Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,120 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

World’s Most Expensive Food Is 8 Million Naira Per Teaspoon - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / World’s Most Expensive Food Is 8 Million Naira Per Teaspoon (3327 Views)

What Class Of Food Is Plantain? / Tomatoes And Garri Now The Most Expensive Food Item / Please, Can Someone Tell Me What This Food Is Called? Pics Attached. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World’s Most Expensive Food Is 8 Million Naira Per Teaspoon by Giftedgreen: 11:31am On Feb 21, 2015
A special type of caviar (salted fish egg) made from rare abino fish and laced with 22-carat gold is thought to be the most expensive food on planet earth.

This food is priced at . . . wait for it . . . $300, 000 per kilo (that is about $40, 000 per teaspoon). Let’s put this in perspective to the Nigerian folks out there. With the conversion rate as at 21st February 2015, it costs 60 Million naira per kilo (8 Million naira per teaspoon).

The brand-new caviar, invented by fish farmer Walter Gruell, 51, and his son Patrick, 25.

In order to give people a taste of what the father and son duo have on offer, the caviar is currently priced at £73,000 to selected customers, but the rare caviar will cost at least £200,000 per kilo normally.

It will be served to royalty and the super rich of the world in restaurants from Monaco to Dubai.

The Austrian father and son duo said they decided use the eggs from the sturgeon fish which were first consumed hundreds of years ago for their healing and medicinal properties.

The pair also chose to also include gold leaf as it’s good for the immune system.

‘White Gold’ caviar will be served to the super rich at some of the best restaurants in the world.

The albino beluga that produces the special caviar originally lived in the Caspian Sea, but it is now almost extinct in its native environment, making it a rare delicacy

Another reason for the prohibitive price of White Gold is the age of albino belugas. While sturgeons usually live over 100 years, few belugas reach that age due to a genetic flaw that shortens their life.

He also explained that the caviar they produce in Austria is among the best in the world because of the pristine, pollutant-free water that flows down from mountain snowcaps. “It is part of the reason why it probably tastes so good, that and the fact that it is specially seasoned before being dehydrated, when it loses 80 percent of its weight. It is then grated extremely finely and mixed with 22-carat gold, which in very small amounts has a very positive effect on the human immune system,” he added.

“The golden yellow white spreadable powder that we create can quickly be made into a paste, risotto, or put on toasted bread with butter. The taste is very strong and tastes distinctly like fresh fish. It only needs very small quantities for the flavor to be spread to a meal.”

If you had one advice to the people that buy this cavier, what would it be? Let us know in the comment section below

http://giftedgreen.com/2014/blog/2015/02/21/worlds-most-expensive-food-is-n4-million-per-teaspoon/

1 Share

Re: World’s Most Expensive Food Is 8 Million Naira Per Teaspoon by simplemach(m): 11:35am On Feb 21, 2015
Like if i eat out of it i will never go hungry again in my life. Mtcheewwwww.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World’s Most Expensive Food Is 8 Million Naira Per Teaspoon by nickusoro(m): 11:51am On Feb 21, 2015
Already lost my appetite on this one

#QuoteMeIfYouWanna

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World’s Most Expensive Food Is 8 Million Naira Per Teaspoon by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 21, 2015
I've had it before. Totally worth the price.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World’s Most Expensive Food Is 8 Million Naira Per Teaspoon by pweetixandy: 1:22pm On Feb 21, 2015
Not even a picture to back it up?
Re: World’s Most Expensive Food Is 8 Million Naira Per Teaspoon by Giftedgreen: 2:01pm On Feb 21, 2015
pweetixandy:
Not even a picture to back it up?

Thank you for that observation. The post has been updated
Re: World’s Most Expensive Food Is 8 Million Naira Per Teaspoon by xreal: 3:59pm On Feb 21, 2015
E cost pass cocaine?
Or na coloured one.

1 Like

Re: World’s Most Expensive Food Is 8 Million Naira Per Teaspoon by Xsenga(f): 9:22pm On Feb 21, 2015
xreal:
E cost pass cocaine?
Or na coloured one.
GOOD QUESTION. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World’s Most Expensive Food Is 8 Million Naira Per Teaspoon by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 21, 2015
RicKyRichards:
I've had it before. Totally worth the price.
Dream on, it's allowed.. They say dreams come true, soooo..... smiley grin grin

Even holy communion no cost reach like this na undecided undecided
Re: World’s Most Expensive Food Is 8 Million Naira Per Teaspoon by yhusiee(f): 9:36am On Feb 25, 2015
OK, first, I need a laugh: hahahahahahahaha
2nd, did u say abino fishes? I need anoda laugh: hahahahahaha! Thank you, not interested
Re: World’s Most Expensive Food Is 8 Million Naira Per Teaspoon by jerflakes(m): 2:44pm On Feb 25, 2015
Please it's ALBINO not ABINO.

thank you students @ yhusiee and giftedgreen
Re: World’s Most Expensive Food Is 8 Million Naira Per Teaspoon by cynhamscakes(f): 3:46pm On Feb 25, 2015
Lmao..... If only the food can make one develop super human tendencies, e for good.
The sight is even apalling.

Order for your cakes(Abuja).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World’s Most Expensive Food Is 8 Million Naira Per Teaspoon by Begonia(m): 2:45am On Mar 01, 2015
This has to be a joke lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Lizards, Frogs, Cockroaches, Ants, Rats As Free Food / Peanut, Jam Or Butter ? / Origin Of Akara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.