / Cute Photo Of Nwankwo Kanu With His Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by seeteazain(m): 5:54pm On Feb 20, 2015
http://247tops..com/2015/02/nwankwo-kanu-ranked-13-out-of-50.html

Known as Papilo and outstanding for his iconic slow drag on the ball which proved detrimental to opponents, Kanu Nwankwo was feared on the pitch, despite his sluggishness. In a poll by fans of the club, conducted on the website, the two-time African Footballer of the Year winner was voted 13 best put of a total of 50 players.

Kanu appeared 198 times for the Gunners, and scored 48 goals during his stay from 1999 to 2004. He won the FA Cup and Premier League title. Henry who is the club’s highest goal scorer is number one.

Full List Greatest 50 Players:

1. Thierry Henry

2. Dennis Bergkamp

3. Tony Adams

4. Ian Wright

5. Patrick Vieira

6. Robert Pires

7. David Seaman

8. Liam Brady

9. Charlie George

10. Pat Jennings

11. Freddie Ljungberg

12. Marc Overmars

13. Kanu Nwankwo

14. David O'Leary

15. Sol Campbell

16. David Rocastle

17. Pat Rice

18. Cliff Bastin

19. Ray Parlour

20. Martin Keown

21. Lee Dixon

22. Emmanuel Petit

23. Brian Talbot

24. John Radford

25. Ashley Cole

26. Paul Merson

27. Alan Smith

28. Charlie Nicholas

29. Nicolas Anelka

30. Frank McLintock

31. Ted Drake

32. Nigel Winterburn

33. Sylvain Wiltord

34. Danny Clapton

35. Sammy Nelson

36. Kenny Sansom

37.Michael Thomas

38. Steve Williams

39. Bob Wilson

40. George Armstrong

41. George Eastham

42. George Graham

43. Andy Ducat

4. Malcolm Macdonald

45. Alan Ball

46. Alex James

47. Frank Stapleton

48. Tony Woodcock

49. David Jack

50. Peter Storey

http://www.gunners.cz/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=54:gunners-greatest-50-players&Itemid=100189

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by zico18(m): 5:57pm On Feb 20, 2015
The great pappilo obviously deserves it

46 Likes

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by watchindelta(m): 6:01pm On Feb 20, 2015
Papilo. Good baller cool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by moststylish(m): 6:12pm On Feb 20, 2015
see as arsene wenger young then

6 Likes

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by CuteInBlack(m): 6:35pm On Feb 20, 2015
Number 13?? That's cool. Though, I came to check who takes the #1 spot between Thierry Henry and Patrick Viera only for me to meet a surprised candidate in Dennis Bergkamp. NIC Anelka would have prolly be #3 or #5 if he was patient enough, he was magnificent in his short stay. Same goes for Cesc Fabolous & Samir Nasri. My opinion, Ash should have been around top 10.

French players saving Arsené Wenger since 1402.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by bettingbad(m): 7:13pm On Feb 20, 2015
CuteInBlack:
Number 13?? That's cool. Though, I came to check who takes the #1 spot between Thierry Henry and Patrick Viera only for me to meet a surprised candidate in Dennis Bergkamp. NIC Anelka would have prolly be #3 or #5 if he was patient enough, he was magnificent in his short stay. Same goes for Cesc Fabolous & Samir Nasri. My opinion, Ash should have been around top 10.

French players saving Arsené Wenger since 1402.

This guy you spoke trash and gold in the same sentence, how can you put Fabregas or Saturday Nasri, did you start watching football from '06, all these players here have helped the club to multiple trophies, not someone who went away cuz he has' Barca DNA' and now they've pursued him away. Please abeg, check the meaning of 'great'.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by CuteInBlack(m): 7:54pm On Feb 20, 2015
bettingbad:

This guy you spoke trash and gold in the same sentence, how can you put Fabregas or Saturday Nasri, did you start watching football from '06, all these players here have helped the club to multiple trophies, not someone who went away cuz he has' Barca DNA' and now they've pursued him away. Please abeg, check the meaning of 'great'.
Bro, do you need ice to help u calm down?? All I said was both players had potential to have succeeded but weren't patient enough,I never said they were "Arsenal Greats" or are you going to argue they were thrash?? They needed a manager like Wenger to help in their development.

Personally, I think they would have been better off than present day had they stayed knowing fully well they are now in their prime( especially Fab) . Nas left because of the money, Fab left because his parent club(FCB) came calling. The fans knew the koko reason why they left: not much quality player to challenge for trophies.

The management of the club didn't do much to keep them and Wenger also didn't break the bank to sign quality players....he never does tho.

And bout me starting to watch football from '06 I can't help but smile. Na that kain argument dey cause fight for my previous area. Age nor dey for football knowledge, my nephew sabi football pass me. Dats btw sha.

