Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados (33293 Views)

Visa To Mexico Is Not As Difficult As You Think ! / See How Much It Cost To Travel From Lagos To New York In The Good Old Days(pic) / 10 Exotic Vacations Nigerians Can Take Without A Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by nd14short: 1:30pm On Feb 21, 2015
Hello i would like to travel barbados and would like to know if i need a visa also where in Nigeria is the embassy located
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by jessiecah(f): 2:16pm On Feb 21, 2015
Lol..you definitely need a visa...but if you already have any carribean visa, you might not need one

1 Like

Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by momoyama: 4:56pm On Feb 21, 2015
nd14short:
Hello i would like to travel barbados and would like to know if i need a visa also where in Nigeria is the embassy located

There is no Barbadian embassy in Nigeria. But I understand that Nigerians do NOT need visas to visit there. But two words of caution: Firstly, it is practically impossible to get there without transiting through several countries that do require visas. Secondly, Barbadian immigration officials at the airport are very strict and can very easily refuse entry if they are suspicious of somebody coming from a country like Nigeria as a 'tourist' and intending to stay and work in Barbados.

6 Likes

Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by momoyama: 4:59pm On Feb 21, 2015
jessiecah:
Lol..you definitely need a visa...but if you already have any carribean visa, you might not need one

You are wrong. Barbados is one of a few Caribbean countries (the others being Haiti and Dominica) that do not require visas from Nigerians. That info is available on Wikipedia. And there is no such thing as a "Caribbean visa". All of our countries have different visa requirements for people entering.

However, as I said above, I know a few Nigerians who arrived in Barbados and were put back on the plane because the immigration officer in question was suspicious.

5 Likes

Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by momoyama: 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2015
nd14short:

Incidentally, why do you want to travel to Barbados? For tourism? I am not asking to be nosy, just because if it is for genuine tourism, you have a better chance of admission.
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by jessiecah(f): 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2015
momoyama:

You are wrong. Barbados is one of a few Caribbean countries (the others being Haiti and Dominica) that do not require visas from Nigerians. That info is available on Wikipedia. And there is no such thing as a "Caribbean visa". All of our countries have different visa requirements for people entering.

However, as I said above, I know a few Nigerians who arrived in Barbados and were put back on the plane because the immigration officer in question was suspicious.

Ok, I didn't know about that. What I meant was
that you can use your Dominican visa to enter Barbados or something like that @ least...thanks for the correction
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by momoyama: 5:16pm On Feb 21, 2015
jessiecah:

Ok, I didn't know about that. What I meant was
that you can use your Dominican visa to enter Barbados or something like that @ least...thanks for the correction
go

No, each country in the Caribbean region is completely sovereign on these matters. The tricky part about getting to Barbados is that you will have to through some country like the UK, US or maybe South America or Panama. So my Nigerian friends tell me it is practically impossible to visit for them although there is no technical visa requirement.

5 Likes

Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by jessiecah(f): 6:40pm On Feb 21, 2015
momoyama:
go

No, each country in the Caribbean region is completely sovereign on these matters. The tricky part about getting to Barbados is that you will have to through some country like the UK, US or maybe South America or Panama. So my Nigerian friends tell me it is practically impossible to visit for them although there is no technical visa requirement.

Hmmmm...r u serious? K,thanks
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by momoyama: 10:08pm On Feb 21, 2015
jessiecah:

Hmmmm...r u serious? K,thanks

Barbados is nice and worth a visit, though. Been there twice and loved it.

1 Like

Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by jessiecah(f): 12:05am On Feb 22, 2015
momoyama:

Barbados is nice and worth a visit, though. Been there twice and loved it.

Yeah, good for you. Mine is dominica
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by momoyama: 12:25am On Feb 22, 2015
jessiecah:

Yeah, good for you. Mine is dominica

Oh wow, you are from Dominica? Cool. What part of the island are you from, Roseau? I am from Nassau, Bahamas.
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by jessiecah(f): 12:42am On Feb 22, 2015
momoyama:

Oh wow, you are from Dominica? Cool. What part of the island are you from, Roseau? I am from Nassau, Bahamas.

Lol, no am Nigerian....I'm just here for a period. Are you from the carribean?
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by momoyama: 12:46am On Feb 22, 2015
jessiecah:

Lol, no am Nigerian....I'm just here for a period. Are you from the carribean?

I am from Nassau, Bahamas. Not technically the Caribbean, but close. How are you liking Dominica?
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by jessiecah(f): 1:16am On Feb 22, 2015
momoyama:

I am from Nassau, Bahamas. Not technically the Caribbean, but close. How are you liking Dominica?

K.It's okay,not bad. So you're not Nigerian?
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by momoyama: 3:24pm On Feb 22, 2015
jessiecah:

K.It's okay,not bad. So you're not Nigerian?

No, I am not. I am Bahamian. Never been to Nigeria. How different do you find the Caribbean to be from Nigeria? I have always been curious about that.
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by jessiecah(f): 7:54pm On Feb 22, 2015
momoyama:

No, I am not. I am Bahamian. Never been to Nigeria. How different do you find the Caribbean to be from Nigeria? I have always been curious about that.

