Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Suspect Held In Hospital For Ibadan Cult Clash - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Suspect Held In Hospital For Ibadan Cult Clash (3187 Views)

Graphic Photos: Death Bodies, Beheaded Students After A Cult Clash In ABSU / Two Patients Caught Having Sex In Hospital Bed [photos] / 36 Dead After Cult Clash In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspect Held In Hospital For Ibadan Cult Clash by omolomolarinero: 10:25am On Feb 21, 2015
One person has been arrested in the fracas between Eiye and Aiye fraternities in Agbowo, Ibadan, the Oyo State capital. Police spokesman Adekunle Ajisebutu said:”One suspect was arrested yesterday at an undisclosed hospital, where he was receiving treatment. “He has been transferred to the University College Hospital (UCH), where he is receiving treatment under the watchful eyes of security operatives. After his recovery, he will be transferred to the department of criminal investigation.” Ajisebutu said nobody was killed, urging residents not to panic because police patrol vans had been dispatched in the area. “We have also ensured that adequate protection is in place to prevent a reccurrence.” At the Agbowo/ University of Ibadan (UI) community yesterday, many shops were closed and most streets deserted.

Read More

Recounting their ordeal, some shop owners and residents described the incident as a terrible experience.

A shop owner said: “I heard that some thugs were coming from Akingbola area, I thought it was child’s play until I started hearing gunshots. They came towards the complex and down to Agbowo/Amure side, that was when we started packing and closing our shops. I think the gunshots were to scare people away.”

A resident of Ajetumobi Street said: “How will these shop owners open? They were scared because Yahaya (alleged cultist) who was killed was still sighted on Wednesday. The incident happened around 4:30pm. Policemen have been patrolling the area which is adding to our fear because they may arrest innocent people.”

An eyewitness said: “All of a sudden we heard sporadic shootings at the UI/Agbowo axis; it was like a war scene. They were about 50 in number. It was a clash between the Aiye and Eiye cult groups.

“The feud started three weeks ago from a football field inside the school. They pursued themselves hotly to Ajetumobi Street and engaged themselves. Yahaya was killed because he had a leg injury and could not run very fast. Yahaya belonged to the Aiye fraternity.”

http://whatsupibadan.com/2015/02/20/suspect-held-in-hospital-for-ibadan-cult-clash/
Re: Suspect Held In Hospital For Ibadan Cult Clash by Facosco(m): 1:09pm On Feb 21, 2015
from what i heard this morning about four people were killed during the clash
Re: Suspect Held In Hospital For Ibadan Cult Clash by vicadex07(m): 7:42pm On Feb 21, 2015
Cult killings has started again Ibadan has been relatively peaceful throughout Ajimobis reign as governor. It seems some elements from other parties are instigating this boys in order to cause mayhem.
Re: Suspect Held In Hospital For Ibadan Cult Clash by jimmyLd101: 10:25pm On Dec 10, 2019
Nero don drop since Sunday night . Na Eiye boy

1 Like

Re: Suspect Held In Hospital For Ibadan Cult Clash by ogyunging(m): 9:14pm On Dec 12, 2019
so nero is gone... riddance....

the fish wey dey swim many oceans and seas and avoid many storms, las las na blind woman pot e go end up.

skrrr

1 Like

Re: Suspect Held In Hospital For Ibadan Cult Clash by Oyelamioyebanjo: 9:26am On Dec 14, 2019
Nero don go since Sunday! Na en kill yahaya exactly 4 years ago
Re: Suspect Held In Hospital For Ibadan Cult Clash by Imagindat: 11:39pm On Dec 14, 2019
Nero's killing was brutal. But I don't think Nero was the one that killed Yahya.
Re: Suspect Held In Hospital For Ibadan Cult Clash by Hark(m): 2:40pm On Dec 15, 2019
NERO that really terrorised agbowo is gone... So God can catch anyone at any point.... Hmmmmmmm
Who has pictures or video of the scene please?
Re: Suspect Held In Hospital For Ibadan Cult Clash by Oyelamioyebanjo: 10:09am On Dec 16, 2019
Nero no use en power suppose to be working with politicians. He was killed by . Really show something for agbowo
Re: Suspect Held In Hospital For Ibadan Cult Clash by Nickshrapnel: 7:58pm On Jan 22, 2020
Oyelamioyebanjo:
Nero don go since Sunday! Na en kill yahaya exactly 4 years ago
So you mean he was the one that killed this man then

(1) (Reply)

How To Take Screenshots Of View Once Message On WhatsApp (Photo And Video) / Why Am I Greatly Bothered By Certain Forms Of Criticism? / Half Dead Man Lying On The Road...(photo Inside)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.