I believe I have done well to clarify my earlier comment hence we're good now. #ktbffh

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by bettingbad(m): 8:07pm On Feb 20, 2015
CuteInBlack:

Bro, do you need ice to help u calm down?? All I said was both players had potential to have succeeded but weren't patient enough,I never said they were "Arsenal Greats" or are you going to argue they were thrash?? They needed a manager like Wenger to help in their development.

Personally, I think they would have been better off than present day had they stayed knowing fully well they are now in their prime( especially Fab) . Nas left because of the money, Fab left because his parent club(FCB) came calling. The fans knew the koko reason why they left: not much quality player to challenge for trophies.

The management of the club didn't do much to keep them and Wenger also didn't break the bank to sign quality players....he never does tho.

And bout me starting to watch football from '06 I can't help but smile. Na
that kain argument dey cause fight for my previous area. Age nor dey for football knowledge, my nephew sabi football pass me. Dats btw sha.

I believe I have done well to clarify my earlier comment hence we're good now. #ktbffh

What do u mean Wenger doesn't break the bank to sign quality players, didn't he just break the bank for Mesut Ozil, he couldn't spend back then because of his own principle of not spending more than what you get b/c at that time we were still paying for the new stadium, moreover was it Abramovich powered Chelsea he'll compete with?!

2 Likes

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by zonax(m): 8:30pm On Feb 20, 2015
Ok
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by yuzjet(m): 8:30pm On Feb 20, 2015
Well deserved!
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by chinchong: 8:31pm On Feb 20, 2015
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by tiamiyukunle69(m): 8:31pm On Feb 20, 2015
He deserves it!!!
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by CLEARINGAGENT: 8:31pm On Feb 20, 2015
Well deserve.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by konny1(m): 8:32pm On Feb 20, 2015
Papilo one day I know sey u go make us shame grin grin grin

But today u don make us proud cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by Wuuworld(m): 8:32pm On Feb 20, 2015
Igbo people making Nigeria and Nigerians proud since the time of Adam and Eve...hit Like button if you are purely nwa ama ala...God bless Papilo Nwankwo..

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by bolliejay(m): 8:32pm On Feb 20, 2015
Papilo is always making us smile.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by XBLadez: 8:32pm On Feb 20, 2015
He merits and deserves it!
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by timilehin007(m): 8:33pm On Feb 20, 2015
gud one
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by DancingSkeleton(m): 8:34pm On Feb 20, 2015
Hit like if u re a DIE HARD gunner smiley gunner for life

46 Likes

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by angelTI(f): 8:34pm On Feb 20, 2015
So proud of this guy...

Happy family and soaring career. What else can one ask for?
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 20, 2015
He'll forever appear in Arsenal's record, he was indeed a great player.

1 Like

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by LewisO: 8:34pm On Feb 20, 2015
That is a good news for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by yemstok(m): 8:35pm On Feb 20, 2015
guess he's the only African on that list too. congrat Papilo

but that's none of my business.

Man Utd forever!

7 Likes

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by rashygenius: 8:35pm On Feb 20, 2015
D man DAT Neva scored in a nations cup tournament and world cup
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by BizBloke(m): 8:36pm On Feb 20, 2015
I'm not surprised. Legend Papilo! grin
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 20, 2015
One word: Legend.

1 Like

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by Blackbody20(m): 8:38pm On Feb 20, 2015
He deserved it.....Chai! Can't forget those days when Arsenal used to be a nightmare for every team. We'll be a force to reckon with soon. With the signing of more world class players.

3 Likes

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by 50calibre(m): 8:38pm On Feb 20, 2015
Kanu is an Arsenal legend no doubt! His splendid goal from an impossible corner kick angle is forever ingrained in the hearts of die hard Arsenal fans.

1 Like

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by Dygeasy(m): 8:39pm On Feb 20, 2015
bettingbad:

What do u mean Wenger doesn't break the bank to sign quality players, didn't he just break the bank for Mesut Ozil, he couldn't spend back then because of his own principle of not spending more than what you get b/c at that time we were still paying for the new stadium, moreover was it Abramovich powered Chelsea he'll compete with?!
You still have no point. Don't misquote the young man lipsrsealed

15 Likes

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by Badgers14: 8:39pm On Feb 20, 2015
They skipped my name again. sad

2 Likes

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of 50 Arsenal Greatest Players by haibe(m): 8:40pm On Feb 20, 2015
Which kind site rank them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa Released After His Arrest Over Wife Battery / Muhammad Ali Stopping A Man From Suicide (Throwback) / David Luiz Rejects 3-year Contract Worth £220,000 A Week Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.