Lol...okay. it was actually less than what I expected. Although, I googled it before I came...it was not just how imagined it to be...it's fine tho. How did you even get on this forum?

1 Like

Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by momoyama: 11:33pm On Feb 22, 2015
jessiecah:

Lol...okay. it was actually less than what I expected. Although, I googled it before I came...it was not just how imagined it to be...it's fine tho. How did you even get on this forum?

Just came across this forum and decided to join. Interested in Africa generally and Nigeria specifically. There are a number of Nigerians living here in Nassau and I know quite a few of them and got interested in the place.

I have not been to Dominica but I do know that it is very underdeveloped. It is called the 'nature island' of the Caribbean.

9 Likes

Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by jessiecah(f): 11:45pm On Feb 22, 2015
momoyama:

Just came across this forum and decided to join. Interested in Africa generally and Nigeria specifically. There are a number of Nigerians living here in Nassau and I know quite a few of them and got interested in the place.

I have not been to Dominica but I do know that it is very underdeveloped. It is called the 'nature island' of the Caribbean.

Yh.. it's underdeveloped, same with Haiti, Jamaica and probably Trinidad
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by momoyama: 1:11am On Feb 23, 2015
jessiecah:

Yh.. it's underdeveloped, same with Haiti, Jamaica and probably Trinidad

Haiti is far more underdeveloped than Dominica. Jamaica has a similar level of development, but Trinidad is far, far more developed.

Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by jessiecah(f): 3:16am On Feb 23, 2015
[quote author=momoyama post=30991659][/quote]

Really? Haiti being more undeveloped than Dominica says a lot o, cos Dominica is really underdeveloped...I didn't know Trinidad was better. I'll like to visit the Bahamas though
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by jessiecah(f): 3:22am On Feb 23, 2015
[quote author=momoyama post=30991659][/quote]

Really? Haiti being more underdeveloped than Dominica says a lot o, cos Dominica is really underdeveloped...I didn't know Trinidad was more developed. I'll like to visit the Bahamas though.
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by momoyama: 3:52am On Feb 23, 2015
jessiecah:

Really? Haiti being more underdeveloped than Dominica says a lot o, cos Dominica is really underdeveloped...I didn't know Trinidad was more developed. I'll like to visit the Bahamas though.

You should definitely visit then. I assume you need to get the visa from the British high commission in Abuja, though.
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by jessiecah(f): 4:00pm On Feb 23, 2015
momoyama:

You should definitely visit then. I assume you need to get the visa from the British high commission in Abuja, though.

Not in Nigeria at the moment, must it be in Abuja?
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by momoyama: 4:23pm On Feb 23, 2015
jessiecah:

Not in Nigeria at the moment, must it be in Abuja?

That is what I was told. The British High Commission in Abuja. But I may be wrong.
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by jessiecah(f): 9:19pm On Feb 23, 2015
momoyama:

That is what I was told. The British High Commission in Abuja. But I may be wrong.

Ok..I'll check
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by SkinnyDude(m): 10:35pm On Feb 23, 2015
i'm getting jealous.
i haven't been outside the borders of Nigeria. am really jealous oh!

8 Likes

Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by gbaby4live: 12:36am On Feb 24, 2015
SkinnyDude:
i'm getting jealous.

LOL....Abeg enter motor go Cotonou jare.....

10 Likes

Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by momoyama: 12:56am On Feb 24, 2015
SkinnyDude:
i'm getting jealous.

Are you being serious? You have really never been outside the borders of Nigeria? Wow!

Is that very common in Nigeria? It seems not, because I have met Nigerians everywhere: in London, Japan, California, even Argentina.

6 Likes

Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by kobenol(m): 1:43am On Feb 24, 2015
Nigerians are an ubiquitous lot. You get to find them anywhere, everywhere.
In fact a particularly highly industrious tribe with excelling trade attributes are whom you find more all over the globe, perhaps only less the Antarctic.
It is quite jokingly said if you dont find these lots in your vicinity, that area is not liveable...Lol

3 Likes

Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by momoyama: 1:46am On Feb 24, 2015
gbaby4live:

Have you been to Cotonou? I would love to go there. What is it like?

1 Like

Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by SkinnyDude(m): 5:52am On Feb 24, 2015
momoyama:

Are you being serious? You have really never been outside the borders of Nigeria? Wow!

Is that very common in Nigeria? It seems not, because I have met Nigerians everywhere: in London, Japan, California, even Argentina.
ya, i'm serious. maybe because am still in school. or am very young.
btw, i'm 20.
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by SkinnyDude(m): 5:54am On Feb 24, 2015
gbaby4live:

you go give me 5k? you wan make i chop my school fees?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Update On The Lagos Metro Railway - Photos / Couple And Their Son Travelling For Burial Die In Ondo Auto Crash / Lagos-Ibadan Train: Diesel Finally Arrives (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.