Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,223 members, 7,825,848 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Jimi Agbaje's Statement On Governor Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimi Agbaje's Statement On Governor Fashola (995 Views)

12 Of 24 Kebbi Lawmakers Serve Impeachment Notice On Governor Dakingari / Jimi Agbaje Bought Food For Everybody At A Buka / Jimi Agbaje Rides Okada To Rally (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jimi Agbaje's Statement On Governor Fashola by agbaikings: 12:08pm On Feb 21, 2015
I've always maintained that knocking
Governor
B.R. Fashola (SAN) for his achievements all
because I'm running for Governor on a
different
platform will just be playing mere politics -
and
that's not what I've set out to do in this
campaign. However, I like to think Governor
B.R. Fashola (SAN) and I have very different
positions and ideologies when it comes to
leadership and what we both think is critical
to
developing Lagos into a world class mega-
city.
Which leads me to an issue that needs to
addressed. An issue that has to do with our
doctors and healthcare workers.
First and foremost, I find it heart wrenching
that at our level of development in Lagos, we
still have to grapple with the decision of
paying
the salaries of our doctors. You see, quite
simply, we cannot expect to have grown our
economy by almost a hundred fold in the last
16 years without improving the lives and
working conditions of our healthcare
workers.
It's not just logical. What's the purposes of
building schools, if our children cannot afford
it. What's the purpose of building bridges, if it
doesn't connect people to commercial
activity.
What's the purpose of leadership, if there are
no followers. What's the purpose of such
great
prosperity, if it doesn't trickle down to the
least
of us. This is where I think we fundamentally
differ. There's a semblance of being
Progressive
on the surface but the position and decisions
that the honorable Governor has made over
his
tenure leaves us to wonder if truly he and the
leaders in the Lagos' ruling party, the APC, are
true Progressives - in the footsteps of great
Yoruba leaders like Awolowo and LK Jakande.
You see being progressive has nothing to do
with your party. It's in your lifestyle, in your
instinct, it's subconscious. I learnt this from
my great mentor Pa Abraham Adesanya - A
man that took me under his wings as a
young
politician and taught me all I know about
politics. He would say, "It's about the people.
At the end of the day, no other metric counts,
no validation is greater than the one you see
on the faces and lives of the people. If they
are
hungry and without jobs; if they're without a
roof over their heads; if they're uneducated
and
lack the life skills to compete; then we've all
failed even if we build the tallest of
skyscrapers or the longest of bridges." That's
what I call being Progressive.
So don't lecture me on experience. If doesn't
have a human face to it, it's all for nothing.
Let me assure Lagosians that hope is on the
way. And being a Pharmacist myself and
understanding the importance of a healthy
people to national development, I intend to
do
more in this area. I have said under my
watch,
we shall introduce a free-health insurance
scheme that would be beneficial to Lagosians
and service providers amongst other things.
It's
bold - no doubt - but it's possible. As long as
we have the the political will to see it
through,
it will happen.
In this election, it is important that we let the
opposition know that when it comes to
being
Progressive:
it is not in the size of the cap, it's in the
THOUGHTS.
It's not by the shape of the glasses, it's in the
VISION.
And it's definitely not for them to decide
whose
foot the shoes fit. Our Progressiveness is
about
the PATH that Lagosians themselves choose
to
travel and our ability as leaders to harness
that.
God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje's Statement On Governor Fashola by babs01(m): 12:10pm On Feb 21, 2015
JK lafe

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje's Statement On Governor Fashola by temitemi1(m): 12:30pm On Feb 21, 2015
JK is OK for LAGOS!!

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje's Statement On Governor Fashola by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 21, 2015
Jimi is a very sound mind. I wish Lagosians can give this great mind a chance to bring the government back to the people, at the moment, government still belongs to Bourdillon.

6 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje's Statement On Governor Fashola by simpleseyi: 12:51pm On Feb 21, 2015
JK is Just Kidding.
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Statement On Governor Fashola by tswitch: 12:51pm On Feb 21, 2015
#GBAM
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Statement On Governor Fashola by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 21, 2015
I have said it and I will say it again, if agbaje is rigged out of the governorship election for lagos, I will just close down my business in lagos and relocate it to the south east, I will not continue to give out my hard earned money in the name of multiple taxations to some agberos who say ðεƔ are representing the Agbero People Congress led government. There must be a change in Lagos.

5 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje's Statement On Governor Fashola by Orunto: 1:07pm On Feb 21, 2015
Lagos is now for Agbajes. Just grab her and treat her well for good.
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Statement On Governor Fashola by ba7man(m): 1:33pm On Feb 21, 2015
JK is OK!!!!!!
In a pharmaceutical store.

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje's Statement On Governor Fashola by abacusCm(m): 1:36pm On Feb 21, 2015
simpleseyi:
JK is Just Kidding.
JK=JUST KIDDING

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje's Statement On Governor Fashola by chamboy(m): 1:39pm On Feb 21, 2015
Jk we Know, PDP we don't want
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Statement On Governor Fashola by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 21, 2015
Being progressive has nothing to do with your party. It's in your lifestyle, in your instinct, it's subconscious.
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Statement On Governor Fashola by Ayus34(m): 2:01pm On Feb 21, 2015
mobuch:

I have said it and I will say it again, if agbaje is rigged out of the governorship election for lagos, I will just close down my business in lagos and relocate it to the south east, I will not continue to give out my hard earned money in the name of multiple taxations to some agberos who say ðεƔ are representing the Agbero People Congress led government. There must be a change in Lagos.
please it's better u do just that.....so that u can develop the east same way u developed Lagos,God will bless u,if u relocate and that will stop Lagos from developing through your sweat!
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Statement On Governor Fashola by aderonila18: 2:02pm On Feb 21, 2015
Mr. just Kidding, go and develop your failed pharmacy first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_2veWZZWyo&feature=youtu.be
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Statement On Governor Fashola by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 21, 2015
mobuch:

I can assure you that you will not be missed at all. Good riddance!!
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Statement On Governor Fashola by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 21, 2015
His recent utterances in his quest for power have shown beyond reasonable doubt that he's not fit to govern a state as complex as Lagos..

Ambo + Atide
vote Ambode for continuity
Vote Buhari for Change
Sai Baba
Re: Jimi Agbaje's Statement On Governor Fashola by KwoiZabo(m): 2:44pm On Feb 21, 2015
mobuch:

Sorry our Presidential candidate have changed our name. It's Agbero People's Confidence

(1) (Reply)

Foreign Mercenaries Arrive Nigeria To Battle Boko Haram / Is This Apc Legislator Contesting Elections In 2 States? [look] / New English Word 'orubebe'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.